The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   What in the hell? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=23425)

Brwn_eyes0511 10-25-2005 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gldstwmn
You can't seek punitive damages without proving intent. I merely pointed out that in fact your statement of a "dream" is really delusional.

I know what punitive damages are dear. And I didn't need you to point it out to me. Yet somehow you feel the need to "correct" someone every chance you get.

dissention 10-25-2005 12:38 PM

Quote:

Well, hold on to them and hopefully we'll get to use them soon. I'm starting to sound like a broken record but this waiting is killing me.

I can just picture Petty watching the news and singing "The waiting is the hardest part." :laugh:

heyjupiter678 10-25-2005 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brwn_eyes0511
IS DRIVING ME CRAZY! If you say you are going to do something then please do it!

I feel your pain. You've been threatening to leave us for months now, but you never actually do. ;)

Brwn_eyes0511 10-25-2005 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heyjupiter678
I feel your pain. You've been threatening to leave us for months now, but you never actually do. ;)

That's because I was talked into staying by some.

JazmenFlowers 10-25-2005 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShangriLaTroubl
Don't be so sure! Often big companies like that will pay you off just to keep it out of the media! You should atleast write them a threatening letter!

Chris

yep...I've seen this happen before

gldstwmn 10-25-2005 01:16 PM

Quote:

I know what punitive damages are dear.

You do now.;)

Brwn_eyes0511 10-25-2005 01:20 PM

Quote:

You do now.;)

No I know what they are because I have had Civil Litigation for an entire year and Torts for a semester.

DavidMn 10-25-2005 01:21 PM

Quote:

I was just eating some Cheez-Its...grabbed a handful...put them in my mouth...started chewing and bit down on something hard. I pulled it out and it was a chunk of something metal-like, about the size of a dime! :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :distress:

WHAT THE HELL!?!?

No scams allowed....:lol:

dissention 10-25-2005 01:22 PM

Quote:

No I know what they are because I have had Civil Litigation for an entire year and Torts for a semester.

Why would a conservative like you want to waste the court's time with such a frivolous lawsuit? ;)

Richard B 10-25-2005 01:23 PM

Quote:

That's true...my tooth wouldn't like the bug either!

Maybe I should sue. Of course I know the case would never make it anywhere!

But I could dream....

Millions of dollars in punitive damages, owning the company and remarketing "Cheez-Its" to "Brandon-Its" catchy huh?

If I got anything it would be a small amount in nominal damages! DAMN!

This would be too litigious of a suit. I think you should call Cheez-Its and they will act mortified that this happend and send you a ****load of free product.

A long time ago, a colleague and I were sharing a bag of Dorito's and toward the bottom of the bag was a 2" round season ball. It was the most disconcerting looking ball of yuck. Called up Doritos to report this season blob. Not a week later was a box of a dozen bags of Doritos delivered to our offices.

Now, this was a while ago, so I think they deal with free coupons now. Good luck...don't let it go! But don't sue either. You did put them in your mouth without looking.

Brwn_eyes0511 10-25-2005 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dissention
Why would a conservative like you want to waste the court's time with such a frivolous lawsuit? ;)

I was just joking! This whole thing was a joke (except for me actually finding the metal thing), but somehow it's still all about politics.

You guys are no good for a bad day! :distress:

The Tower 10-25-2005 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heyjupiter678

Quote:

That's because I was talked into staying by some.

:wavey: Alas, that would be me. I've championed myself to the cause of midwiving him out of the closet. It's a tough job, but with a little spit and elbow grease I'll get the job done!

dissention 10-25-2005 01:32 PM

Quote:

I was just joking!

So was I, but I couldn't resist since you said you took tort classes.

Neal 10-25-2005 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Tower
:wavey: Alas, that would be me. I've championed myself to the cause of midwiving him out of the closet. It's a tough job, but with a little spit and elbow grease I'll get the job done!

I have a feeling it won't take much spit or elbow grease at all... :woohoo:

strandinthewind 10-25-2005 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neal
I have a feeling it won't take much spit or elbow grease at all... :woohoo:

Judy Garland anyone :eek: