The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Christine McVie (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   CONFIRMED: Chris is performing in the UK! (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=52599)

MacShadowsBall 09-14-2013 09:51 AM

This is just awesome for Christine to get back out there with the Mac even if it's just for one or two shows. Keep in mind, she hasn't played with them since '98 - that's 15 years ago. So yeah I can see her needing practice and learning how to play in a band again. :cool:

jbrownsjr 09-14-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall (Post 1103152)
This is just awesome for Christine to get back out there with the Mac even if it's just for one or two shows. Keep in mind, she hasn't played with them since '98 - that's 15 years ago. So yeah I can see her needing practice and learning how to play in a band again. :cool:

Yes, they play tunes a bit differently everytime. For example, just an ending of a piece is a big deal. We all stop after 10 measures of this..... You have to pin it down before you go out there..

aleuzzi 09-14-2013 10:25 AM

Maybe for one of the shows--and this is just high hopes--she will play Songbird by herself. No rehearsal needed for that! Oh, one can hope!!!!!

applebucked 09-14-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1103156)
Maybe for one of the shows--and this is just high hopes--she will play Songbird by herself. No rehearsal needed for that! Oh, one can hope!!!!!

If this is going to happen, it would most likely be on her second show. Really hope so.

ejb1969 09-14-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by applebucked (Post 1103020)
Stevie, Mick, and Chris are attending the IYD premiere on Monday, so they're definitely not flying during the weekend.

Good catch!

But I wouldn't rule out Stevie getting out of town. Pollen counts are high right now in London, but not in Ireland. Her allergies might be acting up, hence the glasses...

elle 09-14-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by applebucked (Post 1103126)
Maybe it's a refresher or something. :laugh:

Pretty sure Chris would be interviewed by someone on Monday when she appears for the IYD premiere. Maybe we'll get some answers by then.

hoping they will and she says something. :nod:

can't believe it's less than a week now till the tour starts again! i'm even excited for all of you about all the expectations surrounding Christine! :thumbsup:

applebucked 09-14-2013 11:40 AM

Whatever happens...one song, two songs, a full show (heh, I wish), it's gonna be bloomin' amazing.

jbrownsjr 09-14-2013 02:04 PM

The anticipation of things to come are wonderful and maddening...

michelej1 09-14-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfanforever (Post 1103083)
I was listening to 1010 WINS news radio from NYC tonight before Stevie's crossroads to come on.

They mention that Christine will join FM on stage to do some songs which was the same info on here.

I guess the Christine news is in the media now.

Are you kidding? All of the wires carry the story. I had 600 news clippings and I just deleted them all, so any nuggets of information that weren't a repeat I completely missed, because I couldn't wade through all of that.

Michele

jbrownsjr 09-14-2013 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1103193)
Are you kidding? All of the wires carry the story. I had 600 news clippings and I just deleted them all, so any nuggets of information that weren't a repeat I completely missed, because I couldn't wade through all of that.

Michele

Wow, good for her... she got in the news.

michelej1 09-14-2013 04:49 PM

So, I was thinking that she could come out and just sing with them on World Turning. No playing.

Then after the song is over, Lindsey usually introduces Mick. He can just introduce Mick as usual and let Mick do the regular band introductions and then MICK introduces Christine after John -- or however he wants to do it.

Or, Lindsey could intro Christine right after the song, just say her name only and Mick could give a more elaborate introduction when he does the rest of the band.

THEN . . . Don't Stop.

Remember in the past how Lindsey was supposed to say "Christine McVie" after her song, but if he forgot, then she would just say "Christine McVie" herself? It was pretty funny.

Michele

applebucked 09-15-2013 03:01 AM

Gotta love them. :laugh:

Those spontaneous moments are what The Mac really lacks during the recent years.

Ulpian 09-15-2013 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1103201)
Wow, good for her... she got in the news.

The BBC news item was the most popular entertainment story on their website on Saturday :thumbsup:

applebucked 09-15-2013 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ulpian (Post 1103245)
The BBC news item was the most popular entertainment story on their website on Saturday :thumbsup:

And I'm still getting hits under my "Christine McVie" search results on Twitter.

elle 09-15-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by applebucked (Post 1103246)
And I'm still getting hits under my "Christine McVie" search results on Twitter.

it's great!!

i just set up CM twitter search so i can easily look up what's happening in a week. and i love how many views are in this forum these days> :nod: :thumbsup: