The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   NOMINATIONS: Favorite Song (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=45407)

MacShadowsBall 12-25-2010 01:25 PM

Nominations Update

The nominations close in 5 hours. Please vote!:wavey:

BaronVonBielski 12-25-2010 03:16 PM

With the choices listed, I selected The Chain. The best song from the best era listed. Lotsa great songs to choose from though, I wish FM would play a bit more older tunes on occasion. I know they play Oh Well which is an awesome song, but Hypnotized is a good one among others to add.

elle 12-25-2010 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaronVonBielski (Post 929464)
With the choices listed, I selected The Chain. The best song from the best era listed. Lotsa great songs to choose from though, I wish FM would play a bit more older tunes on occasion. I know they play Oh Well which is an awesome song, but Hypnotized is a good one among others to add.

Yeah, I'm glad they play Oh Well in concerts again.

Hypnotized is a great song, it's a shame it has zero votes here. But if you look at 1975 concert versions on youtube, Lindsey didn't do it nearly the justice it deserves:distress:... although maybe now when he's older and has a completely different voice, he might do it better.

MacShadowsBall 12-25-2010 05:27 PM

Nominations close in 1 hour. I voted for my favorite, Gypsy. :)

MissLadyLoki 12-25-2010 05:29 PM

i can't vote, but I would've gone with The Chain

MacShadowsBall 12-25-2010 06:55 PM

Nominations Results

And here are the results...

The Chain - 16 nominations
Rhiannon - 11 nominations
Gypsy - 10 nominations

Oh Well - 5 nominations
Sara - 5 nominations
Why - 4 nominations
Black Magic Woman - 0 nominations
Hypnotized - 0 nominations
In the Back of My Mind - 0 nominations

The Chain, Rhiannon, and Gypsy are moving on to the Favorite Song Finals. :angel:

Oh Well, Sara, Why, Black Magic Woman, Hypnotized, In the Back of My Mind are all out of the battle of the songs. :sorry:

Check back Monday evening for the Finals in the Battle of the Songs.

TerraRhiannon 12-25-2010 11:22 PM

You predicted it too well, Cassie!
All three of these songs deserve to be in the Fleetwood Mac hall of fame, all so beautifully written and played.

MissLadyLoki 12-26-2010 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TerraRhiannon (Post 929519)
You predicted it too well, Cassie!
All three of these songs deserve to be in the Fleetwood Mac hall of fame, all so beautifully written and played.

I had originally thought that Silver Springs was gonna win the whole thing (I found a poll on the Penguin from a few years ago that had it winning by a landslide, no pun intended :lol:). Now, once the poll got underway, I had a feeling one of those 3 would win it.

elle 12-26-2010 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissLadyLoki (Post 929553)
I had originally thought that Silver Springs was gonna win the whole thing (I found a poll on the Penguin from a few years ago that had it winning by a landslide, no pun intended :lol:). Now, once the poll got underway, I had a feeling one of those 3 would win it.

i originally thought it was going to be go your own way (i still think it should be, but:laugh:)...

MissLadyLoki 12-26-2010 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 929559)
i originally thought it was going to be go your own way (i still think it should be, but:laugh:)...

I had afeeling it was gonna be Go Your Own Way too. In fact, it came fifth on this poll from 2000 and yes, I know it's was done when i was in the 4th grade, but when i found it, I initially thought this poll could serve as a basis for this contest.

EDIT: i realized 2 things: this poll was done 3 years after The Dance, so the Silver Springs from it could still be strong in fans' minds. And the fact that it was done when i was in the 4th grade, and considering I'm a college junior now, kinda says something about how old it is :lol:

vivfox 12-26-2010 01:45 PM

Even though I voted for Sara, I knew The Chain was gonna win because that song, more than any other, defines what is Rumours era Mac more than any other on that list. But I'd rather hear Sara, thank you very much.

MacShadowsBall 12-26-2010 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissLadyLoki (Post 929562)
I had afeeling it was gonna be Go Your Own Way too. In fact, it came fifth on this poll from 2000 and yes, I know it's was done when i was in the 4th grade, but when i found it, I initially thought this poll could serve as a basis for this contest.

EDIT: i realized 2 things: this poll was done 3 years after The Dance, so the Silver Springs from it could still be strong in fans' minds. And the fact that it was done when i was in the 4th grade, and considering I'm a college junior now, kinda says something about how old it is :lol:

Yeah, before I started this battle of the songs, I looked back through the archives on the Ledge for all the different variations of song contest that had been done. None of them broke it down by vocalist, which was the basis of this battle. They did a lot of album survivor type contest. On contest came down to Rhiannon vs The Chain, I believe. Usually Christine's song were picked off first with Stevie's winning...:rolleyes: My way here seemed more fair and even. Gypsy is the one that has surprised me alot. I'm thrilled though since its my favorite FM Song!