The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The best way to get Stevie involved in the studio (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=56320)

Ulpian 09-18-2016 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp (Post 1191262)
Sorry but the fact that FM has not put out any new material since "SYW" is 100% Mick, John, Lindsey's and now Christine's fault...

Extended Play was new material.

BlueDenimLamp 09-18-2016 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ulpian (Post 1191263)
Extended Play was new material.

"Without You" is a 35 year old "Buckingham Nicks" song that FM simply re-recorded...3 new songs in 13 years is quite a productive streak...

lilyfee 09-18-2016 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp (Post 1191262)
If only FM could put their egos & bank accounts aside and do something "Just for fun"

Sadly, they aren't. Stevie is the only one even suggesting she might do something unprecedented with 24KG... First by merely recording this album of old demos, and now touring behind it with the promise of alternative setlists and songs rarely played. When it comes down to it, she acknowledges that a new FM album will probably not sell well and yet she's the only one saying they might go back to their roots by making an album just for the fun of it. She has done something so innovative even before 24KG, when she gave us Enchanted.

Furthermore, look at her promoting her new tour -- she's all over the media giving interviews and putting herself out there right now. Are the other members capable of this kind of self-promotion?

I think Stevie really is just sensitive. I think FM could literally sweet talk her back in the studio just by acting like they appreciate her.

BLY 09-18-2016 11:04 AM

Something tells me she has layed down some tracks and has added her vocals to previous recorded songs by the group so Lindsey has something to work on for the next 90 days.

bombaysaffires 09-18-2016 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilyfee (Post 1191266)
She has done something so innovative even before 24KG, when she gave us Enchanted.

I'm not sure putting out a greatest hits compilation with a few additional unreleased tracks and soundtrack songs qualifies as "innovative". It's pretty standard. And there are far better boxed sets out there... The Heartbreakers' "Playback" was one....

bwboy 09-18-2016 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1191226)
Tell her they will be honoring her with a special award int he studio. She'll show up because all she cares about now is adulation. That's why she likes touring. Her ego is out of control. Former fan here.

Stevie has never seemed like one who lives for awards. She seems more invested in her fans rather than critical acclaim.

aleuzzi 09-18-2016 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLY (Post 1191267)
Something tells me she has layed down some tracks and has added her vocals to previous recorded songs by the group so Lindsey has something to work on for the next 90 days.

I like your optimism. I don't want to hope....but....

aleuzzi 09-18-2016 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilyfee (Post 1191266)
Sadly, they aren't. Stevie is the only one even suggesting she might do something unprecedented with 24KG... First by merely recording this album of old demos, and now touring behind it with the promise of alternative setlists and songs rarely played. When it comes down to it, she acknowledges that a new FM album will probably not sell well and yet she's the only one saying they might go back to their roots by making an album just for the fun of it. She has done something so innovative even before 24KG, when she gave us Enchanted.

Furthermore, look at her promoting her new tour -- she's all over the media giving interviews and putting herself out there right now. Are the other members capable of this kind of self-promotion?

I think Stevie really is just sensitive. I think FM could literally sweet talk her back in the studio just by acting like they appreciate her.

Stevie's aggressive self-promotion and concern for her posterity have little to do with keeping current and viable as an artist. She's still riding the "I wrote Landslide" train. Meanwhile LB and CM have written and recorded new material.

At the end of the day, she could and should do what she wants. But LB and CM shouldn't wait for her. They should release the music as a duet.

FuzzyPlum 09-18-2016 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLY (Post 1191267)

Sorry mate. Something tells me that's sooooo wishful thinking.
SHE JUST ISN'T INTERESTED

I can't remember where it was mentioned but it was suggested they had worked on a couple of old recordings. I get the impression that was more of an effort by the others to entice her in rather than her being directly involved as a means for creating new material.

FuzzyPlum 09-18-2016 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1191274)
Stevie's aggressive self-promotion and concern for her posterity have little to do with keeping current and viable as an artist. She's still riding the "I wrote Landslide" train. Meanwhile LB and CM have written and recorded new material.

At the end of the day, she could and should do what she wants. But LB and CM shouldn't wait for her. They should release the music as a duet.

If they don't do something together (or even solo) then I'd be surprised with Lindsey in particular. Lets wait and see what Christine has to say in this recent interview she did.

BlueDenimLamp 09-18-2016 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1191276)
Lets wait and see what Christine has to say in this recent interview she did.

No word on when it comes out...

jenniferuk 09-18-2016 04:20 PM

The interviewer replied it will be out next week (which is now this week) and available at @theartsdesk

Murrow 09-18-2016 05:07 PM

To my mind the best way to do it is... don't. Let's face it having both her and LB in the band these days just creates fireworks and they are no longer of the constructive variety. The other four all get on fine. They've got an album's worth ready to go, come on Mick just give her an ultimatum like you did with Lindsey in 87!!!

SteveMacD 09-18-2016 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murrow (Post 1191280)
To my mind the best way to do it is... don't. Let's face it having both her and LB in the band these days just creates fireworks and they are no longer of the constructive variety. The other four all get on fine. They've got an album's worth ready to go, come on Mick just give her an ultimatum like you did with Lindsey in 87!!!

That's the perplexing part to me. Mick stood up to Peter Green when he basically was the band, he stood up to Lindsey on several occasions, and he told Christine that she was either in or out. I don't get how or why he lost his b . . . backbone.

HomerMcvie 09-19-2016 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1191284)
That's the perplexing part to me. Mick stood up to Peter Green when he basically was the band, he stood up to Lindsey on several occasions, and he told Christine that she was either in or out. I don't get how or why he lost his b . . . backbone.

Because(and you know that I HATE it) old goats her name became the face of FM. The days of reinvention are over. As much as you and I LOVE the rest of the band far more than her, this IS what it is.

And if one of them(other than Stevie) dies before they release another album, I'll blame the old goat until the day I die.:woohoo: