The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   stevie tattoo.... (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=41267)

Gypsy-Rhiannon 09-29-2009 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen (Post 844477)
That is the best news I've heard all day. I may be getting mine sooner rather than later...

The one on my lower back hurt more. My right shoulder blade took the longest but didn't hurt too much. I hear the foot is one of the most painful places. I'd like one there though

addiejean 09-29-2009 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon (Post 844478)
The one on my lower back hurt more. My right shoulder blade took the longest but didn't hurt too much. I hear the foot is one of the most painful places. I'd like one there though

I have a flower on the outside of my achilles heel, like the very back of my foot, and thought I was going to die. So painful... I also have one on my shoulder and thought that one didnt hurt a bit.

Anyways: I dont know if it really counts, but my stevie tattoo is a dove on my wrist. Its by far the simplest one I have but I love it the most... Its very small, and it sort of looks like Jessica Biel's... I thought it hurt more than my back, but wasnt bad at all... It only took about twenty minutes too :)

Black_Moon 09-29-2009 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by addiejean (Post 844480)
I have a flower on the outside of my achilles heel, like the very back of my foot, and thought I was going to die. So painful... I also have one on my shoulder and thought that one didnt hurt a bit.

Anyways: I dont know if it really counts, but my stevie tattoo is a dove on my wrist. Its by far the simplest one I have but I love it the most... Its very small, and it sort of looks like Jessica Biel's... I thought it hurt more than my back, but wasnt bad at all... It only took about twenty minutes too :)

That's exactly the tattoo I want. I only want mine to be about an inch and a half in length.

addiejean 09-29-2009 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black_Moon (Post 844484)
That's exactly the tattoo I want. I only want mine to be about an inch and a half in length.

Great minds think alike! Mine is sooo bitty...

ILoveFM 09-29-2009 05:54 PM

I'm here to report that I DID get the Fleetwood Mac flower tattoo over a month ago. I don't have a computer right now so the pictures I have of my tattoo are on my facebook. If I'm ever at a computer long enough I will post a picture of it here!

So after getting that done, I want a few more. It hurt worse than I imagined but that isn't going to keep me from getting more haha.

LikeAWillow 09-29-2009 06:08 PM

I'm really thinking about one on my foot, but I'm not sure just where on the foot to get it. It's only a small Stevie reference (I have a much more detailed one on my hip), but I'm planning on a small oleander flower, a small snap dragon, and a small lily (as in, go ahead), possibly with a line from one of my other favorite artist's songs interwoven through my little garden. If anyone else can suggest a good location, I'd be happy to hear it. I want something easily hidden (I want to go into law), but I'd like to shy away from typical "tramp stamp" locations.

Black_Moon 09-29-2009 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LikeAWillow (Post 844496)
I'm really thinking about one on my foot, but I'm not sure just where on the foot to get it. It's only a small Stevie reference (I have a much more detailed one on my hip), but I'm planning on a small oleander flower, a small snap dragon, and a small lily (as in, go ahead), possibly with a line from one of my other favorite artist's songs interwoven through my little garden. If anyone else can suggest a good location, I'd be happy to hear it. I want something easily hidden (I want to go into law), but I'd like to shy away from typical "tramp stamp" locations.

:laugh:

All I can think of is your foot really, I suppose there's always the back of your neck but that would be hidden by your hair.

daniellaaarisen 09-29-2009 06:43 PM

Quote:

No "born to run". Evan will be creeped out.

daniellaaarisen 09-29-2009 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILoveFM (Post 844489)
I'm here to report that I DID get the Fleetwood Mac flower tattoo over a month ago. I don't have a computer right now so the pictures I have of my tattoo are on my facebook. If I'm ever at a computer long enough I will post a picture of it here!

So after getting that done, I want a few more. It hurt worse than I imagined but that isn't going to keep me from getting more haha.

I just did some Facebook stalking and I must say that I LOVE it!

LikeAWillow 09-29-2009 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen (Post 844503)
No "born to run". Evan will be creeped out.

I'll just have to never wear sandals around him. Ever. I love when your comments make me literally laugh out loud. If I ever get the chance, I'll probably have to turn him down for you.

And Lucy...hmm...back of the neck is a definite consideration...except if I ever want to go a power attorney cut...which God knows I won't.

addiejean 09-29-2009 07:00 PM

Quote:

The foot can be tough to hide, wearing pumps with skirts and stuff... Aside from the one on my back, its the hardest to hide...

I'm in law school, and I have the one on my wrist. At work: I wear a big watch or bangle almost everyday, and long sleeves in the winter.

LikeAWillow 09-29-2009 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by addiejean (Post 844509)
At work: I wear a big watch or bangle almost everyday, and long sleeves in the winter.

Is this tedious to the point that you regret the tat, or was it still worth it? That actually sounds pretty manageable to me.

Sidenote- Where are you in law school? :) I'm looking pretty heavily at UCLA and start my LSAT prep course next semester *ack*.

addiejean 09-29-2009 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LikeAWillow (Post 844510)
Is this tedious to the point that you regret the tat, or was it still worth it? That actually sounds pretty manageable to me.

Sidenote- Where are you in law school? :) I'm looking pretty heavily at UCLA and start my LSAT prep course next semester *ack*.

Noooo. I would wear a watch to work anyways, and its never been something I considered tedious. I would say as long as you didnt get something obnoxiously large, you wouldnt regret it... Plus, one of my bosses has sleeves and he is remarkably successful so I dont think its a deal breaker...

The Washington College of Law in Wash, D.C. Its part of American University... Im more interested in government law and public policy, so it was a fit... Good luck on everything! Take it seriously! It will be one of the biggest desicions of your life :) I love UCLA, I looked there and Pepperdine. It would be nice to go to school in such gorgeous weather... I'm from the west coast so it was tough.

ILoveFM 09-29-2009 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen (Post 844504)
I just did some Facebook stalking and I must say that I LOVE it!

Aww thanks! You are too sweet :)

FMlex 09-29-2009 07:54 PM

Ahhh this thread is making me so happy! And anxious to get a tattoo!

I still want "dreams unwind, love's a state of mind" on the inside of my wrist, but since I'm not living in the real world yet, I don't want any issues in my future job interviews.
I'm also considering "dream on, silly dreamer..." and "lightning strikes maybe once, maybe twice" and "don't blame it on me, blame it on my wild heart" and...

Okay guys, let's face it! There's too many Stevie lyrics I wanna put on my body :(
Hahaha

I just don't want to pick one that I'm going to look back on in ___ years and be like, "Wow. That sounds pretty emo/depressing. What was my nineteen-year-old mind thinking?" You know what I'm saying?

Hmmm...