The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Christine McVie (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Christine's Kent home listed for sale (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=55574)

michelej1 03-06-2016 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1179168)
Christine's house is finally under offer after all this time.
However, she's had to drop the asking price by a cool one million quid. That's a big hit but I'm sure she can afford it after that tour.

I laughed when she said she was going to go out and burn some plastic. She has some extra spending money now.

Michele

billwebster 03-08-2016 05:15 PM

The garden looks amazing. I wish there were more pictures of it.

jbrownsjr 03-09-2016 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1179183)
I laughed when she said she was going to go out and burn some plastic. She has some extra spending money now.

Michele

And with an album and new tour... she'll probably have a big credit limit.

Wdm6789 03-24-2016 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1179272)
And with an album and new tour... she'll probably have a big credit limit.

Apparently her net worth is $65 million, before she rejoined the band a couple years ago. I wonder who her heirs are. Stevie's also.

turquoise5 03-25-2016 02:35 PM

Heirs?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wdm6789 (Post 1179749)
Apparently her net worth is $65 million, before she rejoined the band a couple years ago. I wonder who her heirs are. Stevie's also.

I'd bet Jessica James Nicks, Stevie's niece, is Stevie's heir and I believe Christine has at least one nephew, who helped her with In the Meantime, and he's probably the heir to Christine's fortune.

pattyfan 03-25-2016 11:46 PM

Most people these days have trusts, and they divide their assets among as many people as they want to, so I think it would be very odd if anyone with this much wealth had just one beneficiary. Just my guess.

Kevin

michelej1 03-26-2016 12:43 AM

Yes, Christine has several nieces and nephew. In addition to her brother John, she has a half brother as well.

Michele

bombaysaffires 03-27-2016 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turquoise5 (Post 1179809)
I'd bet Jessica James Nicks, Stevie's niece, is Stevie's heir and I believe Christine has at least one nephew, who helped her with In the Meantime, and he's probably the heir to Christine's fortune.

Agree, though I doubt Jessica is Stevie's sole heir. I'd bet that a chunk goes to her brother, to Lori, to Jesse, to any number of her god daughters, some amount to her assistant Karen, any number of nieces, nephews, cousins, etc. Maybe something to Matthew...(not millions, but some sum). Maybe stuff to some charities...

Probably however Jesse will inherit the rights to her artistic material-- i.e. publishing rights to her songs and etc. The cash can be blown through, but the song royalties and rights to her image can be the gift that keeps giving and giving. There are plenty of accountings of now-deceased stars making more money dead than when they were alive (Elvis, Marilyn, John Lennon, etc).

What will be interesting though is who she designates to manage it all. Priscilla Presley (and whoever was advising her) really has done an amazing job growing Elvis' estate, as has Yoko Ono with John Lennon's. People could be monetizing all the scribbles she's done over the years-- there could be all sorts of photo collections in shows/books/posters/postcards/coffeemugs or made from her sketches, auctions of articles of her clothing/stage outfits, songwriting notebooks, her poems, her doodles, her grocery lists :eek: We could see the Stevie Nicks Collection of jewelry on QVC-- there's an official family-sanctioned Jackie Kennedy collection on QVC..... never know!\

Christine's songs have all sorts of possibilities too.... commercials, etc...