The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   The Early Years (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   The Munich accident (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=27555)

Karl-Heinz 03-04-2008 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Popmuseum (Post 744410)
Pages 114-116 of Langhans' Autobiography tell how Langhans and Obermaier have invited Greenie to their commune (Castle Kronwinkl near Landshut), how they spent some time together, that the communards met Greenie two weeks later twice in London and that Greenie had helped the communards to get in contact with the Rolling Stones.

Langhans tells that the members of Fleetwood Mac believe that the communards are guilty of Greenies mental breakdown.

(Don't forget to excuse my English. But I'm only used to read English but not to write in English. This time i made an exception, because i thought you're interested to read what is written in Langhans brandnew autobiography).

Popmuseum

Seems to be this one

http://www.meinestadt.de/eching-nied...s/pix?id=28607

I excuse your English, at leasr I'll do my very best to do so :D

Map

http://maps.google.de/maps?f=q&hl=de...86002&t=h&z=14

Popmuseum 03-05-2008 01:40 AM

Schloss Kronwinkl

"Schloss Kronwinkl" today:

Sonja Schön: Reise ins Mittelalter. Seit fast 1000 Jahren trotzt Schloss Kronwinkl der Grafen von Preysing den Stürmen der Zeit.

zoork_1 03-05-2008 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Popmuseum (Post 744410)
"Pages 114-116 of Langhans' Autobiography ...[...]"

Thanks Popmuseum, I read you loud and clear....:-)

/z

Ghost_Tracker 03-07-2008 12:16 AM

I believe John McVie has expressed a desire to find the people who did this to Peter. Perhaps to ask them why they did it. . . . .What exactly was in the stuff. . . .And to express to them personally his disappointment and anger at their behavior. :nod:

Popmuseum 03-08-2008 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost_Tracker (Post 744742)
I believe John McVie has expressed a desire to find the people who did this to Peter. Perhaps to ask them why they did it. . . . .What exactly was in the stuff. . . .And to express to them personally his disappointment and anger at their behavior. :nod:

"The man had so much talent that was lost because of those people and i despise them for that. so if they ever see this: "don't ever cross my path". i'm very serious (about this)."

John McVie (Fleetwood Mac - The Mick Fleetwood Story. DVD).

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...PL._AA240_.jpg

Mainer 11-06-2008 02:39 AM

Apartment to share

Your English is perfect, just translate High-Fish-Commune by Steckerlfisch-WG!

Popmuseum 11-06-2008 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mainer (Post 783262)
Your English is perfect, just translate High-Fish-Commune by Steckerlfisch-WG!

:laugh: :)

Ms Moose 11-06-2008 05:55 AM

The Lost Tapes

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wouter Vuijk (Post 545234)
And what about the tapes?????:shrug:

I think Martin Celmins mentions in his book - and Peter Green himself - certainly - mentions in The Man of The World DVD, that he left the "Munich Tape(s)" in Los Angeles with his ex-wife Jane Samuels.
Maybe she could be kindly asked to return them? :angel:

I don't know how to "quote" from more than one thread - but thanks to all our german and austrian friends and Fellow Ledgies for all their knowledge and information - and the time they take to translate!:thumbsup:

Ms Moose

Popmuseum 11-06-2008 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ms Moose (Post 783269)
I think Martin Celmins mentions in his book - and Peter Green himself - certainly - mentions in The Man of The World DVD, that he left the "Munich Tape(s)" in Los Angeles with his ex-wife Jane Samuels.
Maybe she could be kindly asked to return them? :angel:

I don't know how to "quote" from more than one thread - but thanks to all our german and austrian friends and Fellow Ledgies for all their knowledge and information - and the time they take to translate! :thumbsup: Ms Moose

Maybe someone who's able to write her a nice e-mail should ask her (kindly) :nod: (In English, not German). Thanks.

slipkid 11-06-2008 02:29 PM

I notice the walking on eggshells approach when concerning Peter's ex-wife. From reading the 1999 Penguin Q&A with PG, up to that time he had never seen his daughter? Does anyone know if this has changed?

Jeremy Spencer mentioned an incident involving Jane Samuels while pregnant in one of his propogandist CoG fliers. I don't have the Celmins biography so I'm in the dark.

jeremy spencer 11-29-2008 05:53 PM

oops...

... propagandist. (Spellcheck).

Quote:

Originally Posted by slipkid (Post 783347)
I notice the walking on eggshells approach when concerning Peter's ex-wife. From reading the 1999 Penguin Q&A with PG, up to that time he had never seen his daughter? Does anyone know if this has changed?

Jeremy Spencer mentioned an incident involving Jane Samuels while pregnant in one of his propogandist CoG fliers. I don't have the Celmins biography so I'm in the dark.

doodyhead 11-29-2008 06:16 PM

Did you ever get to spend time with Peter And Jane?

Dear Jeremy,

I don't know what the propaganda thing is all about, but I was always curious about what happened to you, danny and peter. I have much respect for what the three of you managed to put out in such a few short years. We are all curious about what you went through as well as what Peter went through. Maybe someday you can tell us of your travels as well as tour meetings over time with your other former bandmates. I know there are quite a few interested in Jane and Rosebud. I apologize if this seems like such a maudlin interest, but even those among us who are blues enthusiasts and devotees, there is a little bit of the fanatic in all us fans.

A fan and avid listener of your music,

vinnie c

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeremy spencer (Post 786128)

slipkid 11-29-2008 10:14 PM

It was my master plan...

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeremy spencer (Post 786128)

I knew that would force you to make a comment. :laugh:

Seriously, I should know better. :sorry: At least the thread isn't dead anymore.

snoot 12-07-2008 05:29 AM

Great read, with input from JS himself and our German friends. Thanks to all who contributed.

jeremy spencer 12-08-2008 10:33 PM

It's okay...

Quote:

Originally Posted by slipkid (Post 786151)
I knew that would force you to make a comment. :laugh:

Seriously, I should know better. :sorry: At least the thread isn't dead anymore.

No offence taken!
Anyway, that was certainly a nightmare experience for me, and I can't merely make acid the scapegoat! I hadn't taken any, yet that Munich 'incident' was still a night spent in hell.