The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Lindsey discusses his firing (Rolling Stone) (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58183)

secondhandchain 10-10-2018 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1239482)
I hope she regrets her childish actions for the rest of her bitter little life.

Her RARHOF speech should be a DOOZY. "tom petty was my life and he started my career back in the velvet underground" She makes me want to hurl.

StevieandChris 10-10-2018 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1239498)
Doesn't matter what the chiffonheads say, she will FOREVER be known at the old hag who busted up the Rumours five.

By some people. :wavey:

StevieandChris 10-10-2018 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel75 (Post 1239484)
Just so I am clear, you hand on your heart think what he did at Musicares meant he should be fired from the band?
Not talking about anything from previous years, you genuinely think it was reasonable?

You cannot separate it from the previous years though. That’s the point. It has been BUILDING. This was not a one-off.

So yes, his firing was justified.

And like I have said many times before, if they had fired Stevie in 1987 when she was a complete mess, or after she did not want to record, her firing would have been justified too. But that didn’t happen.

Years later, this did.

secondhandchain 10-10-2018 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StevieandChris (Post 1239506)
You cannot separate it from the previous years though. That’s the point. It has been BUILDING. This was not a one-off.

So yes, his firing was justified.

And like I have said many times before, if they had fired Stevie in 1987 when she was a complete mess, or after she did not want to record, her firing would have been justified too. But that didn’t happen.

Years later, this did.

Your username says all we need to know about your views on this. You obviously hate LB. I on the other hand ADORED SN (since 1977) and the rest of the band until two years ago when she started acting like a total D bag. There I said it.

krrrby 10-10-2018 06:06 PM

So there we have it - we have heard the one half of the real story. I think we all knew the reasons for the departure from the Mac crew were a cover up. We should all know better, being fans and following their story over the years that something wasn't added up.

We do know that Lindsey does have an element of jealousy and bitterness to some degree that comes out when the cameras are not rolling. I have a hard time believing that a smirk from LB set Stevie off to no end. I think there is an issue with respect between the two, and for Stevie, how he treats her.

I'm not going to call anything on either side because I still feel like we still do not know the whole story other than from LB's perspective, and I think it should be left as that.

If Christine, John, and Mick are standing by Stevie I think there is a reason other than the infamous cash grab excuse that everyone on here claims. They all have millions and can retire happily. Something must have happened at Musicares that was a big thing. I feel like the whole story isn't sold yet. Now we wait to see if Stevie will respond to it.

StevieandChris 10-10-2018 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1239509)
Your username says all we need to know about your views on this. You obviously hate LB. I on the other hand ADORED SN (since 1977) and the rest of the band until two years ago when she started acting like a total D bag. There I said it.

Good for you! I am sure you will get a gold star.

mitzo 10-10-2018 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alison (Post 1239405)
I think there is more to the story than what Lindsey is saying. Always two sides to everything, it takes two to break a relationship. I'm not defending anyone here. But lots of details seem to be missing.
I can only think things between Stevie and Lindsey have never been that good. They both know how to push buttons. Lindsey comes across as an overbearing perfectionist that has to be right. Stevie who lives in a bubble is at times oversensitive and reactive.
They seem to feed off of each other at times. I bet Lindsey can be at least emotionally abusive, knows what will stir her up.
So after many years of this, I think Stevie had enough, whatever happened at music cares may have been the tipping point of years and years of tension.
Maybe in her old age, she simply didn't want to deal with all the negative emotions and fighting anymore. I can understand how she may have come to this conclusion.

I agree fully, and am not at all surprised this happened. The fact that Christine did nothing to intervene in this tells me she empathized with Stevie and not Lindsey.

Angel75 10-10-2018 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1239496)
Lindsey left in 1987 because he had reached his limit and sadly, he left in 2018 because Stevie reached her limit.

Not to be TOO nitpicky....but Lindsey did not leave, he was FIRED...not his CHOICE

Frankenstein 10-10-2018 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitzo (Post 1239516)
I agree fully, and am not at all surprised this happened. The fact that Christine did nothing to intervene in this tells me she empathized with Stevie and not Lindsey.

I think it’s more likely that Christine doesn’t want to be in the middle of their drama nor go against Mick.

lovethemac1 10-10-2018 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buster (Post 1239386)
I’m no Stevie apologist and I hate what has gone down. I’m also unclear why there is an immediate assumption that what Lindsey said is the whole story.

I think because the rest of the band (Stevie) have been caught in too many lies and haven't come out with anything else.

ryan4136 10-10-2018 06:26 PM

What I take out of all this is that Mick basically hasn’t been lying in his quotes. Take them at face value now that we can confirm what went on. ‘The band was at an impasse’. Sure was. His hands were tied, they all were.

jbrownsjr 10-10-2018 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamsunwind (Post 1239469)
The fact that she randomly said "I'm not the boss" "I want to be super happy" on that CBS interview was so telling. It was so awkward and wasn't remotely related to what they were supposed to be talking about.

Reporter: That's a nice black dress you're wearing.
$tevie: I'm not the boss!!! hahahaha I want to be happy!! Where's my pills?

jkmaletic 10-10-2018 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sodascouts (Post 1239373)
It's even worse than what I speculated, because I at least thought there was a real fight.... not "he smirked at me."

I am beyond disgusted with Stevie.

I am never seeing Fleetwood Mac again.

I guess you missed the "Azoff had a LIST of things" part of the article? Pretty sure it's beyond a smirk.

Jamie

jkmaletic 10-10-2018 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1239526)
Reporter: That's a nice black dress you're wearing.
$tevie: I'm not the boss!!! hahahaha I want to be happy!! Where's my pills?

Shouldn't joke about pills. C'mon man.

ryan4136 10-10-2018 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krrrby (Post 1239511)

If Christine, John, and Mick are standing by Stevie I think there is a reason other than the infamous cash grab excuse that everyone on here claims. They all have millions and can retire happily. Something must have happened at Musicares that was a big thing. I feel like the whole story isn't sold yet. Now we wait to see if Stevie will respond to it.

Mick charges $600 for a scarf and a photo opp. Afraid it is all about the cash.

Another way to ask the question is not ‘why would they be ok with the fitibg’ Should be asking ‘why would they want to tour without LB, given his impact in the band and the risk of a tour without him?’ The answer isn’t creative, or boredom, it’s cash

jbrownsjr 10-10-2018 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkmaletic (Post 1239528)
Shouldn't joke about pills. C'mon man.

Yes, how weird to joke about drugs and Fleetwood Mac.
... but hey Jamie, at least it gives you a reason to troll again. :thumbsup:

Steviegirl 10-10-2018 06:37 PM

After Lindsey's impact on all these people's lives, he can't even get a response to an email. Despicable. I also think that part of this is the result of Stevie trying to give MC the hookup and get one step closer to Heartbreaker status by any means necessary. Waddy better watch out. This continues to break my heart. At least now, I know, categorically, that I will NEVER see FM live again. Now I understand why Kristen was so furious. Lord, this is sleazy and gross.

jbrownsjr 10-10-2018 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steviegirl (Post 1239534)
After Lindsey's impact on all these people's lives, he can't even get a response to an email. Despicable. I also think that part of this is the result of Stevie trying to give MC the hookup and get one step closer to Heartbreaker status by any means necessary. Waddy better watch out. This continues to break my heart. At least now, I know, categorically, that I will NEVER see FM live again. Now I understand why Kristen was so furious. Lord, this is sleazy and gross.

The email thing really gave me cold chills, too. It's disgusting.

jkmaletic 10-10-2018 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1239533)

How, exactly, am I trolling? Explain please.

jkmaletic 10-10-2018 06:41 PM

I guess I don't know the definition of trolling. Commenting is trolling?? Hmm....Ok, I guess. :shrug:

jbrownsjr 10-10-2018 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkmaletic (Post 1239536)
How, exactly, am I trolling? Explain please.

Sigh.. really?
So you came in here to offer your own opinion? And not just police TL for posts about $tevie....... or telling someone that can't joke or they can't do this or they can't do that? Jamie, really?

I've seen the same behavior of you on twitter and people calling you out. Out of alllll the things we are talking about. You chose to comment about a drug/Fleetwood Mac spoof?? I'm done explaining it to you.

Angel75 10-10-2018 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1239535)
The email thing really gave me cold chills, too. It's disgusting.

Absolutely....cmon Mick how hard is it to write a few sentences back to your band colleague at least out of respect for all he has done to support you these past 40years, its not like you have to see or speak with him directly...its not a big ask (even if legally you felt you shouldnt or your Mgmt advised you not to)

jkmaletic 10-10-2018 06:46 PM

Wait...I looked it up:
Trolling:

"To make a deliberately offensive or provocative online post with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them."

Kiiiinda sounds like you with your pills joke. I was "upset" with your pills joke because I had a close family member die because of addiction to them.

jbrownsjr 10-10-2018 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel75 (Post 1239541)
Absolutely....cmon Mick how hard is it to write a few sentences back to your band colleague at least out of respect for all he has done to support you these past 40years, its not like you have to see or speak with him directly...its not a big ask (even if legally you felt you shouldnt or your Mgmt advised you not to)

It's really so inhumane. And I can only imagine how badly he felt that his life was turned upside down. And then the silence. They couldn't even tell him. No guts. He didn't even know he was fired.... That's just wrong.

ryan4136 10-10-2018 06:48 PM

Phone calls, emails?

It’s 2018 guys. Just shoot a text. 😜

jbrownsjr 10-10-2018 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkmaletic (Post 1239542)
Wait...I looked it up:
Trolling:

"To make a deliberately offensive or provocative online post with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them."

Kiiiinda sounds like you with your pills joke. I was "upset" with your pills joke because I had a close family member die because of addiction to them.

Ok.. first sorry about your family member. I too had someone die in my family. If jokes about drugs and FMac upset you, maybe you should troll somewhere else. I'm done with this conversation as again... it has nothing to do with the thread.

jbrownsjr 10-10-2018 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan4136 (Post 1239544)
Phone calls, emails?

It’s 2018 guys. Just shoot a text. 😜

How about a singing telegram from a person dressed up as a goat? :laugh:

jkmaletic 10-10-2018 06:52 PM

Azoff's list of things aside, I think Stevie and Mick SHOULD have returned his calls or emails. They owe him that, just on a personal history level.

Jamie

bwboy 10-10-2018 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan4136 (Post 1239531)
Mick charges $600 for a scarf and a photo opp. Afraid it is all about the cash.

Another way to ask the question is not ‘why would they be ok with the fitibg’ Should be asking ‘why would they want to tour without LB, given his impact in the band and the risk of a tour without him?’ The answer isn’t creative, or boredom, it’s cash

I'm not saying it's not about the cash... just that that's not the sole reason for this tour. Every single member LOVES to tour. And several concert reviews have pointed out the set list is a surprise, which could be considered creative.

I totally agree that $600 is insane for a meet and greet that doesn't include a ticket. Heck, it's insane even WITH a ticket! But somebody must be buying them.

jkmaletic 10-10-2018 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1239546)
How about a singing telegram from a person dressed up as a goat? :laugh:

I believe this is troll material. I'm so happy I learned a new word! :laugh:

jbrownsjr 10-10-2018 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkmaletic (Post 1239549)
I believe this is troll material. I'm so happy I learned a new word! :laugh:

You win!! :xoxo:

jkmaletic 10-10-2018 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1239550)
You win!! :xoxo:

High five, dude!:wavey:

jbrownsjr 10-10-2018 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkmaletic (Post 1239553)
High five, dude!:wavey:

let' do the lesbian/gay guy hi five!

StreetAngel86 10-10-2018 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sodascouts (Post 1239373)
It's even worse than what I speculated, because I at least thought there was a real fight.... not "he smirked at me."

I am beyond disgusted with Stevie.

I am never seeing Fleetwood Mac again.

Chris and Mick were WALTZING
why weren't they fired
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh

jbrownsjr 10-10-2018 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 (Post 1239555)
Chris and Mick were WALTZING
why weren't they fired
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh

I mean Christine had a whistle. 2014/2015

ImpossibleHoney 10-10-2018 07:11 PM

Read this article and just had one takeaway.....dammit Stevie!

I am a Stevie Nicks fan. I am a Fleetwood Mac fan. I am 39 and have been for as long as I can remember because my mamma was. There are pictures of me in a Wild Heart Tour t-shirt at 8 years old, proudly carrying around my kiddie tambourine. My very first concert was the Rock A Little tour and while I dont remember it very well outside of it just being very, very loud but I have been in awe ever since.

I have been a Stevie apologist. I have been a down in the grit Stevie defender. I have been a proud "chiffon head". And today, honestly, I am in shock.

I agree that there are two sides to this story and I REALLY want Stevie to step forward and honestly say what she needs to. What in the Hell brought you to THIS? For good or ill, y'all have been down this road since y'all were practically kids and you threw down an ultimatum FOR WHAT? Him pitching a fit because of Rhiannon? What was this "outburst"?

As much as it pains me to say, I am just disappointed. I just dont know...

BigAl84 10-10-2018 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1239556)
I mean Christine had a whistle. 2014/2015

Yes she did AND she blew it on Stevie mid gypsy story and you know what her response was? "I will NOT be stopped" Stevie for a split second tried to laugh, but it was a dig that she let go because it was Christine. Still, she had to make sure she said "I will NOT be stopped"

And she's right, she won't be stopped because she's not playing with a full deck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLICarKl-1w

sleepless child 10-10-2018 07:28 PM

My mouth dropped open while I was reading the Rolling Stone article. How the hell does Stevie know that Lindsey smirked? Her back was too him. I guess her people tattled to Stevie? Lord, how old are these people?

I have been a Stevie fan since 1975. I can't believe that she did this. I feel betrayed. Why did I invest all those years to her? I feel bad for Lindsey, hell he thought Stevie was leaving. He didn't even realize he was fired.

I'm very upset with John and Christine for not backing Lindsey up. It just shows it's all about the money and keeping the big machine rolling along.

So sad. My band and my Stevie have really disappointed me so much.

I Carol, Ken and Micks books, and yes, Lindsey could be an ass. But I found his interview to be very open. He admits he was upset about the Rhiannon intro. He is honest about it. And there was no reason to fire him. Go to therapy!! work it out. Stevie has a lot of explaining to do. But we'll never get the truth from her. I'm glad now I didn't get tickets for the tour.

secondhandchain 10-10-2018 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImpossibleHoney (Post 1239558)
Read this article and just had one takeaway.....dammit Stevie!

I am a Stevie Nicks fan. I am a Fleetwood Mac fan. I am 39 and have been for as long as I can remember because my mamma was. There are pictures of me in a Wild Heart Tour t-shirt at 8 years old, proudly carrying around my kiddie tambourine. My very first concert was the Rock A Little tour and while I dont remember it very well outside of it just being very, very loud but I have been in awe ever since.

I have been a Stevie apologist. I have been a down in the grit Stevie defender. I have been a proud "chiffon head". And today, honestly, I am in shock.

I agree that there are two sides to this story and I REALLY want Stevie to step forward and honestly say what she needs to. What in the Hell brought you to THIS? For good or ill, y'all have been down this road since y'all were practically kids and you threw down an ultimatum FOR WHAT? Him pitching a fit because of Rhiannon? What was this "outburst"?

As much as it pains me to say, I am just disappointed. I just dont know...

Thank you for your honesty. People think I am just a long time Stevie hater troll. Nothing could be further from the truth. This woman has disapointed me so many times the last few years.

HomerMcvie 10-10-2018 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1239533)

Have I ever told you that I love you?