The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New Material for Greatest Hits? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=50893)

TrueFaith77 10-17-2012 12:30 PM

I think the greatest hits should be just Lindsey/Stevie singles during which Lindsey/Stevie were around, including BN singles ... and maybe even including "Twister".

BombaySapphire3 10-17-2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 (Post 1065972)
I think the greatest hits should be just Lindsey/Stevie singles during which Lindsey/Stevie were around, including BN singles ... and maybe even including "Twister".

Would probably never happen since Christine had as many top 20 singles in Fleetwood Mac as Lindsey and Stevie combined and if you go top 40 she beats them 10 to 8.Although at this point I would think most of the casual boomer fans that the hits collections are geared toward are pretty well saturated .Leaving only the diehards (us) who they presume will buy anything.:shrug:

moon 10-17-2012 01:36 PM

But if it's going to be about Lindsey/Stevie solo songs, they should include some Chris songs too. Temporary One, or another from her solo career that she performed with the band, or not. Temporary One is not a bad choice, is recent, is new, but I don't know if they should ask Chris for her songs, reading again that she has nothing to do with that FM will do in 2013.
Regards!

Fannymac 10-17-2012 01:43 PM

Yeah....we can FINALLY have "Ricky" on CD!!!:blob2:

chiliD 10-17-2012 03:38 PM

It just irks the hell out of me that every time Fleetwood Mac talks about touring it becomes a "reunion tour". :mad: They really never went away or SAID they were broken up...they're just on hiatus. Coming back from a hiatus is NOT a "reunion". Now, if Peter Green & Jeremy Spencer were on board, or if Christine decided to finally get out of town & join up, then yeah, it's a reunion. But, just Mick, John, Lindsey & Stevie (and the "add-ons")? It doesn't qualify as a "reunion", it's just their next band project after an extended break for solo work.

The only FMac tour in the past 30 years that qualifies as a "reunion tour" is 1997's The Dance tour. Other than that, no.

WeepingWall 10-17-2012 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiliD (Post 1065978)
It just irks the hell out of me that every time Fleetwood Mac talks about touring it becomes a "reunion tour". :mad: They really never went away or SAID they were broken up...they're just on hiatus. Coming back from a hiatus is NOT a "reunion". Now, if Peter Green & Jeremy Spencer were on board, or if Christine decided to finally get out of town & join up, then yeah, it's a reunion. But, just Mick, John, Lindsey & Stevie (and the "add-ons")? It doesn't qualify as a "reunion", it's just their next band project after an extended break for solo work.

The only FMac tour in the past 30 years that qualifies as a "reunion tour" is 1997's The Dance tour. Other than that, no.

This always annoys me as well. I guess it is to make it more of a big deal in the press, but it certainly doesn't make any sense. It should just say "Fleetwood Mac to tour again in 2013!" Though reunite does mean, "come together or cause to come together again after a period of separation or disunity," and under that definition, calling it a reunion tour isn't necessarily wrong, just misleading.

estranged4life 10-17-2012 04:07 PM

ANOTHER greatest hits album?

No thanks! I will pass on this one.

PenguinHead 10-17-2012 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeepingWall (Post 1065979)
This always annoys me as well. I guess it is to make it more of a big deal in the press, but it certainly doesn't make any sense. It should just say "Fleetwood Mac to tour again in 2013!" Though reunite does mean, "come together or cause to come together again after a period of separation or disunity," and under that definition, calling it a reunion tour isn't necessarily wrong, just misleading.

I feel exactly the same. Every time the band gets together the media deems it a reunion - the inference being that the band had broken up. They can't grasp the dynamics of how the band works.

PenguinHead 10-17-2012 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moon (Post 1065974)
But if it's going to be about Lindsey/Stevie solo songs, they should include some Chris songs too. Temporary One, or another from her solo career that she performed with the band, or not. Temporary One is not a bad choice, is recent, is new, but I don't know if they should ask Chris for her songs, reading again that she has nothing to do with that FM will do in 2013.
Regards!

I prefer that they not perform any of Christine's songs. I didn't like the Lindsey/Stevie version of Don't Stop. I rather hear/see them perform the songs they wrote. This is essentially the Buckingham Nicks era of the band. In my twisted perspective, it shows respect not to attempt to cover her songs: the results will be a poor comparison to the originals.

fairydust75 10-17-2012 06:29 PM

I would be thrilled beyond words if Buckingham Nicks could actually work together and just let the magic happen. But egos, emotions, jealousy, contempt, anger, and resentment would hav't be banished from all reality as we know it.

Jondalar 10-17-2012 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by estranged4life (Post 1065981)
No thanks! I will pass on this one.

Dido, pass gas

BombaySapphire3 10-17-2012 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1065993)
Dido, pass gas

How do Dido's gastrointestinal habits figure in this thread?:shrug:

Dr.Brown 10-17-2012 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 (Post 1065994)
How do Dido's gastrointestinal habits figure in this thread?:shrug:

Guess they'd rather listen to an album of Dido's latest gastrointestinal releases (perhaps entitled "Say You Go"?) :sorry: rather than yet another
"Greatest Hits" retread.

Can't say I blame them. :distress:

Damn, this is the last thing I should be commenting on given my username. :shocked:

BombaySapphire3 10-17-2012 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Brown (Post 1065996)
Guess they'd rather listen to an album of Dido's latest gastrointestinal releases (perhaps entitled "Say You Go"?) :sorry: rather than yet another
"Greatest Hits" retread.

Can't say I blame them. :distress:

Damn, this is the last thing I should be commenting on given my username. :shocked:

Right ..you might easily be mistaken for a proctologist.:laugh:

APerfectLie 10-18-2012 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moon (Post 1065974)
Regards!

I would KILL for a studio version of Temporary One!