The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   LINDSEY performance with LeeLee "Landslide" May 17 (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58687)

Street_Dreamer 05-19-2019 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1252738)
Waiting for the people to swoop in and say, “He looks healthy. Now maybe you can FINALLY get over it.” Nope. I will never get over it.

Well they can't use THAT now! You beat them to the punch!

mylittledemon 05-19-2019 03:08 AM

Thank heavens. He looks great, he can still play, and what a special song to be able to sing with his daughter and her classmates. He's back! :thumbsup:

HomerMcvie 05-19-2019 03:08 AM

I hope Lindsey never goes back. F*ck them. Fleetwood Mac SUCKS now. The f*cking douchebag diva show.

Macfan4life 05-19-2019 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1252748)
I hope Lindsey never goes back. F*ck them. Fleetwood Mac SUCKS now. The f*cking douchebag diva show.

I could not agree more. It scares me, worries me, and makes me sick to think of it. To treat someone like a piece of disposable furniture. In 2 years some sort of reunion show?
Even the new guys would get reminded they were never real members. Just a suit and guitar on stage to get through the next stage.

I vote NO

sleepless child 05-19-2019 07:58 AM

Loved this. I'm so glad we got to see this. I was wondering how Lindsey was doing.

michelej1 05-19-2019 12:34 PM

I admire LeeLee’s poise. What composure for one so young. She may have teared up. It looks like the first video stopped before that might have happened. She may have lost a few words. I can’t be sure. But lovely reserve. How proud he must be of those girls.

Although, if the oldest kid is laying on the floor smoking pot with his friends, that might turn out ok too!

annabellee 05-19-2019 04:01 PM

I am happy that Lindsey is back! However, what a way to hijack graduation for every other kid in the school. And to do it with Stevie's song is bizarre. I don't get these people.

elle 05-19-2019 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by annabellee (Post 1252752)
I am happy that Lindsey is back! However, what a way to hijack graduation for every other kid in the school. And to do it with Stevie's song is bizarre. I don't get these people.

seriously, you apparently do not, trying to find or make up a negative out of something completely amazing.

he was behaving extremely humbly, as just an accompanist to the choir in the school full of celebrity kids. if you ever saw any chorus or orchestra concert in any MS or HS, it would look just like this, and accompanist would actually take a bow at the end, he didn't even do that.

button-lip 05-19-2019 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by annabellee (Post 1252752)

If you took the time to watch the vid closely you will see all the other girls around Leelee were smiling, so I don't know where you get the idea that they were not happy.

And yes, they're a bizarre group. Starting with Stevie kicking Lindsey out of the band without a valid reason. :wavey:

annabellee 05-19-2019 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1252753)
seriously, you apparently do not, trying to find or make up a negative out of something completely amazing.

he was behaving extremely humbly, as just an accompanist to the choir in the school full of celebrity kids. if you ever saw any chorus or orchestra concert in any MS or HS, it would look just like this, and accompanist would actually take a bow at the end, he didn't even do that.

I didn't say anything negative. I said it was bizarre. As a teacher, I've watched many moving up/stepping up/graduation ceremonies focused on one or two students because of a parent who chose to make it about him or her and the child. It should be about all of the students. Don't pretend like it's something else and don't come at me for calling it out.

michelej1 05-19-2019 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by annabellee (Post 1252755)
I didn't say anything negative. I said it was bizarre. As a teacher, I've watched many moving up/stepping up/graduation ceremonies focused on one or two students because of a parent who chose to make it about him or her and the child. It should be about all of the students. Don't pretend like it's something else and don't come at me for calling it out.

I don’t think it was focused on one or two students. We only saw the very short clip starting just before LeeLee. They seemed to be going in sequence. I take it that several students performed before she did and a couple after her as well.

Why you would assume a short clip taken by one student’s Mother from a song that went on for 4-5 minutes means they hijacked the ceremony is beyond me.

annabellee 05-19-2019 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1252756)
I don’t think it was focused on one or two students. We only saw the very short clip starting just before LeeLee. They seemed to be going in sequence. I take it that several students performed before she did and a couple after her as well.

Why you would assume a short clip taken by one student’s Mother from a song that went on for 4-5 minutes means they hijacked the ceremony is beyond me.

Yes, it is beyond you.

John Run 05-19-2019 05:46 PM

You came to this thread for no other reason than to rile Lindsey fans, in their first moment of affirmation that his health is improving.

Nothing more than the post of a self - satisfied narcissist who wants to turn joy into vitriol in order to please the pen of drooling swine that is your ego.

HomerMcvie 05-19-2019 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by annabellee (Post 1252757)
Yes, it is beyond you.

How rude! :mad:

You did come here just to antagonize for the goat crowd

michelej1 05-19-2019 06:30 PM

Also, pre-heart surgery I would not be a fan of that old t-shirt, but I like seeing him in it in these clips and I like seeing his neck. Now, I don’t have to worry that Lindsey’s going to start wearing ascots to cover his scars or anything. Go nameless school guitarist!