The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Rock Legends You Should Catch On Tour This Year (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57970)

dreamsunwind 06-22-2018 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwd (Post 1231502)
I vote for "I Don't Care". She could substitute that one for "Gold Dust Woman" and the crackhead dance.

Is crackhead one word or two words? crack head? :confused:

I can see her going a little nuts on this song live.

Oh my god these lyrics what on earth was she thinking :eek:

sodascouts 06-22-2018 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamsunwind (Post 1231513)
Oh my god these lyrics what on earth was she thinking :eek:

I know... it's so awful! The suckage is strong with this one!

jwd 06-22-2018 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sodascouts (Post 1231511)
You'd substitute "I Don't Care" for "Gold Dust Woman"? I think there might be crack already going around! ;)

(Sorry, I hate that song, lol.)

:laugh:

Ok, fair enough, but I'm really tired of the gold doily draped Stevie droning on about gold dust and acting like she needs a chiropractic adjustment. Give me something new, really anything.

Aussie W/Heart 06-22-2018 09:41 PM

Out of all the songs from The Vault, I'd love to hear FM play 24 Karat Gold or Mable Normand.. As much i love GDW, Id be happy to see it replaced with either two i mentioned but not I Don't Care, have always skipped that one :sorry:..

jwd 06-22-2018 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sodascouts (Post 1231514)
I know... it's so awful! The suckage is strong with this one!

Suckage is a great word! Would it be acceptable to apply it to Mick? Or would that be equivalent to calling him a whore?! :laugh:

mitzo 06-22-2018 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aussie W/Heart (Post 1231517)
Out of all the songs from The Vault, I'd love to hear FM play 24 Karat Gold or Mable Normand.. As much i love GDW, Id be happy to see it replaced with either two i mentioned but not I Don't Care, have always skipped that one :sorry:..

Ghosts are Gone from IYD would be much better rocker than the miserable I Don't Care. For which I care not a whit.

sodascouts 06-22-2018 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwd (Post 1231518)
Suckage is a great word! Would it be acceptable to apply it to Mick? Or would that be equivalent to calling him a whore?! :laugh:

I've never heard any person called a "suckage" so I think you may be out of luck there! It's more of an object noun, completely divorced from any lascivious origins. This usage might be more appropriate:

"Can you believe what happened to Lindsey? That was some major suckage."

or, more creatively:

"Mick and Stevie have reduced Fleetwood Mac to a pile of suckage."

sodascouts 06-22-2018 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aussie W/Heart (Post 1231517)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitzo (Post 1231519)
Ghosts are Gone from IYD would be much better rocker than the miserable I Don't Care. For which I care not a whit.

Yes, but to be fair, I believe the only reason "I Don't Care" was suggested rather than a superior song from her catalog was because it was a co-write with Campbell.

I would rather GDW be shortened than replaced. I think she believes everybody likes the lengthy "crackhead dance" and posturing but... not so much. A little goes a long way....

David 06-22-2018 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sodascouts (Post 1231511)
Imperial Hotel? OK, now I'm beginning to think folks are just teasing.

No, I've always loved that song (about an assignation at the Sunset Marquis). But I suppose it's an artifact of its time. It has nothing more to do with today's Stevie than something-or-other.

How about Fall From Grace for an up-tempo blazing rock and roller? She did that a few years ago on an awards show, and she laid it down like a queen. Maybe Mike Campbell had something to do with that track?

HomerMcvie 06-22-2018 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sasja (Post 1231509)
~*~ hands The Crown back with deep and utter reverence! ~*~

I was told a couple days ago that my King of Snark title was in danger...:wavey:

Aussie W/Heart 06-22-2018 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sodascouts (Post 1231521)
Yes, but to be fair, I believe the only reason "I Don't Care" was suggested rather than a superior song from her catalog was because it was a co-write with Campbell.

I would rather GDW be shortened than replaced. I think she believes everybody likes the lengthy "crackhead dance" and posturing but... not so much. A little goes a long way....

Yes sorry i forgot to mention that i realized I Don't Care was co written with MC, hence reason why this song was mentioned in the first place.. Still i would love to hear 24 Karat live tho :thumbsup: solo or with FM

Yeah I agree GDW shortened by cutting out the crackhead dance :eek:

AncientQueen 06-23-2018 01:18 AM

I just listen to "I don't care" and honestly, that one is just so ridiculously bad, I can't even say that I don't care. What was everyone thinking during production? I would have laughed my ass off in the studio.

sasja 06-23-2018 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1231525)
I was told a couple days ago that my King of Snark title was in danger...:wavey:

Superb stepping up your game!!! :blob2:

SteveMacD 06-23-2018 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AncientQueen (Post 1231534)
I just listen to "I don't care" and honestly, that one is just so ridiculously bad, I can't even say that I don't care. What was everyone thinking during production? I would have laughed my ass off in the studio.

The music isn’t bad, so maybe they recorded without the vocals.

jmn3 06-23-2018 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sodascouts (Post 1231521)

That whole dance is painful to watch. GDW has become beyond bloated and overdone. I don't mind the jam aspect of it but it's pretty much exactly the same every single night so calling it a jam is a bit of a stretch. I preferred the Dance era versions of that tune and I would say that The Dance DVD and Sheryl Crow in Central Park versions are my two favorite performances of GDW ever.