The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The Mabel Normand preview (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=54072)

PenguinHead 08-15-2014 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 (Post 1139295)
Really starting to get amped up here:blob2:I am so happy that she is doing this .There is really no one else on earth that could pull a song like this off except for Stevie Nicks.

:laugh: That's for sure!

Christopher 08-15-2014 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DauphineMarie (Post 1139278)
I ALWAYS KNEW YOU COULD DO IT MABEL. I am literally screaming right now lol I just want to throw it out there now that I have always loved the demo, no matter how cocaine-rambly it is. I am so proud of you Stevie :laugh: :]

Blown away is all that I can say!

I know it's just a 15 second clip, but first, I've not heard wicked vocals from Stevie like this since RAL or "Long Way To Go"! And secondly, this is the perfect example of why Dave Stewart is so great for Stevie! They saw the genuis of Stevie's tragic lyrics, rambling melody, & metaphor, using Mabel Normand (& Charlie Chaplin) to whom Stevie is really comparing their narrative to her tragic relationship with Joe Walsh. Then Dave, or Waddy, added in a nice, simple guitar lick to frame the song. Sounds like they nailed this one to the wall! YES!!
I think only Bob Dylan could pull off this kind of song! Maybe, Tom Petty...maybe?

HoursAndHours 08-15-2014 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 (Post 1139288)
The first real WOW moment for these clips so far..I guess this completely lays to rest the idea that all the songs will be produced duplicates of the demos.

Yep. This really has a Blue Denim feel to it. Doubleplusgood, lol. :D

Christopher 08-15-2014 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard B (Post 1139262)
Although I'm still wondering why every single polaroid shot is from the Rock-A-Little era. I think that's when she really got into selfies in her bathroom.

Mabel Normand & She Loves Him Still are from the RAL sessions ("I Don't Care" is rumored to be from that era as well) But, specifically, the former two songs reflect Stevie & Joe Walsh's on again, off again, crazy, passionate, and ultimately tragic relationship. I believe when Stevie revisited these songs, she finally embraced the crazy RAL era. And I'd say it's about time!:xoxo:

welcomechris 08-15-2014 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christopher (Post 1139301)
Mabel Normand & She Loves Him Still are from the RAL sessions ("I Don't Care" is rumored to be from that era as well) But, specifically, the former two songs reflect Stevie & Joe Walsh's on again, off again, crazy, passionate, and ultimately tragic relationship. I believe when Stevie revisited these songs, she finally embraced the crazy RAL era. And I'd say it's about time!:xoxo:

Where did you hear that

HoursAndHours 08-15-2014 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christopher (Post 1139301)

I think I might take RAL, and a few outtakes from that era to the gym with me tomorrow. Seems like it would be good fat-boy-on-a-treadmill music. :D

I hope you're right, and that she's finally embraced the era. It would be so great if she started pulling out some RAL & TOSOTM songs for her set again.

welcomechris 08-15-2014 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoursAndHours (Post 1139303)
I think I might take RAL, and a few outtakes from that era to the gym with me tomorrow. Seems like it would be good fat-boy-on-a-treadmill music. :D

I hope you're right, and that she's finally embraced the era. It would be so great if she started pulling out some RAL & TOSOTM songs for her set again.

There are no demos of I Don't Care and no demos sound even close to it

HoursAndHours 08-15-2014 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by welcomechris (Post 1139304)

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but I don't immediately see how that relates to what I said? :shrug:

Christopher 08-15-2014 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by welcomechris (Post 1139304)

Yes. We know this. Calm down, it's just a rumor, more speculation, and rumblings with other fans elsewhere. I shouldn't have mentioned it, but part of the fun is speculating, right?
Besides, there are demos & outtakes in the vault that us fans have never heard, that have not gotten out, or remain uncirculated in the fan community. Stevie recorded an unprecedented amount of material during the making of RAL. It's rumored she recorded upwards of 30 or more songs. We have a lot of RAL material, but not all. There's more where "Reconsider Me" came from.:nod:

Anyway back to the awesome Mabel Normand...

Danigirl 08-15-2014 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louielouie2000 (Post 1139257)
What a fantastic vocal- you can hear the passion in her voice

Yes! I agree. I want more of this in 24K.

SameGlassTable 08-15-2014 02:58 PM

Love it .

Feels like "Rock a little"

Jondalar 08-15-2014 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoursAndHours (Post 1139299)

Gross thought. :(

sorcerer999 08-15-2014 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoursAndHours (Post 1139299)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1139313)
Gross thought. :(

To each his own. I happen to LOVE "Blue Denim". Even if you don't like the song, you have to agree that the vocals were awesome, especially the end. In fact, her vocals throughout the whole "Street Angel" tour were incredibites!

I've said it many times before, and I'll say it again...September 30th can't come quickly enough! :D

welcomechris 08-15-2014 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoursAndHours (Post 1139306)
I don't necessarily disagree with you, but I don't immediately see how that relates to what I said? :shrug:

Oops I replied to the wrong one. Sorry

I mean what I say in the nicest way possible and i'm just saying I Don't Care may be a new track, since it is not copyrighted at all

louielouie2000 08-15-2014 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorcerer999 (Post 1139317)
To each his own. I happen to LOVE "Blue Denim". Even if you don't like the song, you have to agree that the vocals were awesome, especially the end. In fact, her vocals throughout the whole "Street Angel" tour were incredibites!

I've never seen what there is to dislike about Blue Denim. It's got a great vocal, a very guitar-driven hook, and it hearkens back to an earlier, cleaner production style for Stevie. That's exactly why I love much of the Street Angel album. Honestly, we're hearing all those same values from these 24k songs, too.

But I digress. I'm totally loving all the shades of Rock A Little we're seeing & hearing in 24k, too. Rock A Little was such a strong album... it was very cohesive, up tempo, and easy to listen to. It was really a departure from anything Stevie had done before. I kinda hate it doesn't get a whole lot of respect among fans.