The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Christine McVie (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Trouble in Wickhambreaux (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=43471)

Gailh 03-30-2010 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 880102)
Why'd they say she hadn't been photographed in 10 years if they are running with that photo? Thanks for posting this.

Michele

Looks like she was taken unawares with that one

Gail

joe 03-30-2010 07:58 AM

When I clicked on the link and saw the smaller thumbnail, I knew it probably wasn't going to be a good pic of her. As I clicked on it to enlarge, I had a feeling I shouldn't be doing that. I was right. Not to pick on Christine at all but reality sets in when you haven't seen an older celebrity for a few years and then you see a candid shot. She really is looking older...

Did you notice what's on the dog leash?

"One of us has no balls." lol.

Gailh 03-30-2010 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joe (Post 880194)
When I clicked on the link and saw the smaller thumbnail, I knew it probably wasn't going to be a good pic of her. As I clicked on it to enlarge, I had a feeling I shouldn't be doing that. I was right. Not to pick on Christine at all but reality sets in when you haven't seen an older celebrity for a few years and then you see a candid shot. She really is looking older...

Did you notice what's on the dog leash?

"One of us has no balls." lol.

She is 66. It was clearly a very blustery day, she had no make up on and was probably papped - what do you expect?

the dog lead is brilliant.

Gail

Tango 03-30-2010 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gailh (Post 880198)
She is 66. It was clearly a very blustery day, she had no make up on and was probably papped - what do you expect?

the dog lead is brilliant.

Gail

Papped? As in "pap test"? Please help a few of us Americanized English speakers, please! :lol:

jenniferuk 03-30-2010 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tango (Post 880205)
Papped? As in "pap test"? Please help a few of us Americanized English speakers, please! :lol:

Papped is to get photographed by paparazzi. No doubt the tabloid photographers were waiting in the wings to get a shot of her...they love to catch a celebrity off-guard.

Gailh 03-30-2010 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tango (Post 880205)

Sorry - "papped" - had her picture taken by the paparazzi

Gail

HejiraNYC 03-30-2010 09:57 AM

Seems that Christine is at that point in life where she has to decide between the "fanny or the face." There's no question that a few more kilos would fill out her face quite nicely. Otherwise, gravity can be relentlessly cruel.

That being said, I think Christine doesn't look too bad considering she isn't wearing a stitch of makeup, her hair is an unkempt mess and she's squinting into a "who farted?" grimace. Admittedly she has always had the kind of face that can take on a lot of makeup, so it can be quite startling when she is going out and about "naked." I do have to admit that I prefer seeing her like this than the surprised, frozen expression she sported for The Dance. I suspect that even today, she could still clean up quite nicely and be ready for a photoshoot!

Gailh 03-30-2010 10:05 AM

She's retired now and I'm sure she doesn't want to be bothered with a stupid tabloid rag like the Sunday Express who seem to want to make a story out of nothing.

Gail

seekerj 03-30-2010 11:35 AM

Thank you to everyone who responded to let us Americans know what those British words mean!

I wish I had you all with me when I watched the movie "Snatch"!!!!

Gailh 03-30-2010 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seekerj (Post 880237)
Thank you to everyone who responded to let us Americans know what those British words mean!

I wish I had you all with me when I watched the movie "Snatch"!!!!

Did Guy Ritchie direct that?

Gail

HomerMcvie 03-30-2010 12:54 PM

Wow, I will admit, that I was a little shocked by the photo. But yeah, she's 66, and has her priorities in order. Like someone said, she looks like a little weight might help her "fill out" a little.

At least I now know what a poly-tunnel is.

Gailh 03-30-2010 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 880247)
Wow, I will admit, that I was a little shocked by the photo. But yeah, she's 66, and has her priorities in order. Like someone said, she looks like a little weight might help her "fill out" a little.

At least I now know what a poly-tunnel is.

I wasn't shocked at all by the photo. She was walking her dogs on a windy day and clearly does not feel the need to cover herself in a load of slap (makeup) as she probably doesn't meet photographers every day. She did look a bit grumpy. Brave person to make Christine grumpy

Gail

PS I'm glad you now know what a poly tunnel is - ugly things

ButterCookie 03-30-2010 01:13 PM

I wasn't shocked by it either :) I was really glad she's grown her hair a bit actually, I think it's much nicer that bit longer that to her jawline.

jenniferuk 03-30-2010 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gailh (Post 880245)
Did Guy Ritchie direct that?

Gail

That's the one-he wrote and directed it.

jenniferuk 03-30-2010 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gailh (Post 880250)
I wasn't shocked at all by the photo. She was walking her dogs on a windy day and clearly does not feel the need to cover herself in a load of slap (makeup) as she probably doesn't meet photographers every day. She did look a bit grumpy. Brave person to make Christine grumpy

Gail

PS I'm glad you now know what a poly tunnel is - ugly things

Me neither--not at all shocked by the photo or by the media trying to stir up drama. Probably a typical walk on a typical day but unfortunately she got caught--I do hope that the tabloid photogs aren't lurking about waiting for her.