The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Stevie returns to American Horror Story (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58033)

Frankenstein 09-19-2018 11:04 PM

Gold Dust Woman was used, quite effectively, in a scene on AHS tonight. Sometimes I forget how eerie and creepy that song is.

Hawkeye 09-20-2018 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankenstein (Post 1237173)
Gold Dust Woman was used, quite effectively, in a scene on AHS tonight. Sometimes I forget how eerie and creepy that song is.

Agreed! That was the best tie in with one of her songs in any show or movie ever possibly. South Parks use of Landslide and AHS season 3 using EO17.

Also, unless her appearance on the show is in a flashback, it’s looking like Stevie Nicks is gonna end up in the small handful of survivors out of 7 billion people on the planet.

That alone makes this is a real “horror story” for many on this board:laugh:

AnthonyMI 09-20-2018 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkeye (Post 1237197)
Agreed! That was the best tie in with one of her songs in any show or movie ever possibly. South Parks use of Landslide and AHS season 3 using EO17.

Also, unless her appearance on the show is in a flashback, it’s looking like Stevie Nicks is gonna end up in the small handful of survivors out of 7 billion people on the planet.

That alone makes this is a real “horror story” for many on this board:laugh:

I can see it now... her and the rest of Fleetwood Mac are waiting for a ride out of LA to saftey from the impending danger...

“Sorry, we only have room for one of you”

Stevie kicks the rest of the band in the Shins and leaps forward to claim her spot

As the boat/train/bus/limo/horse pulls away from burning LA the camera zooms in on Lindsey’s smoldering body. In death as in life.

TheWildHeart67 09-20-2018 03:21 PM

Quote:

The musical "surprise" is probably her croaking out a very old song in her alarming new voice.
Quote:

can see it now... her and the rest of Fleetwood Mac are waiting for a ride out of LA to saftey from the impending danger...

Stevie kicks the rest of the band in the Shins and leaps forward to claim her spot
As the boat/train/bus/limo/horse pulls away from burning LA the camera zooms in on Lindsey’s smoldering body. In death as in life.
Seriously? Don't we have enough of the hatred and negative stuff in almost every new post in the "Rumours" section of these boards?
Do you guys really have to come onto this board and make it a hate-board too?
Is it really the end of your world that Fleetwood Mac is no longer the classic line-up, and that Stevie "might" have caused the ousting of Lindsey? Nobody knows what he might have said or done.
I get it. Fleetwood Mac is no longer the band I love.
They sounded terrible on Ellen. Awful.
I personally think they should have simply disbanded now that Lindsey was forced out. It sucks big-time. I won't support or attend this tour.
But it's a done deal. Why keep trying to out-post other hateful comments with more hateful comments? Does it make you feel better? It sure must.
These boards are over-flowing with hate, and it's usually the same 5-6 people that keep it going.
And now it's flowing over to this board.
Fm should retire anyhow. Chris can't sing or play an instrument obviously and Stevie's voice is losing even more range, and the two new members cannot replace my fave guitarist of all time.
But really, is Stevie's voice really so "alarming?" She's been losing lots of range for quite a while now, and at 70, it's even more noticeable lately.
But critics and fans raved about the 24KG tour a couple years ago, so it must not be that alarming, to become the #10 top grossing tour of it's year.
And some of the extended dates didn't have The Pretenders opening their one hour set.
Word of mouth helped make it her most successful solo tour she ever had, even touring for an album that sold less than 200,000 copies.
So, people weren't that alarmed, obviously.
Am I upset that Lindsey is gone from FM? Hell yes.
But I am not going to spend all my free time hovering over an internet board and try and make hateful comments every time a new post is posted.
But I guess some people's lives are ruined because the 5 fireflies aren't touring together and this "faux' version of FM is causing so much turmoil in your lives.
I am lucky to have seen the band in their peak, many many times. I have many videos, concerts and albums to keep enjoying.
Ok, well, I'm gonna hit the send button now, so you guys can retaliate towards my post and make fun of me, call me names and say more negative things about the "old Goat."
Enjoy

BombaySapphire3 09-20-2018 03:42 PM

Wow sorry that my use of the word alarming upset you so much. In comparison to how her voice sounded on the 24KG tour it sounded very thin and weak when performing Gypsy on Ellen . We all know that she has lost range over the years but she still seemed to have power. Her singing ( if you can call it that ) on Ellen did not have power and so yes that was kind of shocking or "alarming to me. Maybe it was just bad sound on the show or so we can hope. I too saw Stevie many times in Fleetwood Mac's prime and her peak solo years and will always treasure those memories and I will still listen to the music created then .I am not happy about the person that she has become however .The girl who wrote all those incredible and magical songs seems to have disappeared.

TheWildHeart67 09-20-2018 03:47 PM

Quote:

Wow sorry that my use of the word alarming upset you so much. In comparison to how her voice sounded on the 24KG tour it sounded very thin and weak when performing Gypsy on Ellen . We all know that she has lost range over the years but she still seemed to have power. Her singing ( if you can call it that ) on Ellen did not have power and so yes that was kind of shocking or "alarming to me. Maybe it was just bad sound on the show or so we can hope. I too saw Stevie many times in Fleetwood Mac's prime and her peak solo years and will always treasure those memories and I will still listen to the music created then .I am not happy about the person that she has become however .The girl who wrote all those incredible and magical songs seems to have disappeared.
Your use of the word alarmed didn't upset me.
I find all this very amusing, actually.
Have fun

Frankenstein 09-20-2018 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnthonyMI (Post 1237198)
I can see it now... her and the rest of Fleetwood Mac are waiting for a ride out of LA to saftey from the impending danger...

Omg. I thought of this exact scenario last night :lol:

AnthonyMI 09-21-2018 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankenstein (Post 1237235)
Omg. I thought of this exact scenario last night :lol:

It would make the old Ledge Meme Stevie of Death a prophesy!

vivfox 09-21-2018 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnthonyMI (Post 1237198)

I am a HUGE Stevie fan and I found this hilariously funny. JTIS

BombaySapphire3 09-21-2018 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 1237285)
I am a HUGE Stevie fan and I found this hilariously funny. JTIS

Yeah same here ..some people around here need to get a sense of humor.:rolleyes:

jwd 09-21-2018 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 (Post 1237297)
Yeah same here ..some people around here need to get a sense of humor.:rolleyes:

Seriously :p lighten up a little. I'd say most of us are here for the same common denominator. It all revolves around FM in some strange way.

bwboy 09-21-2018 06:45 PM

Ah, it works both ways here. People are just as defensive or protective or hypersensitive of Lindsey as they are of Stevie.

jwd 09-21-2018 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1237316)
Ah, it works both ways here. People are just as defensive or protective or hypersensitive of Lindsey as they are of Stevie.

Absolutely. Some more justified than others. :p

JohnL 09-28-2018 12:50 PM

The episode from Wednesday night ended with the witches from Coven invading the underground camp where the rest of these survivors are. Well, it was 3 of them at least. This is where the seasons start to all tie together I guess. It should be getting better going forward.

Macfan4life 09-28-2018 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnL (Post 1237779)
The episode from Wednesday night ended with the witches from Coven invading the underground camp where the rest of these survivors are. Well, it was 3 of them at least. This is where the seasons start to all tie together I guess. It should be getting better going forward.

I hope so. I loved the first season. Such good writing. I could not watch the Mental Institution one because it was nonstop abduction and torture. I liked Coven though. I did not care for the Lady Gaga one either. This one is more about evil killing so I was turning it off but I am glad to hear the witches show up to clean things up. You go girls!
I am glad to know that Stevie has survived the apocalypse :)

MikeInNV 10-04-2018 08:20 PM

I thought I saw a fleeting shot of Stevie, from behind, in the previews of next week's episode.

Frankenstein 10-04-2018 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeInNV (Post 1238455)
I thought I saw a fleeting shot of Stevie, from behind, in the previews of next week's episode.

Me too!
This season is so good so far. I stopped watching halfway through Roanoake but I came back this year because Murder House and Coven are the only two seasons I like.

secondhandchain 10-05-2018 01:23 AM

Your move Stevie. I dare you to listen to this whole song and I cry.https://youtu.be/vupxwCV9I_g

vivfox 10-05-2018 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1238504)
Your move Stevie. I dare you to listen to this whole song and I cry.https://youtu.be/vupxwCV9I_g

I only listened to a minute of it and was kinda sad that it sounded no different than his usual sound as of this century. Kinda had that whispered singing we're all not too fond of. BTW we know how angry you are at Stevie and you have every right to be but seriously it is getting old to hear it now. You have been saying the same basic words for six solid months and it's about time we all try to concentrate on the positive things concerning Fleetwood Mac. I know I am.

paleshadow 10-05-2018 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeInNV (Post 1238455)

Yes, we definitely recognized her backside. I'm thinking her appearance will have to do with Michael performing the seven wonders in the next episode. The episode is titled "Boy Wonder".

jwd 10-05-2018 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paleshadow (Post 1238532)
Yes, we definitely recognized her backside. I'm thinking her appearance will have to do with Michael performing the seven wonders in the next episode. The episode is titled "Boy Wonder".

Like the TISL cover? Haven't seen the latest episode, but I am following. Will Stevie save the world with her white witch magical powers? More importantly, will she save Misty?

Macfan4life 10-07-2018 10:49 AM

I think Stevie is going to show up and save the world singing Sister Honey while the other witches do the Talk To Me dance.

Netter75 10-07-2018 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1238763)
I think Stevie is going to show up and save the world singing Sister Honey while the other witches do the Talk To Me dance.

Only if she runs up to each character flailing her arms and screaming:

"and she'll go **FAST** like a jet plane"

(runs to the other side of the room, chiffon billowing)

"and then **FAST** like a star stream!"

I would die :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Macfan4life 10-08-2018 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Netter75 (Post 1238779)
Only if she runs up to each character flailing her arms and screaming:

"and she'll go **FAST** like a jet plane"

(runs to the other side of the room, chiffon billowing)

"and then **FAST** like a star stream!"

I would die :laugh::laugh::laugh:

************SPOILER ALERT**************

As Sister Honey starts....Misty Day shows signs of life. Stevie touches her hand during the opening sssiissssstaaaah. Misty Day jumps up during "Well I think YOU will like Sister Honey. It will be revealed that Sister Honey has almost as much power as the Seven Wonders. Sister Honey will conquer the evil warlock and save the world. All of the witches hold hands and sing along to "can we still be friends, the answer is always yes" Episode title: The legend of Sister Honey

Feather Blade 10-08-2018 09:57 AM

For those that watch this show, are you guys enjoying it so far? I have only kept up with reading episode recaps here and there and reading a bit of the chatter about it. The idea of a seasonally changing show with an ensemble cast is intriguing, but I never could seem to actually sit down and watch any of the seasons.

ricohv 10-10-2018 12:53 PM

From Stevie Nicks Facebook:
My favorite use of Gold Dust Woman!

Tune in tomorrow to see me reunite with my witches! 10/9c On FX
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
https://www.facebook.com/stevienicks...1UJg&__tn__=-R

Hawkeye 10-10-2018 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1238898)
************SPOILER ALERT**************

As Sister Honey starts....Misty Day shows signs of life. Stevie touches her hand during the opening sssiissssstaaaah. Misty Day jumps up during "Well I think YOU will like Sister Honey. It will be revealed that Sister Honey has almost as much power as the Seven Wonders. Sister Honey will conquer the evil warlock and save the world. All of the witches hold hands and sing along to "can we still be friends, the answer is always yes" Episode title: The legend of Sister Honey

Last scene of the season is construction workers on a ladder changing The name of the Hotel Cortez to The Imperial Hotel!

Jondalar 10-10-2018 05:30 PM

She sings Gypsy. I wish she would of done a solo song.

Frankenstein 10-10-2018 10:06 PM

Stevie’s cameo was pretty gratuitous. I preferred her scenes in Coven.

jkmaletic 10-10-2018 10:06 PM

Well, I just watched it. Her lines were very minimal. She had more during Coven. Her appearance this time seemed kind of misplaced. I guess she was there to help Misty heal? I was hoping it was going to be better than it was.

Jamie

MikeInNV 10-10-2018 11:13 PM

Emma Roberts talks about working with her:

http://collider.com/american-horror-...rts-interview/

Newzchspy 10-11-2018 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeInNV (Post 1239684)
Emma Roberts talks about working with her:

http://collider.com/american-horror-...rts-interview/

Somewhat amazed that she's never seen Stevie in concert??

Newzchspy 10-11-2018 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkmaletic (Post 1239637)
Well, I just watched it. Her lines were very minimal. She had more during Coven. Her appearance this time seemed kind of misplaced. I guess she was there to help Misty heal? I was hoping it was going to be better than it was.

Jamie

Minimal lines?? Yeah, if you consider an abridged version of Gypsy accompanied only by the piano to be minimal.

BombaySapphire3 10-11-2018 05:53 PM

I have to give the devil her due. I thought her rendition of Gypsy here was much better than her singing Rhiannon in AHS Coven.

jkmaletic 10-11-2018 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newzchspy (Post 1239915)
Minimal lines?? Yeah, if you consider an abridged version of Gypsy accompanied only by the piano to be minimal.

I meant speaking lines/words. She had more in Coven.

sleepless child 10-11-2018 07:45 PM

I liked the ending with her and Misty. Very moving. Nice rendition of Gypsy too.

Andyleo 10-11-2018 11:18 PM

That was gorgeous! Almost choked me all up. Love the Blue Denim hair. I hope she returns again in this series...:wavey::]:]:]

Macfan4life 10-12-2018 04:22 AM

I agree with those that said her appearance is sort of misplaced. She sings and that is all. Just getting her songs into the show.

ricohv 10-12-2018 08:45 AM

Her appearance was definitely gratuitous BUT it added a touch of sweet sentimentality to a show that generally has none (except when she's on!)
Also, this version of Gypsy as a lush piano ballad was very pretty.

lilyfee 10-12-2018 08:59 AM

I found the scene very touching but the Sister Honey group number would have been a sight to see!! :nod:

Stevie finally got to say “hello, witches!”