The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Lindsey is Suing Fleetwood Mac! (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58195)

Kyle 10-11-2018 03:42 PM

According to the Rolling Stone article, FM haven't been served with the lawsuit yet. The press knew about the lawsuit before anyone from FM. Seems odd. Seems to be odd timing.

Angel75 10-11-2018 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StevieandChris (Post 1239912)
I don’t think asking for the delay is irrelevant at all given his past history with tours. So the delay becomes a factor in whatever else Stevie was pissed about. That is my point. They did not completely make it up.

I had not for one said he never brought up the tour delay point, but SN saying that he wanted to delay until Nov 2019 was always far fetched and difficult to believe.

And what you are also saying is that even though he 'asked' for a delay but they all then as a group/band agreed on dates and contractually agreed to tour 60 dates, SN then, because he brought up the possibility of delays during tour planning, has a justified reason to fire him, even though she had also signed this tour contract?

DeepBlueDee 10-11-2018 03:50 PM

TMZ confirming and reporting it now too. :(
http://www.tmz.com/2018/10/11/fleetw...farewell-tour/

MaryLiz2 10-11-2018 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gldstwmn (Post 1239843)
You can look it up on the court website but it costs $ I almost wonder how much though because boy would that be a fun read. Maybe Radar Online will post the filing?

We'll start a Ledge GoFundMe and raise funds. Inquiring minds...

This band just can't quit the drama. I realize some people are really upset by what went down...but I just find it all hilarious. Fleetwood Mac can't help but keep on Fleetwood Mac-ing. :rolleyes:

Feather Blade 10-11-2018 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeepBlueDee (Post 1239924)
TMZ confirming and reporting it now too. :(
http://www.tmz.com/2018/10/11/fleetw...farewell-tour/

The other articles seemed to be avoiding an ugly dollar figure. This one states one and says as well as suing the band, he is suing each individual member. (not sure how that works legally for this sort of thing)

SteveMacD 10-11-2018 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feather Blade (Post 1239856)
Does anyone find it strange that the article claims to quote his actual e-mails to band members? How would they even get their hands on that? (unless someone either in Lindsey's household or some employee associated with however correspondence is handled at the band's end sold the information.

Court filings?

bombaysaffires 10-11-2018 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gldstwmn (Post 1239867)
If they don't settle then there will probably be depositions. I'm not sure if those can be sealed or not. If not and this thing goes to trial we will get all the gory details of Music Cares including whatever the hell he did to Karen and past history of bad behavior. :shocked: I'm wondering if this comes as a result of him rejecting an offered settlement or no offer of settlement at all. Oh man oh man, oh man I have so many questions right now.

wow, and you're just salivating imagining the details, which you hope will be bad for Lindsey. But everyone else needs to get a life. :thumbsup:

sue 10-11-2018 04:10 PM

Guess that cuts out 2020 get back together for final, final tour...

I wonder what took him so long, loss of earnings alone would be reason enough to sue.
Bet his wife stops tweeting, instagramming now.

Bandon 10-11-2018 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feather Blade (Post 1239844)
Sorry, I wasn't suggesting you were at fault, I just wondered if someone in the "media" ran with some misinformation.

No problem. Thank you!

sodascouts 10-11-2018 04:16 PM

Looks like this might interfere with Stevie's plan to have nothing but happy times and apartment dancing in her future.

bombaysaffires 10-11-2018 04:18 PM

the language of the court docs, if real, gives insight into their business dealings.

“On information and belied the other Partners, by wrongful excluding Buckingham, have sought to enrich themselves at Buckingham’s expense. Buckingham brings this lawsuit in order to assure his rights to the usurped Fleetwood Mac Partnership opportunity.”

Capital "P" Partners indicates they have legal agreements wherein certain parties are named as Partners with defined benefits assigned to being a Partner.

Fleetwood Mac Partnership, capitalized, would be the name of the agreement drafted by all the concerned Partners and their legal and management teams in which who gets what is clearly laid out and binding.

As others have noted, this is BIG business, and this is not just a group of friends traveling around having fun together. It's a corporation, and each of them unto themselves is a corporation of whatever size, with employees and benefits and such (for example, you can bet Karen gets a salary and health benefits and probably contributions to a retirement plan as part of her employment package with Welsh Witch Incorporated (or whatever Stevie's biz division is called). And not just Karen, but whoever else works full time for her.).

This could get beyond ugly.

It also raises the question of how the contracts with Neil and Mike are drafted. Are they Partners too? That would dilute income. Dirty, dirty laundry about to get washed.

FM77 10-11-2018 04:21 PM

This has already been settled. That’s why he wasn’t saying anything since Jan.

bombaysaffires 10-11-2018 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gldstwmn (Post 1239832)
Well well, well... who's about the money now? :lol: This also explains why no one is responding to his call and emails.

Really? He should let them violate a contract and screw him over? At this stage, it's as much about principle as it is money. But he's also hitting them where it matters to them all the most-- their wallets. I'm sure he figures, why should Stevie get my money? She of course is not worried about the money one bit. :rolleyes:

gldstwmn 10-11-2018 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FM77 (Post 1239938)

So he's talking now because there's no risk legally for him to do so? Are the stories being planted to promote his tour?

bombaysaffires 10-11-2018 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FM77 (Post 1239938)

that would make the most sense. :nod: