The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   New Stevie Tour Dates (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59612)

David 08-29-2022 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1277378)
She could play the Las Vegas Fairgrounds or Mandalay Beach. Yankee Stadium, Citi Field or Metlife Stadium. Cottown Bowl.

And she is playing the Hollywood Bowl. I am truly excited about that. First time as a headlining solo star at the Bowl. I’m starry eyed.

https://static01.nyt.com/images/2013...BOWL-jumbo.jpg

DownOnRodeo 08-29-2022 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1277498)
And she is playing the Hollywood Bowl. I am truly excited about that. First time as a headlining solo star at the Bowl. I’m starry eyed.

What a bold (bowled?) new venture! I am looking forward to hearing Stevie's interpretation of Beethoven's concerto No. 3.

HomerMcvie 08-29-2022 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo (Post 1277502)
What a bold (bowled?) new venture! I am looking forward to hearing Stevie's interpretation of Beethoven's concerto No. 3.

I just literally spit out my beer, reading this! :lol:

bombaysaffires 08-30-2022 11:47 AM

Quote:

A piano concerto no less. She'll be giving those two fingers quite a workout on the keyboard....

jbrownsjr 08-30-2022 01:27 PM

Quote:

She can't even do Dreams without an Outside the Rain intro. :]

HomerMcvie 08-30-2022 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1277517)
A piano concerto no less. She'll be giving those two fingers quite a workout on the keyboard....

$he's quite the child(ish) prodigy.

UnwindedDreams 09-04-2022 11:08 PM

Stevie sang "For What It's Worth" at her concert in Snowmass Village. Could she have chosen to perform it because she loves Stephen Stills? Has she covered this song before?

She's got three covers in her setlist now. I think the last time she did 3 covers live was in 2010 with You Wreck Me, Face The Promise, and Rock and Roll!

mitzo 09-05-2022 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1277651)
Stevie sang "For What It's Worth" at her concert in Snowmass Village. Could she have chosen to perform it because she loves Stephen Stills? Has she covered this song before?

She's got three covers in her setlist now. I think the last time she did 3 covers live was in 2010 with You Wreck Me, Face The Promise, and Rock and Roll!

She covered a Stills song with that title, she didn't sing her FWIW from In Your Dreams?

UnwindedDreams 09-05-2022 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitzo (Post 1277658)
She covered a Stills song with that title, she didn't sing her FWIW from In Your Dreams?

She didn't sing FWIW from IYD. That would've been a good one to bring back! From IYD she sang Soldier's Angel (with a verse cut out) and Moonlight.

I don't understand why she's omitting so many masterpieces such as I Can't Wait, Long Way To Go, Twisted, Mabel Normand, even the huge hit Talk To Me.
She's run away from the In Your Dreams and 24 Karat Gold Tours Stevie Nicks and back to the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" Stevie. And she's charging a lot more than she did for 24 Karat Gold Tour!

mitzo 09-05-2022 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1277659)
She didn't sing FWIW from IYD. That would've been a good one to bring back! From IYD she sang Soldier's Angel (with a verse cut out) and Moonlight.

I don't understand why she's omitting so many masterpieces such as I Can't Wait, Long Way To Go, Twisted, Mabel Normand, even the huge hit Talk To Me.
She's run away from the In Your Dreams and 24 Karat Gold Tours Stevie Nicks and back to the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" Stevie. And she's charging a lot more than she did for 24 Karat Gold Tour!

But she did add a cover of Stills's FWIW?

UnwindedDreams 09-05-2022 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitzo (Post 1277660)
But she did add a cover of Stills's FWIW?

Yes, Buffalo Springfield's FWIW, written by Stephen Stills. Recently performed by him and Billy Porter on live television.

cbBen 09-05-2022 05:40 PM

She has said she would like to be thought of as a "Rock And Roll Woman," after the Stills-penned Buffalo Springfield song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QDpdS3Atyo

Hawkeye 09-05-2022 07:11 PM

Apparently she said there will be a recorded version of the cover available within weeks.

Also tied in how she just recently discovered the importance of voting. And that made her want to record the song. That plus wanting to have recorded it since the first time she heard the original song.

I really just am hoping that while she was recording FWIW she was recording more of the songs she’s been talking about recently as well, and maybe FWIW is just the first taste of a potential new album?

Vampires Wife
FWIW
Unnamed romantic song

That’s 3 already.

But in reality it’s probably just another one off song that will have another video telling people to vote for 2022. Except This time it’s not even one actual new song.

UnwindedDreams 09-05-2022 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkeye (Post 1277674)
Apparently she said there will be a recorded version of the cover available within weeks.

Also tied in how she just recently discovered the importance of voting. And that made her want to record the song. That plus wanting to have recorded it since the first time she heard the original song.

I really just am hoping that while she was recording FWIW she was recording more of the songs she’s been talking about recently as well, and maybe FWIW is just the first taste of a potential new album?

Vampires Wife
FWIW
Unnamed romantic song

That’s 3 already.

But in reality it’s probably just another one off song that will have another video telling people to vote for 2022. Except This time it’s not even one actual new song.

I have a feeling The DNC reached out to her about doing a song for the U.S. midterm election campaigns for Democrats. This song was also used at the 2020 DNC Convention.
I don't see Stevie just wanting to record a cover as a one-off single. Crash Into Me and Circle Dance were recorded as part of a live show with a bunch of other songs. Rock and Roll was put on a compilation album.

It's so strange that she gave interviews in October of 2020 saying how much she wanted to perform her 2020 voting song live and it's not in her setlist.

BombaySapphire3 09-05-2022 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1277675)

It's so strange that she gave interviews in October of 2020 saying how much she wanted to perform her 2020 voting song live and it's not in her setlist.

Which is probably a good thing. It is a dreadful song and I do use that word loosely.

SteveMacD 09-05-2022 10:49 PM

I don’t think it’s any secret that the whole Laurel Canyon scene, especially the Stephen Stills bands, were hugely influential on Stevie. I’m surprised they haven’t collaborated.

UnwindedDreams 09-06-2022 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1277680)
I don’t think it’s any secret that the whole Laurel Canyon scene, especially the Stephen Stills bands, were hugely influential on Stevie. I’m surprised they haven’t collaborated.

Also Stevie has said R&B music was hugely influential on her. People Get Ready would sound nice in her voice and with Sharon and Marilyn.

DownOnRodeo 09-06-2022 09:03 AM

It's still a bit peculiar though.
Like if BuckVie had "World Turning" in their setlist but played the Peter Green version.

For what it's worth, I like the IYD song.

UnwindedDreams 09-06-2022 06:55 PM

Here's the debut live performance of For What It's Worth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH-y-Lrsb98

I guess the original song by B.S. doesn't have any high notes for the lead vocalist.

blinker12 09-07-2022 06:02 PM

That was pretty boring?

Villavic 09-07-2022 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1277505)
I just literally spit out my beer, reading this! :lol:

I don't get it. So why are you reading this forum if you hate her that much? I know you have your reasons, but don't you think that by reading posts about SN you are torturing yourself?

https://www.magicalquote.com/wp-cont...-suffering.jpg

jmn3 09-07-2022 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blinker12 (Post 1277693)
That was pretty boring?

Extremely. There was nothing interesting about that performance and I fail to understand why so much of her set is being devoted to covers while vast amounts of her own songs (her children!) are being completely forgotten to time. That set is dreadfully boring and seemingly on autopilot.

UnwindedDreams 09-07-2022 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmn3 (Post 1277695)
Extremely. There was nothing interesting about that performance and I fail to understand why so much of her set is being devoted to covers while vast amounts of her own songs (her children!) are being completely forgotten to time. That set is dreadfully boring and seemingly on autopilot.

And this is a 20 something date tour. New stage production and media.
If you want to cover a song, do the one you did with Elton or Maroon 5!

HomerMcvie 09-07-2022 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villavic (Post 1277694)
I don't get it. So why are you reading this forum if you hate her that much? I know you have your reasons, but don't you think that by reading posts about SN you are torturing yourself?

https://www.magicalquote.com/wp-cont...-suffering.jpg

This cross I bear gets mighty heavy sometimes....

Or does it?;)

DownOnRodeo 09-08-2022 12:53 AM

master-stevie

HomerMcvie 09-08-2022 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo (Post 1277703)
master-stevie

Now that's funny!

Villavic 09-08-2022 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1277701)
This cross I bear gets mighty heavy sometimes....

Or does it?;)

Wise answer.

Villavic 09-08-2022 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo (Post 1277703)
master-stevie

:laugh::laugh::laugh: You made my day.

David 09-08-2022 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blinker12 (Post 1277693)
That was pretty boring?

Well, it was cool to hear Stevie sing a counterculture classic — all three notes of it.

One thing I would prefer she not do is sing Ram Jam’s Black Betty.

jmn3 09-08-2022 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1277715)
Well, it was cool to hear Stevie sing a counterculture classic — all three notes of it.

One thing I would prefer she not do is sing Ram Jam’s Black Betty.

Jesus don’t even put that out in the universe. It would sound like a goat massacre

UnwindedDreams 09-11-2022 09:25 AM

Nice performance of Gypsy from this weekend. Is that video on the screen from the On With The Show Tour?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScNSqVrJwSk

BigAl84 09-12-2022 12:48 PM

Oh yeah..same screens from 2014/2015, used again in 2018, and AGAIN for this tour.

BigAl84 09-12-2022 12:51 PM

It's hilarious how they can't even be bothered to attempt the guitar solo. That says everything you need to know.

blinker12 09-12-2022 03:25 PM

^ Yeah, really! I checked, and they did the end solo (abbreviated, but still) during the 24 Karat Gold tour. Does she feel like the pressure is too great to keep "twirling" longer or something?

UnwindedDreams 09-12-2022 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blinker12 (Post 1277732)
^ Yeah, really! I checked, and they did the end solo (abbreviated, but still) during the 24 Karat Gold tour. Does she feel like the pressure is too great to keep "twirling" longer or something?

No, I think it's just Stevie wanting to keep the show flowing. Remember she cuts verses from songs (i.e. Annabel Lee in 2016, and now Edge of Seventeen, Soldier's Angel, Wild Heart, and Bella Donna) to either sing more songs or give her more time to shake her head during Gold Dust Woman and to greet the audience during Edge of Seventeen.

UnwindedDreams 09-12-2022 05:14 PM

Fast spins for this Stand Back from last week. She seems really happy during these videos too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2cYThShVMc

UnwindedDreams 09-14-2022 07:00 AM

Stevie going back to the higher parts after Carlos' solo in Dreams last night in Detroit!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohNj-ooETdQ

Setlist is the same. Nothing but songs from 10+ years ago, including the covers.

sleepless child 09-14-2022 09:54 AM

Very good performance. I wanted to go to this show. She is not coming to Pittsburgh. (yet, anyway) and my step daughter lives in Clarkston. When we visit I always stay at the new hotel by Pine Knob. But I have travel plans tomorrow and it would have been too much to fly to Detroit and then come back today and fly again tomorrow to Virginia, so I didn't go.

I really was disappointed in this tour. I didn't like the look, or sound of her first shows. How much lower can her voice go? But it looks like now she may be shaking the rust off and I like the hair better now. She's moving better now too, but I think she had an ankle sprain earlier and that may have been what was causing the mobility issues. I just wish she would stop touring and do an album. Even if it's another 24Karat, that would be fine by me.

Macfan4life 09-14-2022 10:06 AM

I was watching her dedication to the Queen the other day and she dedicated Landslide to her. She wrote a tribute that she read from a teleprompter. She said "imagine having a job for 70 years" I thought she said "Imagine having a dog for 70 years" I was in shock that Stevie would compare the Queen to a dog. But on another video it was clear she said job. :lol:
She really identified with the queen. One of her most commonly written statements in her journal is to always remind herself to "walk like a queen" on stage.

HomerMcvie 09-14-2022 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1277749)
I was watching her dedication to the Queen the other day and she dedicated Landslide to her. She wrote a tribute that she read from a teleprompter. She said "imagine having a job for 70 years" I thought she said "Imagine having a dog for 70 years" I was in shock that Stevie would compare the Queen to a dog. But on another video it was clear she said job. :lol:
She really identified with the queen. One of her most commonly written statements in her journal is to always remind herself to "walk like a queen" on stage.

Well, Karen tells her she's a queen.:woohoo: