The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Are you Team Lindsey or Team Fleetwood Mac? Who are u routing for in the lawsuit? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58196)

annabellee 10-13-2018 10:18 AM

I'm not routing, er, I mean rooting for any of them. I hope all of their success and happiness dries up and they die miserable, old and alone. Now I will just stick around here and watch this soap opera instead of that which was once a band that produced music that I cared about.

Jondalar 10-13-2018 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by annabellee (Post 1240571)
I'm not routing, er, I mean rooting for any of them. I hope all of their success and happiness dries up and they die miserable, old and alone. Now I will just stick around here and watch this soap opera instead of that which was once a band that produced music that I cared about.

It’s not Lindsey’s fault if all the members care about is money.

FuzzyPlum 10-13-2018 12:28 PM

I hope Lindsey wins by a rout.

jwd 10-13-2018 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1240556)
To be clear, they didn't perjure themselves... they weren't under oath when they were interviewed.

:eek::eek: NO!!! Is that what perjury means? Thanks for clearing that up for me. :laugh: I know, it's hyperbole on my part. Just like calling this poll a vote by jury. I thought you had a better sense of humor than that! :p

However, I do believe this interview is admissible in court. Stevie said Lindsey wanted them to wait an exaggerated longer period of time to tour. According to his complaint, that's not true.

bwboy 10-13-2018 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwd (Post 1240612)
:eek::eek: NO!!! Is that what perjury means? Thanks for clearing that up for me. :laugh: I know, it's hyperbole on my part. Just like calling this poll a vote by jury. I thought you had a better sense of humor than that! :p

Sorry, I genuinely thought you misspoke, I wasn't trying to be a jerk or condescending, so I apologize if it came out that way. You also weren't the only one to use that word. So hopefully we're all good :thumbsup:

jwd 10-13-2018 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1240620)
Sorry, I genuinely thought you misspoke, I wasn't trying to be a jerk or condescending, so I apologize if it came out that way. You also weren't the only one to use that word. So hopefully we're all good :thumbsup:

Oh yeah, definitely! I think you are one of the most thoughtful and polite posters here.

gldstwmn 10-13-2018 01:14 PM

I don't know because we don't have all the facts yet.

gldstwmn 10-13-2018 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feather Blade (Post 1240048)
FM77 said in another thread that a suit had already been settled months ago. There may be no need to support either side. It is all very confusing.

I was confused by that too. This is a new suit though because it was just filed a few days ago.

gldstwmn 10-13-2018 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitzo (Post 1240210)
Without even hearing both sides! So exciting!!

:laugh::laugh::laugh::wavey::woohoo: Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Feather Blade 10-13-2018 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1240573)
It’s not Lindsey’s fault if all the members care about is money.

So I guess he's bringing a lawsuit with the intention of being awarded vast amounts of artistic integrity? Perhaps he plans to give the huge settlement to charity? :confused: ;)

gldstwmn 10-13-2018 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitzo (Post 1240218)
We have not seen the band's response to the lawsuit. Could be full of juicy rebuttals to his statements.

I have a feeling it will be.

gldstwmn 10-13-2018 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo (Post 1240230)
By way of showing support for Lindsey I voted for "Team Lindsey" in this binary poll, but it needs to be said that:
- as soon as Stevie and the 25 or so other defendants made their choice to shaft Lindsey,

Ah yes. The Does. Who are they?

gldstwmn 10-13-2018 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlanketMan (Post 1240272)
They've both been in the business a long time. If (and that's a big if!) Stevie/Mick/Christine/John were up-front with MC and NF about LB's dismissal, bracing them for the inevitable legal wrangling that would take place, the new guys may be taking it in stride. It would be a different story if these were two twenty-somethings, new to the scene - surely these vets knew something like this was coming; I imagine (hope!) they are both good at compartmentalizing the background noise and just enjoying playing great music in front of big crowds again.

Then again, I'm one of those big LB *AND* NF fans who somehow wants both guys to live happily ever after! ;)

Tom and The Heartbreakers were involved in a very ugly lawsuit early in their career. Mike knows the drill. Neil seems like a steady Eddie kind of guy so I'm sure he's doing fine. This has nothing to do with him.

gldstwmn 10-13-2018 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Kirk (Post 1240317)
Certain band members wanting to dump John when he was ill is beyond disgusting.

Team Lindsey all the way.

Hell, I might even make a Team Lindsey T-Shirt 😊

Just for context it's been speculated that might have been what John wanted.

gldstwmn 10-13-2018 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1240326)
I'm not routing for anyone; but I am rooting for the legacy of the Rumours5 which is really what is at stake.

Too late. The myth has been shattered.