The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Fleetwood Mac Tour Survivor ('75-'05) Rounds 5-7 (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=21776)

HomerMcvie 08-18-2005 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David
I'll get rid of the White Album Tour since it sucked!!

****, that's when Lindsey still played all the cool songs!

HomerMcvie 08-18-2005 11:09 PM

Tusk tour

I liked Mirage better.

ontheEdgeof17 08-18-2005 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
****, that's when Lindsey still played all the cool songs!

Cool, as in the songs he didn't write? :shrug: :)

HomerMcvie 08-18-2005 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ontheEdgeof17
Cool, as in the songs he didn't write? :shrug: :)

Yep. Nail on the head! Green Manalishi, Oh Well, Hypnotized, Station Man, etc... :thumbsup:

chiliD 08-19-2005 02:18 AM

Mirage

...even though Lindsey FINALLY got the hang of "Oh Well" on this tour.

strandinthewind 08-19-2005 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiliD
...even though Lindsey FINALLY got the hang of "Oh Well" on this tour.

You are being generous - - LB's finger picking never really suited the song, though he made the effort and with a B+ effort for the most part. What I would not have given to have had a BN harmony on Man of the World, Peter's greatest IMO.

macfan 57 08-19-2005 05:25 AM

Mirage tour

I'm going with the Mirage tour. The Mirage tour was great(although short), but the other three were better, in my opinion.

face of glass 08-19-2005 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strandinthewind
- LB's finger picking never really suited the song, though he made the effort and with a B+ effort for the most part.

The only problem I hear in his "Oh Wells" is that at certain versions on the White Album and Rumours tours there's some clumsy fingerpicking in the opening riffage. After that, though, it improved, I don't know if that was due to him getting a Turner or not. Other than those small awkward moments in the early versions, I hear no difference in emotional dedication, vocally or guitarwise, to ANY other live version of "Oh Well". In fact, my favourite live "Oh Well" right now is the first of Hollywood Bowl nights in August 31st, 1980.

But of course it's like a final nail to the coffin of the Rumours line-up, to suggest that its guitarist couldn't do the ultimate Fleetwood Mac song well enough. HAH! ;)

face of glass 08-19-2005 07:35 AM

Round & Round #6: Rumours tour.

The Tusk and Mirage tours were more intense and the White Album tour was fresher and had no problems with "Rhiannons", for a start.

GypsySorcerer 08-19-2005 08:34 AM

6 - Mirage

10 characters

chiliD 08-19-2005 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by face of glass
But of course it's like a final nail to the coffin of the Rumours line-up, to suggest that its guitarist couldn't do the ultimate Fleetwood Mac song well enough. HAH! ;)

That's why, after hearing the SYW tour version of the main riff of "Eyes Of The World" with three guitars in harmony, I would've liked to have heard them do "Oh Well"...Lindsey was on a "I wanna be a guitar God" obsession (considering the hystrionics of "Come"), I think he would've really done a good job with "Oh Well" this last time out.

As of now, not counting the original studio version, my favorite live version is the one on the B-side of the "As Long As You Follow" single (with Billy on lead vocal, Rick on lead guitar)

golden braid 08-19-2005 10:26 AM

Mirage Tour

Stevie's vocals were not so good.

msLinds 08-19-2005 11:21 AM

Round 6 Mirage Tour

Bye Mirage tour.

:wavey:

Neal 08-19-2005 12:47 PM

Round 6

White album tour

Dark Angel 08-19-2005 01:32 PM

Round 6 - White Album Tour

This is getting difficult. I love all the tours that are left.