The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Mick Fleetwood Open to Reunion With Lindsey Buckingham - Rolling Stone (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59184)

UnwindedDreams 03-05-2021 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1265206)
“And both of us have been beautifully honest about who we are and how we got to where we were.”

Mick was frustrated by what happened during the tour negotiations, which by all accounts were absolutely brutal.

I'm curious what the issues would have been. The one issue I can think of would be Lindsey pushing back against the fact that Stevie controls when Fleetwood Mac is going to work because she is The Star.

Or could it be that Mick feels Stevie's tambo should be tapeless and LB wanted gorilla tape on the cymbals:laugh:

SteveMacD 03-05-2021 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1265243)
I'm curious what the issues would have been. The one issue I can think of would be Lindsey pushing back against the fact that Stevie controls when Fleetwood Mac is going to work because she is The Star.

Or could it be that Mick feels Stevie's tambo should be tapeless and LB wanted gorilla tape on the cymbals:laugh:

Not a clue, other than tour dates and setlists, and in the grand scheme of life, it really doesn’t matter.

Mick and Lindsey are on good terms, Christine and Lindsey are probably on good terms, I doubt John even cares, all of which is as good as we can expect with this lot. Neil and Mike are still in the band and Lindsey isn’t until they say otherwise.

It’s just a band. Go see it or don’t, but the incessant whining about what happened is pointless. Enjoy the music or don’t. They’re not going to be around forever and forgive the f**k out of us who got that equation and decided to see Christine and John McVie and Mick Fleetwood while they were still here.

Beats the alternative. Beats the Hell out of being home and resenting how things worked out.

UnwindedDreams 03-05-2021 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1265247)
Enjoy the music or donÂ’t.

I saw the 2018-19 tour 4 times, once for free as a guest. I had tickets for 2 of the shows before the tour started. I'll see Stevie wherever. I think I enjoyed 2 of the shows I went to. The first and the last one.

If the current lineup made an EP or a record, I'd respect it. I can't understand how they didn't play a new song on the 50th Anniversary Tour like other golden artists have done. They had from March of 2018 until October 2018 to get something done. It's a shame.

SteveMacD 03-05-2021 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1265248)
I saw the 2018-19 tour 4 times, once for free as a guest. I had tickets for 2 of the shows before the tour started. I'll see Stevie wherever. I think I enjoyed 2 of the shows I went to. The first and the last one.

If the current lineup made an EP or a record, I'd respect it. I can't understand how they didn't play a new song on the 50th Anniversary Tour like other golden artists have done. They had from March of 2018 until October 2018 to get something done. It's a shame.

They should have made an album and five of them would have gladly made one, just as four from the classic lineup did. It’s what happens when the biggest star is also the one with the least to offer. Neil Finn and Mike Campbell would have been in the studio just as quickly as Lindsey, given an opportunity.

UnwindedDreams 03-05-2021 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1265249)
They should have made an album and five of them would have gladly made one, just as four from the classic lineup did. It’s what happens when the biggest star is also the one with the least to offer. Neil Finn and Mike Campbell would have been in the studio just as quickly as Lindsey, given an opportunity.

^I guess it's as simple as that but I would've thought with Mike in the band she would've been the one pushing an album!

SteveMacD 03-05-2021 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1265250)
^I guess it's as simple as that but I would've thought with Mike in the band she would've been the one pushing an album!

I’m guessing Mick and Azoff thought that, too. Neil and Mike certainly thought so based on what they’ve said in interviews.

bwboy 03-05-2021 07:59 PM

Quote:

Since FM performed a lot of older songs on the tour, it would have been awesome if they had rerecorded Black Magic Woman, Man of the World, All Over Again, Hypnotized, I Got You, Oh Well, Storms, Don’t Dream It’s Over, and Tell Me All the Things You Do and released those songs as an album right before the tour. That would have been relatively easy to do and might have helped introduce those songs to newer or more casual fans, who seemed lost when FM performed them live.

UnwindedDreams 03-05-2021 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1265253)
Since FM performed a lot of older songs on the tour, it would have been awesome if they had rerecorded Black Magic Woman, Man of the World, All Over Again, Hypnotized, I Got You, Oh Well, Storms, Don’t Dream It’s Over, and Tell Me All the Things You Do and released those songs as an album right before the tour. That would have been relatively easy to do and might have helped introduce those songs to newer or more casual fans, who seemed lost when FM performed them live.

If you think they should've rerecorded I Got You and Don't Dream, I think they shouldve rerecorded Whole Lotta Trouble, Freedom, My Heart, I Don't Care, and I Will Run to You with Neil doing Tom's part!

BombaySapphire3 03-05-2021 08:09 PM

Quote:

I can't understand how they didn't play a new song on the 50th Anniversary Tour like other golden artists have done. They had from March of 2018 until October 2018 to get something done. It's a shame.

They were only interested in the monetary aspects of the tours since records no longer sell they could not be bothered. If they had wanted to they could have done something in that time. .Neil Finn can write a catchy pop tune in his sleep . Christine once could as well..not so sure now. If Stevie's recent effort Show Them The Way is an indication of where she is now then she is done .It is dreadful. She could have croaked along to something by Neil though.

UnwindedDreams 03-05-2021 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1265252)
I’m guessing Mick and Azoff thought that, too. Neil and Mike certainly thought so based on what they’ve said in interviews.

I really think Mac could've had a Top 5 debut with an album in 2018 or 2019. Probably would've dropped 80 places the 2nd week. But they could've been in Bruce caliber: artistry and commercial

UnwindedDreams 03-05-2021 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 (Post 1265255)
If Stevie's recent effort Show Them The Way is an indication of where she is now then she is done.

She said STTW is in her top list songs. I think that song's problem is the producer. Why he thought that needed to sound like a Calvin Harris or Zedd song:shrug:

jmn3 03-05-2021 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WatchChain (Post 1265235)
OK! It's official - I LOVE YOU!! :laugh:

You are my spirit animal! Laughing my *** off!!!!!!!!

I aim to please! Stevie’s ridiculous behavior just allows that stuff to write itself!

UnwindedDreams 03-07-2021 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 (Post 1265127)
A friend of mine down in El Lay who knows some people in the industry just told me that Nicks is going to tour New Zealand with Neil because there is no covid there. I have no idea if there is any truth to it .It would not surprise me if she recruited Neil and greedy old Mick for her solo band .I believe that will happen before a Rumours five farewell tour. I just can't see that at this point. She truly hates Lindsey bitter old harridan that she is .

Hi Bombay, fyi, somebody on Twitter may've taken your post to Twitter and done some revision... unless this is you! :thumbsup:
https://twitter.com/benrdavisuk/stat...91719885172737

SteveMacD 03-07-2021 07:00 PM

“What great misinformation if it's not true, but if it is true what a treat for frenz in NZ, Crowded House with special guest Stevie Nicks”

:laugh:

Not if he wants to stay in Fleetwood Mac.

BombaySapphire3 03-07-2021 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1265263)
Hi Bombay, fyi, somebody on Twitter may've taken your post to Twitter and done some revision... unless this is you! :thumbsup:
https://twitter.com/benrdavisuk/stat...91719885172737

Nah that kid looks young enough to be my grandson. It seems like he did cut and paste part of my post though. I guess I should be flattered.:laugh:

John Run 03-07-2021 09:23 PM

A tour of New Zealand is literally 4 cities that could support a major production - Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch, and Dunedin. It would make no economic sense unless you can do Australia as well.

Also, I really don't think staying in Fleetwood Mac is a major going concern for Neil. He got a good payday and acquitted himself as well as could be expected given the circumstances. Fleetwood Mac is never going to make new music with him as a frontman and likely no future touring. See ya Mick, thanks for giving me a great year!

BombaySapphire3 03-07-2021 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Run (Post 1265266)
A tour of New Zealand is literally 4 cities that could support a major production - Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch, and Dunedin. It would make no economic sense unless you can do Australia as well!

yeah i thought it was odd too as I know that New Zealand has roughly the population of Kentucky so unless they just wanted to perform live for the sake of it:shrug: Anyway the source of the information is a guitar luthier in L.A. who is also apparently the son of the late and great Elizabeth Montgomery so who knows:shrug:

HomerMcvie 03-07-2021 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 (Post 1265268)
Anyway the source of the information is a guitar luthier in L.A. who is also apparently the son of the late and great Elizabeth Montgomery so who knows:shrug:

Did I miss something?

Of whom are you speaking?

Rick Turner? His mom rode a broom?

BombaySapphire3 03-07-2021 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1265269)
Did I miss something?

Of whom are you speaking?

Rick Turner? His mom rode a broom?

Bill Asher is the name ..it was second hand news as they say but who knows I think that they like goats in New Zealand or maybe it was sheep:shrug:

SteveMacD 03-07-2021 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Run (Post 1265266)
A tour of New Zealand is literally 4 cities that could support a major production - Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch, and Dunedin. It would make no economic sense unless you can do Australia as well.

OTOH, they only played five European dates in 2019, which is the same number of shows they played in New Zealand (four in Auckland and one Dunedin). So, maybe it makes complete financial sense.

HomerMcvie 03-08-2021 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 (Post 1265270)
Bill Asher is the name ..it was second hand news as they say but who knows I think that they like goats in New Zealand or maybe it was sheep:shrug:

Okay. I remember that William Asher was the producer(and her husband). I didn't know their son was a luthier.
She was so much cooler than Jeannie!

John Run 03-08-2021 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1265272)
OTOH, they only played five European dates in 2019, which is the same number of shows they played in New Zealand (four in Auckland and one Dunedin). So, maybe it makes complete financial sense.

Europe from the US is a lot cheaper endeavor than NZ and they had the large stadium shows in Europe as well, but indeed it was an odd choice to play so few.
From Europe everything gets routed to Australia where over a dozen dates can be played. That is how each of the last two FM tours have justified NZ. As a stand-alone tour, I don't see the New Zealand whisper having much validity.

But hey, they can do what they want, a NZ tour has zero impact on me.

UnwindedDreams 03-08-2021 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Run (Post 1265274)
Europe from the US is a lot cheaper endeavor than NZ and they had the large stadium shows in Europe as well, but indeed it was an odd choice to play so few.
From Europe everything gets routed to Australia where over a dozen dates can be played. That is how each of the last two FM tours have justified NZ. As a stand-alone tour, I don't see the New Zealand whisper having much validity.

I think Crowded House is doing a NZ tour now. I believe Neil and his kids live in California.

I think Stevie did an 06 tour of NZ with John Farnham and maybe a few shows in NZ with Dave.

Also for Mac in Europe 2019, Werchter and PinkPop festivals probably made the small 6 date tour all worth it, in addition to the Wembley gigs.

What's a shame is that they didn't make the setlist special for the Wembley shows. So lazy

SteveMacD 03-08-2021 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1265277)
I think Crowded House is doing a NZ tour now. I believe Neil and his kids live in California.

I think they have homes in both.

SteveMacD 03-08-2021 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Run (Post 1265274)

Hypothetically, if they get a $150,000 guarantee for a show (which seems low for Stevie Nicks and Crowded House in New Zealand), can do ten shows (four in Auckland, two everywhere else), and it costs $50,000 for a round trip (random high number), they’d still make more than enough to justify it. Stevie wouldn’t be bringing her crew, and the musicians would probably use backline equipment, save for guitars and a snare/random percussion.

UnwindedDreams 03-08-2021 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1265280)
Hypothetically, if they get a $150,000 guarantee for a show (which seems low for Stevie Nicks and Crowded House in New Zealand), can do ten shows (four in Auckland, two everywhere else), and it costs $50,000 for a round trip (random high number), they’d still make more than enough to justify it. Stevie wouldn’t be bringing her crew, and the musicians would probably use backline equipment, save for guitars and a snare/random percussion.

I could see Stevie going on stage before CH. She basically said Don't Dream was the greatest song written every night on the 2018 Tour. She opened for Rod, Tom, Aerosmith, and was going to open for Tame Impala in 2020.

Do Nick and Mitch live in the US? I wonder if they've all been in NZ for 2021 so far.

SteveMacD 03-08-2021 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1265281)
I could see Stevie going on stage before CH. She basically said Don't Dream was the greatest song written every night on the 2018 Tour. She opened for Rod, Tom, Aerosmith, and was going to open for Tame Impala in 2020.

Do Nick and Mitch live in the US? I wonder if they've all been in NZ for 2021 so far.

Mitchell lives in LA, but I think Nick lives in NZ.

UnwindedDreams 03-08-2021 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1265282)
Mitchell lives in LA, but I think Nick lives in NZ.

Yea. I think if you're a big draw concert artist like Mac, Eagles, or Harry Styles, you can make a NZ Tour worth the trip. Platinum and VIP! Distanced M&G with Mick

John Run 03-08-2021 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1265284)
Yea. I think if you're a big draw concert artist like Mac, Eagles, or Harry Styles, you can make a NZ Tour worth the trip. Platinum and VIP! Distanced M&G with Mick

Sorry, I totally disagree, and it's why you see limited acts, even well established acts, tour New Zealand, and they certainly don't tour without having Australia dates to add to the tour leg.

My opinion here is more than just speculation and it has a level of informed experience when it comes to the costs of doing business in NZ and AU from
a US base.

Also, the number quoted above as a $50,000 cost per show is not even close for two headlining acts such as Stevie Nicks and Crowded House to play arena sized venues. Especially with the front loaded costs that come with bringing arena level production values, along with said headliners' entourages to an island nation where costs are exponentially higher than US domestic production costs. Those front end expenses must get amortized across a limited number of shows and it further drives an unhealthy expense vs revenue ratio.

Look, they could go play a New Zealand only tour in a dual billed show, but it won't be for a any sort of big pay day.

UnwindedDreams 03-08-2021 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Run (Post 1265285)
Sorry, I totally disagree, and it's why you see limited acts, even well established acts, tour New Zealand, and they certainly don't tour without having Australia dates to add to the tour leg.

My opinion here is more than just speculation and it has a level of informed experience when it comes to the costs of doing business in NZ and AU from
a US base.

Also, the number quoted above as a $50,000 cost per show is not even close for two headlining acts such as Stevie Nicks and Crowded House to play arena sized venues. Especially with the front loaded costs that come with bringing arena level production values, along with said headliners' entourages to an island nation where costs are exponentially higher than US domestic production costs. Those front end expenses must get amortized across a limited number of shows and it further drives an unhealthy expense vs revenue ratio.

Look, they could go play a New Zealand only tour in a dual billed show, but it won't be for a any sort of big pay day.

I respect your response and intelligence; very impressive! Thank you.
So then Crowded House is making the current tour work because they didn't have to transport anything other than the musicians and perhaps staffers?

SteveMacD 03-08-2021 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Run (Post 1265285)

My opinion here is more than just speculation and it has a level of informed experience when it comes to the costs of doing business in NZ and AU from a US base.

Especially with the front loaded costs that come with bringing arena level production values, along with said headliners' entourages to an island nation where costs are exponentially higher than US domestic production costs. Those front end expenses must get amortized across a limited number of shows and it further drives an unhealthy expense vs revenue ratio.

Not to state the obvious, but Crowded House is from New Zealand. This isn’t a global tour with a production team that is traveling all over the world with their own equipment, it’s a New Zealand tour put together with a New Zealand-based production team, staff, and crew. I believe that‘s the whole point of Stevie touring New Zealand with one of New Zealand’s top acts.

All Stevie would be bringing is musicians, assistants, a tour manager, guitars, and a few pieces of percussion. The backline (amps, keyboards, drums, etc), audio engineering, AV rig, and crew would be based in New Zealand.

Quote:

Also, the number quoted above as a $50,000 cost per show is not even close for two headlining acts such as Stevie Nicks and Crowded House to play arena sized venues.
The $50,000 was the cost for the people not already in New Zealand to get to New Zealand. The show guarantee I threw out, $150,000 per show, isn’t that out there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1265286)
So then Crowded House is making the current tour work because they didn't have to transport anything other than the musicians and perhaps staffers?

Which is the whole point of Stevie taking her band there. Neil’s team would be setting everything up locally.

John Run 03-08-2021 09:20 PM

Hopkins - As the smartest person in the room, you are of course always right. I humbly defer to your omnipotence on this topic and all others.

SteveMacD 03-08-2021 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Run (Post 1265288)
Hopkins - As the smartest person in the room, you are of course always right. I humbly defer to your omnipotence on this topic and all others.

Is that more than just speculation and based on a level of informed experience?

HomerMcvie 03-08-2021 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1265280)

I seriously doubt if $tevie Nicks would wipe her own ass for 150k. If $he can still reach it...:D

SteveMacD 03-08-2021 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1265291)
I seriously doubt if $tevie Nicks would wipe her own ass for 150k. If $he can still reach it...:D

To be fair, I did say it seemed low.

I agree that it’s probably way more, but even for that, it would be worth it to her, especially after over a year and a half of not performing.

justcrazylove 03-08-2021 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Run (Post 1265288)

:xoxo::xoxo::xoxo:

Jondalar 03-09-2021 10:06 AM

I don't want Lindsey to go back. Mick and Stevie make me sick. The thought of him going to back to those no-talent hacks is terrible.

HomerMcvie 03-09-2021 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1265301)
I don't want Lindsey to go back. Mick and Stevie make me sick. The thought of him going to back to those no-talent hacks is terrible.

I agree 100%. Mick let $tevie RUIN the band. It's over. If they ever hold hands and kiss again on stage, I hope lightning strikes them both.

The Chain 03-09-2021 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1265303)
If they ever hold hands and kiss again on stage, I hope lightning strikes them both.

maybe once, maybe twice..

HomerMcvie 03-09-2021 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Chain (Post 1265304)
maybe once, maybe twice..

Twice to make certain the job is done properly. :woohoo: