The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   iTunes Charts (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=54003)

Macfanforever 08-05-2014 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by welcomechris (Post 1137517)
This is what pops up when you first open itunes in the Us

How lovely.

James89 08-05-2014 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James89 (Post 1137542)
I want this album to do really well but it needs a more contemporary and commercial single for it to REALLY get somewhere. I think the best strategy for this album is to see how far The Dealer gets, whether it charts at all and if not the album will already have a great first week sales figure which is when the second single should be released. Stevie can then promote that single on all of the shows and stuff she'll be doing around the time of the albums release which will lead to a decent second week sales figure which is something that many artists don't have. Nowadays, a lot of top 10 debuts plummet fast but luckily Stevie has never really suffered with that, even with IYD which dropped only 10 places in its second week which isn't bad at all and something that a lot of artists really wouldn't mind in today's music industry.

Also, there's more than 60 days worth of pre-orders before the album actually goes on sale so if the album could manage 250 on average being pre-ordered a day in the US that's about 15,000 before the physical CD hits the stores and the album is released!! Hopefully the pre-orders don't fall off the iTunes chart otherwise we'll still be relying on people buying thousands of copies in the all important first week!!! :laugh:

michelej1 08-05-2014 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1137475)
these look really impressive for pre-orders, no?

if this album is really successful and puts Stevie back on the map as a big solo artist, do you all think she will be tempted to leave FM?

If you mean leave them this year or next year, NO. She may not have signed on for a second leg of the tour yet, but she will eventually.

Michele

Macfanforever 08-05-2014 10:54 PM

Her sales-presales probably spike when the Voice premieres and when FM hits the road.I hope they go through the roof.

welcomechris 08-06-2014 11:47 AM

Good and Bad News

'The Dealer" has made it's way back to #9 on the iTunes Rock Chart, but has still not charted at all in the iTunes All Music Charts

"24K Gold" has gone from #32 to #35 on the iTunes All Albums Charts, but remains at #6 on the Rock Charts

James89 08-06-2014 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by welcomechris (Post 1137724)
Good and Bad News

'The Dealer" has made it's way back to #9 on the iTunes Rock Chart, but has still not charted at all in the iTunes All Music Charts

"24K Gold" has gone from #32 to #35 on the iTunes All Albums Charts, but remains at #6 on the Rock Charts

That's all great news to me!!! :D

jkmaletic 08-06-2014 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1137475)
these look really impressive for pre-orders, no?

if this album is really successful and puts Stevie back on the map as a big solo artist, do you all think she will be tempted to leave FM?

I supposed feeling "tempted" could be possible, but she'd never do it, much to your dismay Elle. I'm sure she's been tempted at times after arguing with Lindsey.

:laugh:

Jamie

gldstwmn 08-06-2014 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by welcomechris (Post 1137724)
Good and Bad News

Not bad considering there is only one song from it available...

Jondalar 08-06-2014 03:02 PM

I don't remember In Your Dreams doing well up until a week before its release. The week of its release it did very well but was never number 1.

PenguinHead 08-06-2014 03:15 PM

Anyone who is speculating if Stevie will quit Fleetwood Mac clearly doesn't understand the love/hate relationship she has with the band. Don't forget that Lindsey quit the band in 1987, and Stevie left around 1992. But they both eventually returned. Their solo careers, in tandem with the band, are mutually beneficial. Fleetwood Mac is their musical home, despite the occasional emotional dysfunction.

At this latter stage in their careers, Stevie and Lindsey will be part of Fleetwood Mac until the end. They maintain a healthy creative tension between the two of them, and with the wisdom of age, they aren't as fickle as some would like to think they are.

Bandon 08-06-2014 07:43 PM

I'm don't know a lot about the itunes charts but remember FMs Extended Play charted great world wide for a week or two yet fizzled on the Billboard charts. I still say the radio charts are more indicative of true overall success. We shall see.

pwyll 08-06-2014 08:16 PM

The "banner" was removed from Itunes now. We only got 2 days of it

HoursAndHours 08-06-2014 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pwyll (Post 1137855)
The "banner" was removed from Itunes now. We only got 2 days of it

Huh, I still see it... :shrug:

Jondalar 08-06-2014 09:44 PM

When it comes to sales a double album counts as two sales towards certification

Jondalar 08-07-2014 04:21 AM

They took down her promo banner on iTunes. So soon… wonder what's up.