The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Stevie threw a chair at Chris during argument? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58261)

NotonRodeo 10-26-2018 10:36 AM

Now I wonder what could have sparked that argument. Maybe Christine McVie smirked at the Goat Queen. But no, women aren't abusive! Only Lindsey is!

HomerMcvie 10-26-2018 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotonRodeo (Post 1242309)
Now I wonder what could have sparked that argument. Maybe Christine McVie smirked at the Goat Queen. But no, women aren't abusive! Only Lindsey is!

The "victims" :p have their wagons in a circle, and they're not listening. Men are bad and mean!

David 10-26-2018 12:01 PM

I wonder if it was the Second Hand News chair during the Rumours tour.

jbrownsjr 10-26-2018 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1242314)
I wonder if it was the Second Hand News chair during the Rumours tour.

And Christine was still playing it with her little drum-sticks. :laugh::wavey:

HejiraNYC 10-26-2018 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1242256)
According to Ed it is, when it's a woman committing the violence. #edtoo

I didn't say that, so stop it. Look, if you think man-on-man or woman-on-woman violence is equivalent to man-on-woman violence, then you're truly sick. Get help. :wavey:

jmn3 10-26-2018 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HejiraNYC (Post 1242319)
I didn't say that, so stop it. Look, if you think man-on-man or woman-on-woman violence is equivalent to man-on-woman violence, then you're truly sick. Get help. :wavey:

Unless we are talking about self-defense, violence against another human is wrong. It ends there. There aren't varying degrees of acceptability - it is always wrong.

With respect to Fleetwood Mac, Stevie is on record as talking about how she went after Lindsey and attacked him. I don't care how short she is, how much she weighed at the time, what prescription drug was forcibly shoved down her throat by Dr. Meanie, it was wrong. Him doing whatever he did to her in that concert in 1980 was wrong. It's all wrong and why this ancient history even gets rehashed as any justification for what happened in 2018 to this band is beyond me.

HomerMcvie 10-26-2018 12:36 PM

Quote:

You get help, Ed. Three different people have messaged me today, concerning YOU. They say you're a nice person in real life, and don't know why you're such an ASS on the Ledge. Seriously. Get some help, Ed.

NotonRodeo 10-26-2018 12:40 PM

Quote:

So Stevie thwacking Christine with a chair is not a problem? It is not abuse or violence? What an utter lack of morals or sense :mad:

Admin! What has happened to my request to be delisted? It shames me to be in the same forum with such amoral people who can actually defend Stevie attacking Chris with a chair.

HejiraNYC 10-26-2018 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmn3 (Post 1242320)
Unless we are talking about self-defense, violence against another human is wrong. It ends there. There aren't varying degrees of acceptability - it is always wrong.

With respect to Fleetwood Mac, Stevie is on record as talking about how she went after Lindsey and attacked him. I don't care how short she is, how much she weighed at the time, what prescription drug was forcibly shoved down her throat by Dr. Meanie, it was wrong. Him doing whatever he did to her in that concert in 1980 was wrong. It's all wrong and why this ancient history even gets rehashed as any justification for what happened in 2018 to this band is beyond me.

Of course it's all wrong. Geez, I've already stated that a bajillion times! My point is about false equivalence.

HejiraNYC 10-26-2018 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1242321)
You get help, Ed. Three different people have messaged me today, concerning YOU. They say you're a nice person in real life, and don't know why you're such an ASS on the Ledge. Seriously. Get some help, Ed.

I don't know 3 people who remain on the Ledge so quit yer lying. Also, um, isn't calling me an "ASS" technically in violation of the code of conduct here? Moderator, please look into this.

And, seriously, for YOU to call me that? Seriously??!!

HejiraNYC 10-26-2018 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotonRodeo (Post 1242323)
So Stevie thwacking Christine with a chair is not a problem? It is not abuse or violence? What an utter lack of morals or sense :mad:

Admin! What has happened to my request to be delisted? It shames me to be in the same forum with such amoral people who can actually defend Stevie attacking Chris with a chair.

Ugh, another failure at reading comprehension. I never defended anyone. If it happened (which I suspect a mountain is being made of a molehill), of course it's wrong. But it doesn't rise to the level of man-on-woman violence. To make those equivalent is the very definition of amoral. So, yes, you should be ashamed.

saniette 10-26-2018 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HejiraNYC (Post 1242327)
Ugh, another failure at reading comprehension. I never defended anyone. If it happened (which I suspect a mountain is being made of a molehill), of course it's wrong. But it doesn't rise to the level of man-on-woman violence. To make those equivalent is the very definition of amoral. So, yes, you should be ashamed.

No, it's actually amoral to assert a special difference between male and female violence. They are equals from a moral/legal standpoint, and thus there is no false equivalency. Female violence is not somehow less bad than male violence, just because of biological differences. Which by the way is an interesting argument to make in this day and age.

And I think mountain out of molehill would also describe Lindsey's onstage incident brought up ad nauseam around here.

HomerMcvie 10-26-2018 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saniette (Post 1242330)
No, it's actually amoral to assert a special difference between male and female violence. They are equals from a moral/legal standpoint, and thus there is no false equivalency. Female violence is not somehow less bad than male violence, just because of biological differences. Which by the way is an interesting argument to make in this day and age.

And I think mountain out of molehill would also describe Lindsey's onstage incident brought up ad nauseam around here.

Ed's on his high horse. Don't waste your time...

NotonRodeo 10-26-2018 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HejiraNYC (Post 1242327)

So you are accusing me of being unable to read? Personal insult!

And how is a man attacking a woman different from a woman doing so? How? Does the chair consider whether it is being wielded by a male or a female before being thrown? So it's all right for Chris to be thwacked with a chair as long as it's Stevie and not John doing it, that is not abuse? And you have the temerity to say I should be ashamed? Who the F do you think you are!

Disgraceful. You just can't accept your Goat Queen is an ogress.

sodascouts 10-26-2018 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotonRodeo (Post 1242323)

If you don't want your name to be visible on the forum, this isn't the way to go about it.