The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   The Just Thought I'd Share Thread (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=41544)

Enchanted_Stevi 05-22-2011 10:48 PM

JTIS...

That my mom and grandmother are back from California...safe and sound!!! THANK GOD! They had such a horrible trip! My mom went to visit her friend that shes been friends with for 25 years and i guess she turned out to be a drugged out alcoholic. All she did was YELL and fight with my mom and grandmother. Not to mention in her drunken stooper she tried to punch my mom in the face but got her arm instead cuz my mom blocked it. So she ended up with a HUGE bruise on her arm. Her "friend" also stole my moms phone charger and my mom ended up having to beg people to charge her phone in their car with her car charger(every person she asked said yes!). So after a week my mom and gram left to stay at a hotel. While my mom used her friends house phone to call a cab her friend unplugged the phone line!!!

Needless to say...my mom and grammy spent a few days at a hotel and such and paid extra to play home early. My mom brought her Fleetwood Mac baseball hat that she got when we saw them in 2009 and accidentially left it behind at her friends house. So my mom was wicked upset about that! So now I am like on a wicked intense search for that hat online and buy it to replace it....but I cant find it anywhere =( EDIT: Found the hat on the Live Nation website!!

Silver Springs 05-23-2011 04:27 AM

I just woke up to the sight of a full grown Cow grazing in the back garden. Think I might go back to bed and start again tomorrow if it's going to be one of those days....

holidayroad 05-23-2011 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enchanted_Stevi (Post 987710)
JTIS...

That my mom and grandmother are back from California...safe and sound!!! THANK GOD! They had such a horrible trip! My mom went to visit her friend that shes been friends with for 25 years and i guess she turned out to be a drugged out alcoholic. All she did was YELL and fight with my mom and grandmother. Not to mention in her drunken stooper she tried to punch my mom in the face but got her arm instead cuz my mom blocked it. So she ended up with a HUGE bruise on her arm. Her "friend" also stole my moms phone charger and my mom ended up having to beg people to charge her phone in their car with her car charger(every person she asked said yes!). So after a week my mom and gram left to stay at a hotel. While my mom used her friends house phone to call a cab her friend unplugged the phone line!!!

Needless to say...my mom and grammy spent a few days at a hotel and such and paid extra to play home early. My mom brought her Fleetwood Mac baseball hat that she got when we saw them in 2009 and accidentially left it behind at her friends house. So my mom was wicked upset about that! So now I am like on a wicked intense search for that hat online and buy it to replace it....but I cant find it anywhere =( EDIT: Found the hat on the Live Nation website!!

I'm glad that everyone made it through okay! What a shock that must have been to your mom and grandmother!! I hope her (ex?) friend finds the help she needs.

markolas 05-23-2011 06:34 PM

The seasonal job I've got has switched me to a weekday shift (from weekends) for the next couple of weeks, after which said job will end for the year. And let me just tell you, I am O-V-E-R it. Part of me wishes I hadn't agreed to move to weekdays and gone into furlough status instead, but a little extra $$$ is nice.

On the other hand, I'm sick of getting up at 4am and I'm sick of doing data entry for 8-10 hours a day. Bleh. I just keep telling myself, "It's only a couple of weeks."

*grooooaaaaan*

Enchanted_Stevi 05-23-2011 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holidayroad (Post 987774)
I'm glad that everyone made it through okay! What a shock that must have been to your mom and grandmother!! I hope her (ex?) friend finds the help she needs.

Me too!!!! I hope so too!!!

Enchanted_Stevi 05-23-2011 10:20 PM

JTIS....

That I went to a hair show yesterday and it was wicked cool! I bought a few things by Paul Brown because I wanted to see how it was and it seems wicked cool during their show. Turns out it works wicked good =P

ANYWAY so yesterday was the hair show that pretty much anyone could go to. Today was the $150 hands on class that only licensed cosmetologists could go to. So obviously students cant go....WELLL one of my teachers came up to me and a fellow classmate of mine and asked us if we wanted to go!!! Obviously we said yes, and we went with one other teacher. We just couldnt tell anyone that we were students and stuff like that. So I learned some new techniques and I got a certificate ffrom the class =D We learned an Assymetrical Haircut which came out wicked cute!

P.S. the show was put on by the Beauty Warehouse that my school owns. The owner of my school was at the show and the training...So I guess he suggested that we go to the hands on thing. Oh and it was free for us =P

skcin 05-25-2011 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by APerfectLie (Post 987168)
GRADUATION DAY! :blob2::]

Congratulations!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver Springs (Post 987275)
And we wonder why we're not "socially acceptable", lol! Nobody ever says "we're losing a black haired person" or what have you. But with ginger we're in a class of our own hehe.

It's because you're genetic freaks. Like lefties. Or Candians. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver Springs (Post 987751)
I just woke up to the sight of a full grown Cow grazing in the back garden. Think I might go back to bed and start again tomorrow if it's going to be one of those days....

Yeah, that never happens where I live. :lol:

Enchanted_Stevi 05-25-2011 09:38 PM

The before picture is the haircut we did at the hands on training and the after is what I did to it today in school =)

Before:
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._6869024_n.jpg

After:
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._4136723_n.jpg

HomerMcvie 05-27-2011 01:40 PM

Sorta gross JTIS.....

So, I've always had REALLY calloused heels on my feet. Like embarrassingly bad, if they rubbed your partner in bed. I've never had a pedicure, but my friend mentioned a Ped Egg. I'd never heard of one....

I went to Bed Bath and Beyond yesterday, and bought one. OMFG, the best thing ever! Completely painless, and chewed my heels down to smooth, callous free, sexy feet. I had tons of skin to empty out of the Ped Egg shell!:sorry: Best $10 I've ever spent in my life! I can probably get into two shoe sizes smaller now!:lol:

JTIS.

McTrouble 05-28-2011 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 989032)
Sorta gross JTIS.....

So, I've always had REALLY calloused heels on my feet. Like embarrassingly bad, if they rubbed your partner in bed. I've never had a pedicure, but my friend mentioned a Ped Egg. I'd never heard of one....

I went to Bed Bath and Beyond yesterday, and bought one. OMFG, the best thing ever! Completely painless, and chewed my heels down to smooth, callous free, sexy feet. I had tons of skin to empty out of the Ped Egg shell!:sorry: Best $10 I've ever spent in my life! I can probably get into two shoe sizes smaller now!:lol:

JTIS.

Good recommendation - as I wander around all day with bare feet, my heels need some TLC, I'll try a Ped Egg :thumbsup:

But has anyone ever tried the treatment where all the little fishes nibble away the dead skin?

I think I'd be too ticklish for that!

HomerMcvie 05-28-2011 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McTrouble (Post 989194)
Good recommendation - as I wander around all day with bare feet, my heels need some TLC, I'll try a Ped Egg :thumbsup:

But has anyone ever tried the treatment where all the little fishes nibble away the dead skin?

I think I'd be too ticklish for that!

Yeah, in the summer, if I'm home, I almost NEVER have shoes on. So my feet get tough as leather in the summer! Seriously, my rough, UGLY heels are GONE!:blob2::blob2::blob2:

Ped Egg is the BEST thing ever!!! And only $8, after the 20% off coupon, that BB&B mails out all the time! For anyone who wonders how it works, it's essentially a "kitchen grater" for your feet. Same thing, except it catches most of the skin that falls off.

I now don't have to make an effort that my heels don't make contact in bed!!!!:lol:

BTW, the clerk recommended doing it after bathing, when your skin is super soft, but the directions tell you to NOT do it then....

Heartboy 05-29-2011 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ButterCookie (Post 984572)
Haven't multiple bans from there taught you a lesson? Really.

Just a correction for you, I was banned ONCE from there from something that happened here.

thought I'd share! ;)

*Done with this subject*

Heartboy 05-29-2011 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by APerfectLie (Post 987168)
GRADUATION DAY! :blob2::]

Congrats! I hope it was a wonderful day for you!:)

:xoxo:

APerfectLie 05-29-2011 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heartboy (Post 989385)
Congrats! I hope it was a wonderful day for you!:)

:xoxo:

It was! Glad to see you back :)

fumidesigns 05-29-2011 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fumidesigns (Post 984323)
I'm really not a fan of snow!

Yeah so like I was saying.......

I hate the snow! I don't like any cold weather! I chill to the bone and when it's really cod, I cry.

*rollseyesextrahard*