The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   MIRAGE DELUXE Release date 7/29/16 and more... (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=56037)

jbrownsjr 05-12-2016 10:54 AM

$100 bucks for the LA Forum... They should come to my house and play. :shocked:

Wdm6789 05-12-2016 11:35 AM

It's not on iTunes yet. Tusk Deluxe was on iTunes early. Isn't there an outtake of Hold Me that was supposed to come out today?

olive 05-12-2016 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wdm6789 (Post 1183288)
It's not on iTunes yet. Tusk Deluxe was on iTunes early. Isn't there an outtake of Hold Me that was supposed to come out today?

it's on spotify

FuzzyPlum 05-12-2016 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1183195)
I asked the question about the Mirage footage to Richard in the ask Richard thread. Hopefully he can shed some light on why half the concert has never been seen or heard and why it was not released in this re-mastered set.
He must know the answer. Wouldn't it be sad if it was all lost somehow and only the HBO or commercial release concert songs remain. A few of these live gems would have made this upcoming release the best invention since the wheel :)

Is that ever going to actually happen???
No real signs.

sorcerer999 05-12-2016 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitesoxx (Post 1183090)

[CD2]
1. Love In Store (Early Version)
2. Suma's Walk aka Can't Go Back (Outtake)
3. That's Alright (Alternate Take)
4. Book of Love (Early Version)
5. Gypsy (Early Version)
6. Only Over You (Alternate Version)
7. Empire State (Early Version)
8. If You Were My Love (Outtake)
9. Hold Me (Early Version)
10. Oh Diane (Early Version)
11. Smile At You (Outtake)
12. Goodbye Angel (Original Outtake)
13. Eyes of the World (Alternate Early Version)
14. Straight Back (Original Vinyl Version)
15. Wish You Were Here (Alternate Version)
16. Cool Water (2016 Remastered)
17. Gypsy (Video Version) [2016 Remastered]
18. Put a Candle In the Window (Run-Through)
19. Teen Beat (Outtake) [2016 Remastered]
20. Blue Monday (Jam)

The Amazon listing only has 19 tracks listed for Disc Two and omits the Vinyl Version of "Straight Back". That sucks! I wonder if that's a typo from Amazon or if the other company who originally listed this had the wrong information? Strange. :shrug:

sorcerer999 05-12-2016 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1183195)
I asked the question about the Mirage footage to Richard in the ask Richard thread. Hopefully he can shed some light on why half the concert has never been seen or heard and why it was not released in this re-mastered set.

Simply going by how Richard has answered questions on his Tumblr blog in the past, and his basically non existent relationship with the band or Warner Brothers, I seriously doubt he has any answers on this subject.

Just my opinion. :sorry:

Richard B 05-12-2016 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wdm6789 (Post 1183288)

It's on iTunes (USA) and Hold Me is available for download now.

Richard B 05-12-2016 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorcerer999 (Post 1183300)
The Amazon listing only has 19 tracks listed for Disc Two and omits the Vinyl Version of "Straight Back". That sucks! I wonder if that's a typo from Amazon or if the other company who originally listed this had the wrong information? Strange. :shrug:

I think it's a typo as iTunes has Straight Back listed for the pre-order.

mike_nh 05-12-2016 12:51 PM

maybe a company like shout factory needs to step in and take over the Fleetwood mac vault. they have a very good track record with getting old releases out to the public.

sorcerer999 05-12-2016 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard B (Post 1183308)
I think it's a typo as iTunes has Straight Back listed for the pre-order.

YESSSSS!!!! :thumbsup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike_nh (Post 1183309)
maybe a company like shout factory needs to step in and take over the Fleetwood mac vault. they have a very good track record with getting old releases out to the public.

I concur wholeheartedly! I adore "Shout Factory!" Their releases and the special features within have been among the most extensive and detailed, especially among lesser known or forgotten films and television shows. They've done quite a bit of releases from the Warner archives, so I'd love if they got their hands on the Tusk Documentary, Mirage Concert, The White Winged Dove HBO special. Think about it! (no pun intended) There's no telling how much new footage we would be able to see if the Shout Factory research team got their hands in the WB archives. Wishful thinking, though.

Back to reality...:rolleyes:

BlueLight 05-12-2016 01:26 PM

Oh my goodness, "Hold Me (Early Version)" is such a lush, perfect little gem. More Stevie! Truly can't wait for the full album to be released. :]

jarlic 05-12-2016 01:39 PM

Just listened to Hold Me (Early Version). Not sure if this version ever circulated amongst fans, but it was new to me. A lighter version for sure and anytime they let Stevie loose in the background is alright with me!!

jessej 05-12-2016 01:58 PM

Oh i love it !!!!! Extra excited for more !

BlueLight 05-12-2016 03:02 PM

I just noticed that iTunes is listing the runtimes for Gypsy (early version) (5:33) and Oh Diane (early version) (2:54), which would suggest that these also will be released early as singles. :thumbsup:

jbrownsjr 05-12-2016 03:22 PM

Wow, they should have had Stevie and Christine sing together more often.

jbrownsjr 05-12-2016 03:24 PM

I've never heard this version. Bootleg or otherwise. :thumbsup:

~*BellaDonna*~ 05-12-2016 03:27 PM

How funny! July 29th is my 39th wedding anniversary. :)

Street_Dreamer 05-12-2016 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard B (Post 1183306)
It's on iTunes (USA) and Hold Me is available for download now.

Wow! That demo sounds so lively. I'm so excited!

Macfan4life 05-12-2016 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1183298)
Is that ever going to actually happen???
No real signs.

I hope so and soon.
Is it possible the band or some producer decided what songs were going to be included on the Mirage tour release and they only recorded those songs? Its unlikely but entirely possible.

secondhandchain 05-12-2016 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer (Post 1183346)
Wow! That demo sounds so lively. I'm so excited!

It's not a demo. It's an early version. Consider it a painting that is repainted over or added onto until you are satisfied. Demos are usually very spare and are done before you enter the studio. Kind of a reference guide.

Fannymac 05-12-2016 06:25 PM

Not to change the subject TOO much, but I think this bodes well for TANGO.....!!! (YES!!! "Ricky" on CD.....FINALLY!!!).

jbrownsjr 05-12-2016 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fannymac (Post 1183366)
Not to change the subject TOO much, but I think this bodes well for TANGO.....!!! (YES!!! "Ricky" on CD.....FINALLY!!!).

Tell me.. tell me tell me................. oh ricky....................

Straightback 05-12-2016 10:00 PM

More info here:

http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/ne...luxe-packages/

sorcerer999 05-12-2016 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fannymac (Post 1183366)

While a super deluxe version of "Tango" would be nice, I'm hoping that the next thing they do is go back and do a super deluxe version of the 1975 White Fleetwood Mac album. I'm really surprised this hasn't been done already.

I'd love to hear some of the demos and outtakes from those sessions ("Sorcerer", "Blue Letter", etc) and maybe even a live disc of that tour. It would be nice to hear a crystal clear version of "Why" with that beautiful three part harmony, or "Frozen Love" or some of the other songs that were only performed on this tour.

But I'm also getting off topic as well. :sorry:

~*BellaDonna*~ 05-12-2016 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorcerer999 (Post 1183394)
While a super deluxe version of "Tango" would be nice, I'm hoping that the next thing they do is go back and do a super deluxe version of the 1975 White Fleetwood Mac album. I'm really surprised this hasn't been done already.

I'd love to hear some of the demos and outtakes from those sessions ("Sorcerer", "Blue Letter", etc) and maybe even a live disc of that tour. It would be nice to hear a crystal clear version of "Why" with that beautiful three part harmony, or "Frozen Love" or some of the other songs that were only performed on this tour.

But I'm also getting off topic as well. :sorry:

I think it'd be nice to get a "Super Deluxe" release of Mystery To Me. Its a sorely under valued album.

michelej1 05-12-2016 11:45 PM

By Michael Gallucci May 12, 2016 2:22 PM Ultimate Classic Rock

Read More: Fleetwood Mac's 'Mirage' Is Getting a Deluxe Reissue | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/fleet...ckback=tsmclip

Fleetwood Mac’s ‘Mirage’ Is Getting a Deluxe Reissue

Fleetwood Mac‘s last No. 1 studio album, 1982’s Mirage, will be released as a three-disc expanded deluxe edition this summer.

Mirage – which followed 1979’s Tusk, an expensive LP that didn’t reach nearly the same heights as its predecessor, the blockbuster Rumours – included three Top 40 singles: “Hold Me,” which hit No. 4, “Gypsy” and “Love in Store.”
The new reissue, which will be released on July 29, will include a new remaster of the original album; a disc of B-sides, outtakes and sessions; and 13 songs from the 1982 tour in support of the album. You can see the entire track listing below.

Like the recent deluxe reissues of Rumours and Tusk, the beefed-up Mirage will be available in a number of configurations, including the three-disc edition that will also include an LP and DVD, which features a 5.1 surround mix; a two-disc expanded version that omits the live CD; and remastered albums on disc and digital.

The album was recorded as a reaction of sorts to the ambitious Tusk, settling for more stripped-down arrangements. It paid off for the band, staying at No. 1 for five weeks whereas Tusk stalled at No. 4. Among the 19 tracks found on the reissue’s second disc are early versions and alternate takes of songs like “Love in Store,” “Only Over You” and “Oh Diane.” The “Video Version” of “Gypsy,” which runs a minute longer than the album take, is also included.
The live disc, in addition to several Mirage tracks, includes older favorites like “The Chain,” “Rhiannon” and “Go Your Own Way.”

Fleetwood Mac, ‘Mirage: Deluxe Edition’ Track Listing

Disc One: Original Album – 2016 Remaster
1. “Love In Store”
2. “Can’t Go Back”
3. “That’s Alright”
4. “Book of Love”
5. “Gypsy”
6. “Only Over You”
7. “Empire State”
8. “Straight Back”
9. “Hold Me”
10. “Oh Diane”
11. “Eyes of the World”
12. “Wish You Were Here”
Disc Two: B-Sides, Outtakes, Sessions
1. “Love In Store” (Early Version)*
2. “Suma’s Walk” AKA “Can’t Go Back” (Outtake)*
3. “That’s Alright” (Alternate Take)*
4. “Book of Love” (Early Version)*
5. “Gypsy” (Early Version)*
6. “Only Over You” (Alternate Version)*
7. “Empire State” (Early Version)*
8. “If You Were My Love” (Outtake)*
9. “Hold Me” (Early Version)*
10. “Oh Diane” (Early Version)*
11. “Smile at You” (Outtake)*
12. “Goodbye Angel” (Original Outtake)*
13. “Eyes of the World” (Alternate Early Version)*
14. “Wish You Were Here” (Alternate Version)*
15. “Cool Water”
16. “Gypsy” (Video Version)
17. “Put a Candle in the Window” (Run-Through)*
18. “Teen Beat” (Outtake)*
19. “Blue Monday” (Jam)*
*Previously Unissued
Disc Three: Mirage Live 1982
1. “The Chain”
2. “Gypsy”
3. “Love In Store”
4. “Not That Funny”
5. “You Make Loving Fun”
6. “I’m So Afraid”
7. “Blue Letter”
8. “Rhiannon”
9. “Tusk”
10. “Eyes of the World”
11. “Go Your Own Way”
12. “Sisters of the Moon”
13. “Songbird”

Read More: Fleetwood Mac's 'Mirage' Is Getting a Deluxe Reissue | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/fleet...ckback=tsmclip

James89 05-13-2016 04:18 AM

The full deluxe edition is already at #43 on Amazon! That's incredible! And it's a whopping $99.98 which certainly isn't cheap. Clearly a lot of people have been waiting a long time for this and it's certainly showing on the charts.

Wdm6789 05-13-2016 07:19 AM

Hopefully we'll see a reemergence of Hold Me and it can get the attention it deserves.

I am really bummed they didn't include the full live set. That is what I was really looking forward to.

jbrownsjr 05-13-2016 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~*BellaDonna*~ (Post 1183397)
I think it'd be nice to get a "Super Deluxe" release of Mystery To Me. Its a sorely under valued album.

wow!! yes!!

Macfan4life 05-13-2016 11:51 AM

I just had the best idea ever.
To promote the upcoming Mirage release, the Mac should re-live the Mirage era and announce an 18 date USA mini tour. Their setlist should included only those songs played during the Mirage tour.

Dream on silly dreamer :eek;

~*BellaDonna*~ 05-13-2016 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1183423)
wow!! yes!!

I think it is unfortunate that the Mac's early catalogue, which includes some brillant material from Christine, is mostly forgotten and overshadowed by Rumours, Tusk, and Mirage.

Murrow 05-13-2016 01:33 PM

The track I'm curious about is Put a Candle in the Window - judging by the title and the future echo of Illume, I imagine it's a Stevie track.

Nice to know Goodbye Angel and Teen Beat will be freed from the clutches of the box set but the (original outtake) bit makes me wonder if it'll be a different version.

jbrownsjr 05-13-2016 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~*BellaDonna*~ (Post 1183430)
I think it is unfortunate that the Mac's early catalogue, which includes some brillant material from Christine, is mostly forgotten and overshadowed by Rumours, Tusk, and Mirage.

Yes, I love the whole of FMac... love the individual members, too. But, not as much as the band as a whole. The only solo album I crave is one from Christine.. only because it's been 12 years. But, from Peter Green to Stevie Nicks.. This band is magic..

~*BellaDonna*~ 05-13-2016 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1183437)
Yes, I love the whole of FMac... love the individual members, too. But, not as much as the band as a whole. The only solo album I crave is one from Christine.. only because it's been 12 years. But, from Peter Green to Stevie Nicks.. This band is magic..

The band is magical and I think Stevie may have sprinkled some of her fairy dust in there, too.

jbrownsjr 05-13-2016 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~*BellaDonna*~ (Post 1183438)
The band is magical and I think Stevie may have sprinkled some of her fairy dust in there, too.

Christine has some serious power, too.

~*BellaDonna*~ 05-13-2016 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1183449)
Christine has some serious power, too.

She crfats her songs perfectly and the results are always breathtaking.

Ulpian 05-13-2016 04:11 PM

I am absolutely THRILLED that this is being released, especially because of the live tracks. This is the best live version of SotM ever.

:]

Newzchspy 05-13-2016 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ulpian (Post 1183459)
I am absolutely THRILLED that this is being released, especially because of the live tracks. This is the best live version of SotM ever.

:]

X2 Mark , if it weren't for the LIVE tracks (and outtakes) , I'd be like "Meh".....................

BLY 05-13-2016 07:21 PM

These deluxe sets have been worth the wait . I'm sure Tango is next and maybe after that we will get the Pre Rumours line up in the same treatment.

jbrownsjr 05-13-2016 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLY (Post 1183484)
These deluxe sets have been worth the wait . I'm sure Tango is next and maybe after that we will get the Pre Rumours line up in the same treatment.

OMG can you imagine. Pre B/N stuff!! I'd have a heart attack.