The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Stevie Nicks Always Wanted Mike Campbell in FM??? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58027)

Angel75 09-02-2018 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse (Post 1235352)
Where did Mick ever say that Lindsey chose to leave the band? No one associated with the band has ever said that. The band has continued to say that for a host of reasons (including disagreements over touring schedules and an unhappy "work" environment), Mick decided to part ways with Lindsey.

Well Mick refused to say 'fired' because it's an ugly word so what was his exact phrase then...?? You are just nitpicking that comment, it is very clear what is being said.

Sugar Mouse 09-02-2018 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel75 (Post 1235353)
Well Mick refused to say 'fired' because it's an ugly word so what was his exact phrase then...?? You are just nitpicking that comment, it is very clear what is being said.

Mick didn't want to use the word "fired" but he made it very clear that Lindsey's contract with the band was being terminated. Companies routinely come up with different words to use when they fire someone. Either way, Mick made it clear that Lindsey was let go and that he was no longer a part of the band.

SteveMacD 09-03-2018 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel75 (Post 1235353)

Lindsey also didn’t refer to it as a firing.

button-lip 09-03-2018 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse (Post 1235352)
Where did Mick ever say that Lindsey chose to leave the band? No one associated with the band has ever said that. The band has continued to say that for a host of reasons (including disagreements over touring schedules and an unhappy "work" environment), Mick decided to part ways with Lindsey.

Chiffonheads want to believe Lindsey chose to leave the band because it ease their conscience regarding Stevie and what she did. Mick didn’t make the decision. It was a Stevie’s ultimatum and he had no choice but follow her rules.

Sorry, Mick, we know it was all Stevie. Your balls had been chopped in 1978. :angel:

HomerMcvie 09-03-2018 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1235404)
Chiffonheads want to believe Lindsey chose to leave the band because it ease their conscience regarding Stevie and what she did. Mick didn’t make the decision. It was a Stevie’s ultimatum and he had no choice but follow her rules.

Sorry, Mick, we know it was all Stevie. Your balls had been chopped in 1978. :angel:

Mick is a simple little whore, who has always been terrible with money. He'd take a sh*t on Biddy's grave for $5. But he's at least smart enough to know on which side his bread is buttered.
#cheapwhorewithnoscruples

DownOnRodeo 09-03-2018 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1235387)
Lindsey also didn’t refer to it as a firing.

He was probably keen to avoid any inflammatory/dramatic language, particularly a phrase that would amplify or validate his weaker position relative to Her Royal Highness.

"I have sadly taken leave of my band of 43 years"
"This was not something that was really my doing or my choice"

That's a man telling us that he was decommissioned, while doing his best to retain his own sense of dignity and self-value, and avoiding the situation where he would be discrediting the value of his career in the band.

bombaysaffires 09-04-2018 12:20 AM

we also don't know the legal ramifications of saying 'fired'.....nobody knows how their contracts are structured etc..... Hopefully LB is still a partner in FM (if they are structured as a corporation-- many, many bands are) and reaps a percentage of all of it. Christine may have sold her "share" or "partnership" status when she left (she sold of publishing and all the 'burned bridges' could refer to severing her business contracts with the band). Mike and Neil are getting salaries but one wonders about their status -- are they full members? I would think with Neil still having one foot out with his solo career.....who knows.

HomerMcvie 09-04-2018 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1235408)
we also don't know the legal ramifications of saying 'fired'.....nobody knows how their contracts are structured etc..... Hopefully LB is still a partner in FM (if they are structured as a corporation-- many, many bands are) and reaps a percentage of all of it. Christine may have sold her "share" or "partnership" status when she left (she sold of publishing and all the 'burned bridges' could refer to severing her business contracts with the band). Mike and Neil are getting salaries but one wonders about their status -- are they full members? I would think with Neil still having one foot out with his solo career.....who knows.

Oh, I'd bet you a million bucks that Mike and Neil aren't full members. That would be REALLY stupid on Dick's part.

On second thought....:p

Storms123 09-04-2018 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1235419)
Oh, I'd bet you a million bucks that Mike and Neil aren't full members. That would be REALLY stupid on Dick's part.

I agree with you, doubtful they are full members. The rest of the Rumours 5 is taking home a larger percentage this go around without LB.

bombaysaffires 09-04-2018 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storms123 (Post 1235424)
I agree with you, doubtful they are full members. The rest of the Rumours 5 is taking home a larger percentage this go around without LB.

more motive for the killers, your Honor....

button-lip 09-04-2018 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1235419)

I still see the Rumours 5 lineup every time I take a look at Apple Music, and not so long ago it was the SYW lineup, so they could have changed it to the new lineup, but they chose not to. :rolleyes:

SteveMacD 09-04-2018 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1235452)
I still see the Rumours 5 lineup every time I take a look at Apple Music, and not so long ago it was the SYW lineup, so they could have changed it to the new lineup, but they chose not to. :rolleyes:

The flip side is that the new lineup doesn’t have any music to sell. That would likely change with a new recording.