The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   The Just Thought I'd Share Thread (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=41544)

Enchanted_Stevi 02-15-2011 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ButterCookie (Post 943001)
Just walked my Ewok in full Jedi costume. Walking with a lightsaber at your hip HURTS!

LOL that must have been quite the sight!!!

MissLadyLoki 02-15-2011 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ButterCookie (Post 943001)
Just walked my Ewok in full Jedi costume. Walking with a lightsaber at your hip HURTS!

How hard was it to get that Ewok off the moon of Endor? Did you have any Scout Troopers chasing you down on their speeders? And what color is your lightsaber blade?

LikeAWillow 02-15-2011 09:52 PM

The new Adele album is the best thing to happen to my musical collection but the worst thing to happen for my mental health in a very long time.

LikeAWillow 02-16-2011 02:31 AM

Argh insomnia.

daniellaaarisen 02-16-2011 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LikeAWillow (Post 943073)
The new Adele album is the best thing to happen to my musical collection but the worst thing to happen for my mental health in a very long time.

http://i52.tinypic.com/254zfcn.gif

"Don't You Remember" and "Rolling In The Deep". Seriously life?

"The scars of your love remind me of us, they keep me thinking that we could've had it all"?

EVERY lyric in "Don't You Remember"? I mean srsly.

Enchanted_Stevi 02-16-2011 06:27 PM

JTIS that I am officially certified to do Hair Extensions =D

LikeAWillow 02-16-2011 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen (Post 943232)
http://i52.tinypic.com/254zfcn.gif

"Don't You Remember" and "Rolling In The Deep". Seriously life?

"The scars of your love remind me of us, they keep me thinking that we could've had it all"?

EVERY lyric in "Don't You Remember"? I mean srsly.

I KNEW Don't You Remember would get you more than anything else on the album. My #relevant songs are Rolling in the Deep, One and Only, and Someone Like You.

daniellaaarisen 02-16-2011 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LikeAWillow (Post 943253)
I KNEW Don't You Remember would get you more than anything else on the album. My #relevant songs are Rolling in the Deep, One and Only, and Someone Like You.

Did you really just use a hashtag on the Ledge?

Nikolaj 02-16-2011 09:19 PM

I saw a tabloid during a quick pharmacy checkout today that had President Obama on the cover and had no time to open it- the bold caption under the bad photo of Obama stated that he is addicted to a 'cocaine like' prescription medication that he's using for extra energy that is aging him badly. He looks positively geriatric in the (altered?) photo.
I so hope it isn't the drug I think it may be- has anyone seen the article? I doubt that many a Ledgie reads the rags, but if anyone saw the story, please tell me the drug is not adderall.
I was just wondering today if it was making me age faster, now. This morning. I woke up today, and skipped taking my 2 doses yesterday and I thought 'I look way better than usual'. Mornings are scary!
The rag was 'The Examiner'- I don't buy tabloids-- since tmz.com, there's less reason than ever to pay $4 per rag for non-instant scandal! Is Obama on adderall? What's the cocaine-like prescription med, I wonder?

MissLadyLoki 02-16-2011 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikolaj (Post 943283)
I saw a tabloid during a quick pharmacy checkout today that had President Obama on the cover and had no time to open it- the bold caption under the bad photo of Obama stated that he is addicted to a 'cocaine like' prescription medication that he's using for extra energy that is aging him badly. He looks positively geriatric in the (altered?) photo.
I so hope it isn't the drug I think it may be- has anyone seen the article? I doubt that many a Ledgie reads the rags, but if anyone saw the story, please tell me the drug is not adderall.
- which by the way, is not cocaine like at all, it's a tad meth-like, if anything.
I was just wondering today if it was making me age faster, now. This morning. I woke up today, and skipped taking my 2 doses yesterday and I thought 'I look way better than usual'. Mornings are scary!
The rag was 'The Examiner'- I don't buy tabloids-- since tmz.com, there's less reason than ever to pay $4 per rag for non-instant scandal! Is Obama on adderall? What's the cocaine like prescription med, I wonder?

The rags like that aren't my thing either and of course, this is the tabloids messing with people again and making up stuff. I'm thinking some sort of steroid could be cociane-like, but don't bet on me.

In the meantime, what's adderall for? :shrug:

Nikolaj 02-16-2011 09:29 PM

^
ADD, officially.
and for those who need extra energy due to clinical depression. The stuff works. But speed is speed, and I think it is dragging my face through the ruins, at times.
Stop draggin my face around!

louielouie2000 02-16-2011 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen (Post 943260)
Did you really just use a hashtag on the Ledge?

I just had to google 'hashtag.' At first I thought it was a paraphernalia term :p. I adore being about a decade behind the rest of the world and staying permanently confused

HomerMcvie 02-16-2011 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louielouie2000 (Post 943288)
I just had to google 'hashtag.' At first I thought it was a paraphernalia term :p. I adore being about a decade behind the rest of the world and staying permanently confused

We really are so much alike. Most of the stuff you post here, could be written by me.
I had to Google it, too. I'd never heard the term before.

MissLadyLoki 02-17-2011 10:01 AM

Haven't got much to say today, but 6 weeks till opening day! (baseball that is) Parking rules will be changing, so please keep an eye out for this sign cause there will be trouble if you don't ;)

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...fansgohome.jpg

HejiraNYC 02-17-2011 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikolaj (Post 943287)
^
ADD, officially.
and for those who need extra energy due to clinical depression. The stuff works. But speed is speed, and I think it is dragging my face through the ruins, at times.
Stop draggin my face around!

First off, which publication had that sensational Obama headline? If it is anything other than The National Enquirer, I would not think anything of it. Say what you will about the NE, but they have an astounding track record of breaking real stories. They still get flack about their flakey reputation from thirty years ago, but these days I consider them to be a valid source of information. That being said, a "cocaine-like" substance could be basically any kind of central nervous system stimulant from caffeine to amphetamines (diet pills) to ADD drugs. As for aging quickly, I think you can look back at the last few presidents to see how the top job in the world takes its toll- Clinton, Dubya and Obama all aged dramatically within their first two years of office. If Obama needs to pop a caffeine pill here and there, so be it. There will be plenty of time to sleep if/when the Tea Party takes control in 2012 :eek:.