The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Post-Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Which Album Do You Prefer? BTM or Time (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=31469)

foxyluva 03-02-2007 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiliD (Post 656809)
And, you DO know that Grace Slick wasn't the original singer for Jefferson Airplane, right?

I do know that, but how would it have gone down if they had replaced Grace with another female? Not well I would think.

My point is what Gail said above - Bekka was always going to come across as a cheap knock-off of Stevie, and the general public I doubt would have ever bought into it :shrug:

chiliD 03-02-2007 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxyluva (Post 656985)
I do know that, but how would it have gone down if they had replaced Grace with another female? Not well I would think.

My point is what Gail said above - Bekka was always going to come across as a cheap knock-off of Stevie, and the general public I doubt would have ever bought into it :shrug:

I guess we'll have to agree to acknowledge we are diametrically opposed on this topic.

foxyluva 03-02-2007 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiliD (Post 657012)
I guess we'll have to agree to acknowledge we are diametrically opposed on this topic.

I'll take that :D

BlackWidow 03-02-2007 09:58 PM

Behind The Mask

aleuzzi 03-03-2007 01:06 AM

I prefer Time. BTM is, as everyone else has said, badly produced...the music sounds muddy and generic.

Here are my thoughts on Time. I love all the songs except David Mason's. Some good reasons were explained above as to why he ended up with the band, but in terms of new directions, his presence seems odd at best.

I love Christine's songs on Time but I think, oddly, Time would have been better if she had taken them and completed a solo album...Having just Becka and Billy would have established a core sound. Christine's songs--as fine as they are--don't really sit well alongside theirs. (Don't shoot me.)

Besides, any opportunity for a full Chris solo album would have been awesome...

macfan 57 03-03-2007 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 657202)

And that could easily have happened. She had recorded about 40 or so demos for a solo album, including her Time songs plus "Temporary One" & probably "Easy Come, Easy Go".

Musicman408 03-03-2007 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macfan 57 (Post 657222)
And that could easily have happened. She had recorded about 40 or so demos for a solo album, including her Time songs plus "Temporary One" & probably "Easy Come, Easy Go".

Is there a Temporary One demo floating AROUND????? I HEART THAT SONG!!:]

Matthew 04-21-2007 01:58 PM

Yes, the music on BTM album sounds muddy and generic, but i think that it´s good thing! For example on SYW album are songs very similar.

And because on Time album aren´t Stevie´s voice I can´t vote for it.

But it´s true that I love Nights In Estoril... great song!!!!:blob2:

Richard B 04-21-2007 05:16 PM

BTM is my preferred album, all the way down to the art design. Love it, epecially the album cover. Love the overall sound and songs especially the title track, WTSGD and Stand On The Rock, which was great live too.

Time is decent, not great though and they were really trying way too hard to salvage Stevie not being there. I prefer bekka with The Zoo/Shaking The Cage. They really didn't need another female vocalist. This album is a bit cream puff and Mason tracks are terrible. C'mon, Blow by Blow is just that. It blows.

Musicman408 04-21-2007 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 657202)
I prefer Time. BTM is, as everyone else has said, badly produced...the music sounds muddy and generic.

Here are my thoughts on Time. I love all the songs except David Mason's. Some good reasons were explained above as to why he ended up with the band, but in terms of new directions, his presence seems odd at best.

I love Christine's songs on Time but I think, oddly, Time would have been better if she had taken them and completed a solo album...Having just Becka and Billy would have established a core sound. Christine's songs--as fine as they are--don't really sit well alongside theirs. (Don't shoot me.)

See, I've always liked the sound of BTM.... I don't know how to describe it, but I always say it has kind of a glossy sound to me. OSOTM is the same way..... Sort of.:lol: