The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Let's all cast "Rumours: The Movie" (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=53125)

bombaysaffires 12-17-2019 02:31 PM

call me cynical, but I don't hold much hope for any movies about the band or Buckingham Nicks. I expect too much focus on the salacious aspects like drug use and yelling at each other rather than a real look at the fundamental dynamics of that relationship, which is the far more interesting part. :shrug:

David 12-17-2019 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1255311)
I expect too much focus on the salacious aspects like drug use and yelling at each other

If it happens at all, that’s what we’ll see. There’s nowhere else for a biopic to go but in the direction of mass-market reduction and sensationalism and extreme ellipsis. And those are the same qualities that the band members and their circle have repeated since talking about the band became its own industry. Things that we’ve been despairing over for years—the way harmless or inconsequential conversations or events have been blown up into deathless fables, covered by a crust of misinterpretation and misstatement—will be the essence of any such movie. Of course we’ll all watch, but it’ll be aggravating.

Remember that TV dramatization a few years ago and how painfully bad it was?

elle 12-17-2019 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1255313)
If it happens at all, that’s what we’ll see. There’s nowhere else for a biopic to go but in the direction of mass-market reduction and sensationalism and extreme ellipsis. And those are the same qualities that the band members and their circle have repeated since talking about the band became its own industry. Things that we’ve been despairing over for years—the way harmless or inconsequential conversations or events have been blown up into deathless fables, covered by a crust of misinterpretation and misstatement—will be the essence of any such movie. Of course we’ll all watch, but it’ll be aggravating.

Remember that TV dramatization a few years ago and how painfully bad it was?

and wasn't that while Lindsey was still a full-rights member of the band? imagine now!

button-lip 12-18-2019 09:48 AM

I honestly don't see the point in a Fleetwood Mac or a Buckingham Nicks movie. What's there to know? That Stevie hates Lindsey since forever? :nod::nod:

Really, it will be all a bunch of lies to bury Lindsey even more.

HomerMcvie 12-18-2019 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1255316)
I honestly don't see the point in a Fleetwood Mac or a Buckingham Nicks movie. What's there to know? That Stevie hates Lindsey since forever? :nod::nod:

Really, it will be all a bunch of lies to bury Lindsey even more.

That old hag $tevie will see to it that he comes across as ugly as possible. And the old hag will come across as being an angel.

I hope it never happens.

Wdm6789 01-16-2020 09:13 PM

Margot Robbie as Christine McVie

jbrownsjr 01-21-2020 09:17 AM

Rosanne could play Stevie if she wore a wig of blonde hair. She's got the voice for it.

Sanne2 01-21-2020 02:24 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Florence Pugh as Stevie:

HomerMcvie 01-21-2020 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1255841)
Rosanne could play Stevie if she wore a wig of blonde hair. She's got the voice for it.

Omfg, Roseanne would be perfect as $tevie!:xoxo:

I think she bears an uncanny resemblance to $tevie as well!

jbrownsjr 01-21-2020 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1255852)
Omfg, Roseanne would be perfect as $tevie!:xoxo:

I think she bears an uncanny resemblance to $tevie as well!

From like the Dance years, to present. The voice with a wig of long blonde hair she'd be perfect.