The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   New Rolling Stone (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=44478)

wheart 09-03-2010 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louielouie2000 (Post 908547)
Argh, why can't Stevie look like THAT when she hits the stage?? These candid photos of her the past several years in her "street look" have been downright sexy. She looks so frumpy these days in the Italian Widow Granny getups she wears on stage.

you took the words right out of my mouth!!! She looks damn hot in these "not so candid" shots. I can't for the life of me understand why she dresses so incredibly conservative and demure on stage these days. ???

wheart 09-03-2010 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 908626)
Oh, her outfits from these most recent August shows have been kind of hip and tapered. Do you think an Italian widowed granny would dress in those?

Michele

hip and tapered? What shows were you going to?? Certaintly not Stevie Nicks. And no, I don't think an Italian widowed granny would be caught dead in one of Stevie's outfits...they're far too frumpy for a widowed granny. Italians have more style than that.

THINKABOUTIT 09-03-2010 06:44 PM

Thank you for posting that pic of her and Dave. Does anyone have it larger?? :) Also....I'm still kinda confused :)....that small blurb is in the True Blood issue? Or an upcoming issue with Mad Men on the cover? LOL..thanks!! ;)

michelej1 09-03-2010 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheart (Post 908666)
hip and tapered? What shows were you going to?? Certaintly not Stevie Nicks. And no, I don't think an Italian widowed granny would be caught dead in one of Stevie's outfits...they're far too frumpy for a widowed granny. Italians have more style than that.

I don't think there's anything particularly matronly looking about the pictures I saw taken of Stevie last month. The granny sweater from the SYW tour was a different story, however.

Michele

DallasDude 09-03-2010 08:21 PM

Rolling Stone mention

Kids... the new CD is still 6 months away so there is not going to be too much PR so early. Frankly, I'm surprised there has been as much as we've already seen. But once she hands over the masters to Warner Bros, then it will be record execs that call the shots, and more likely will have a say in the title and release of songs/singles.

Stevie says she doesn't care if the CD sells. Well, Warner Bros does! It will be interesting to see what marketing approach they take if the music is as powerful and well-produced as is being touted.

SortaSavageLike 09-03-2010 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louielouie2000 (Post 908632)

This just confirms my suspicion that Lady Gaga is trying to turn herself into the Elephant Man.

sorcerer999 09-03-2010 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DallasDude (Post 908731)
Kids... the new CD is still 6 months away so there is not going to be too much PR so early. Frankly, I'm surprised there has been as much as we've already seen. But once she hands over the masters to Warner Bros, then it will be record execs that call the shots, and more likely will have a say in the title and release of songs/singles.

Stevie says she doesn't care if the CD sells. Well, Warner Bros does! It will be interesting to see what marketing approach they take if the music is as powerful and well-produced as is being touted.

I agree wholeheartedly however, creatively, this is Stevie's baby. Warners will pick the singles and handle marketing, but Stevie will still choose the title and song selection/sequencing.

louielouie2000 09-04-2010 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DallasDude (Post 908731)

Honestly, I don't think it matters at this point in the game to Warners what quality of music Stevie puts out, her attitude towards it, etc. They seem to have a blanket approach to marketing Stevie the past two decades. Essentially, they chose a couple of safe singles, put her on the summer concert circuit after a spring release, put her on a late show or two, and leave the rest to fate. I don't expect Reprise to spend as much on this new album as hard as they did on TISL (2 gorgeous videos, dance single, beautiful packaging, posters, and paraphernalia, etc), but I DO expect them to do a bit more for this new one than they did for Street Angel (1 very cheap "live" music video, ...and?). I wouldn't expect heavy marketing time and money spent on Stevie given the state of the economy, the record industry, and the fact she hasn't been a platinum seller in a long time.

GypsyBlueEyes 09-04-2010 01:30 AM

^Which is unfortunate because, from all indications, this album has the potential to be 1000 times better than TISL.

Josh2003 09-04-2010 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 908572)

I'm glad the album got a mention, but it doesn't sound like a "Blood on these Tracks" rave. He just said one song was catchy and one ballad was grand. Whoopie.

Well he really isn't setting out to write a review of the album, so his opinions on the songs really don't matter. He's just writing to inform the general public.

Jondalar 09-04-2010 02:56 PM

He described the album as being moody and atmospheric. Could this album be her solo version of Tusk?

MacMan 09-04-2010 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louielouie2000 (Post 908746)
Honestly, I don't think it matters at this point in the game to Warners what quality of music Stevie puts out, her attitude towards it, etc. They seem to have a blanket approach to marketing Stevie the past two decades. Essentially, they chose a couple of safe singles, put her on the summer concert circuit after a spring release, put her on a late show or two, and leave the rest to fate. I don't expect Reprise to spend as much on this new album as hard as they did on TISL (2 gorgeous videos, dance single, beautiful packaging, posters, and paraphernalia, etc), but I DO expect them to do a bit more for this new one than they did for Street Angel (1 very cheap "live" music video, ...and?). I wouldn't expect heavy marketing time and money spent on Stevie given the state of the economy, the record industry, and the fact she hasn't been a platinum seller in a long time.

I think she was still with Modern back in those days... I think 98 and on it's reprise/warner.

In any event.. There probably won't be a ton of money spend on promoting it other then maybe some online stuff... I mean what other way is there really to reach massive amounts of people other then you said with a few appearances on some tv shows... The best form of advertising at this point for her is to tour, which would garner some press. Plus I don't know what her record deal is with Reprise and whether or not she received an advance from the Record co., but usually all promotional costs, videos included are recoupment costs, meaning the artist has to pay back the record for these costs through album sales. So instead of going hog wild on spending, they'll spend modestly because sales will likely be modest - not because it won't be good, just because nobody sells tonnage anymore.

Sahara 09-13-2010 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nailatixela (Post 908491)
Thanks for posting that! It's so exciting to have new song titles. In Your Dreams sounds amazing. I wonder if it's going to be dreamy/airy/positive or in your dreams like yeah right, Nothing Ever Changes, Enchanted sarcastic sort of vibe.

Either would really work, though I love the idea of Sarcastic Stevie making a return.
SQUEEEEEEEEE. I'm so flipping excited about this! If we keep getting little teasing glimpses like this I'm going to explode long before March.