The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   So who owns the rights to the Buckingham Nicks album? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59193)

WatchChain 03-24-2021 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1265476)
I will make a prediction. Flame me or praise me in a few years if it happens. I do think it will be released and it will be a springboard to bring Lindsey back into the band and Stevie will say all that "water under the bridge" stuff. Mick will love it because it will promote their farewell tour even more. He may even get 4 more meet and greets per show out of this one. The band and Buckingham Nicks will then have gone full circle. Dont let me down again will be played again with Stevie introducing it as her father's favorite song.

Is anyone writing this down?

You are spot on and have called it exactly. There's absolutely no doubt in my mind that, barring any deaths or major strokes, Buckingham will end up back in this band with a scaled back "Farewell Tour" from the Rumours lineup.

I'll go one step further. This has been management's plan all the time and we've all been strung along. Did Stevie and Lindsey have a fight after Music Cares? Was she furious? Did she throw a tantrum and refuse to work with Lindsey? YES and YES to all these questions. However, this woman changes her mind like she changes beaded shawls. Mick and the management team will put a spin on it and play it all in their favor. Mick knows how to pull Stevie's strings to keep her happy.

I'm predicting tears, long speeches about "cyclical growth and catharsis", forgiveness. Cha-ching. The cash will roll in and I WILL BE there eating it up the same way I have for 44 years. Throw two Buckingham Nicks songs into the regurgitated set list and hit the road. They don't call us "punters" for nothing.

Is anyone writing this down? :laugh:

jbrownsjr 03-25-2021 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WatchChain (Post 1265720)
You are spot on and have called it exactly. There's absolutely no doubt in my mind that, barring any deaths or major strokes, Buckingham will end up back in this band with a scaled back "Farewell Tour" from the Rumours lineup.

I'll go one step further. This has been management's plan all the time and we've all been strung along. Did Stevie and Lindsey have a fight after Music Cares? Was she furious? Did she throw a tantrum and refuse to work with Lindsey? YES and YES to all these questions. However, this woman changes her mind like she changes beaded shawls. Mick and the management team will put a spin on it and play it all in their favor. Mick knows how to pull Stevie's strings to keep her happy.

I'm predicting tears, long speeches about "cyclical growth and catharsis", forgiveness. Cha-ching. The cash will roll in and I WILL BE there eating it up the same way I have for 44 years. Throw two Buckingham Nicks songs into the regurgitated set list and hit the road. They don't call us "punters" for nothing.

Is anyone writing this down? :laugh:

I wished she changed shawls. She wears the same horrible outfit with those garage sale looking smelly gloves. Someone had to say it!

jmn3 03-25-2021 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1265727)
I wished she changed shawls. She wears the same horrible outfit with those garage sale looking smelly gloves. Someone had to say it!

Maybe this is just the guy in me, but I never gave a rat's behind about the shawls. Like, ooooh let me get THE STAND BACK SHAWL OUT!!! It's the same one since 1983!!!! THE STAND BACK SHAWLL!!!!!!! HERE COMES THE GOLD DUST WOMAN SHAWWWWWLLLLLL!!!! I never understood why anyone cares about this stuff.

And don't even get me started on all the crap hanging from her mic stand!

HomerMcvie 03-25-2021 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmn3 (Post 1265730)
Maybe this is just the guy in me, but I never gave a rat's behind about the shawls. Like, ooooh let me get THE STAND BACK SHAWL OUT!!! It's the same one since 1983!!!! THE STAND BACK SHAWLL!!!!!!! HERE COMES THE GOLD DUST WOMAN SHAWWWWWLLLLLL!!!! I never understood why anyone cares about this stuff.

OMFG. THIS. I have never given two sh*ts about what $he's wearing, or ANY of that crap. I thought it was stupid back in the day, when $he'd change clothes several times during a show. I remember people mocking her for it.

Macfan4life 03-25-2021 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1265738)
OMFG. THIS. I have never given two sh*ts about what $he's wearing, or ANY of that crap. I thought it was stupid back in the day, when $he'd change clothes several times during a show. I remember people mocking her for it.

The Pittsburgh Press concert reviewer of her 1983 show stated:

She changed clothes so many times that the concert seemed to be a "What happened to Stevie game show" because her band seemed confused what songs were to be played next.

sue 03-25-2021 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmn3 (Post 1265730)

I don’t care about any of that stuff, either...

But especially the platform Boots..
What’s that all about...she is so stuck in the 1970s.
I’m surprised she can even walk.
I used to love all of that hippy stuff....BUT it was a lifetime ago.

jmn3 03-25-2021 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sue (Post 1265742)
I don’t care about any of that stuff, either...

But especially the platform Boots..
What’s that all about...she is so stuck in the 1970s.
I’m surprised she can even walk.
I used to love all of that hippy stuff....BUT it was a lifetime ago.

Compare her to Christine, who even in her mid to late 70's, always looks good. I'd say her style is conservative, classic, stylish. Stevie's look is purposely in a time warp and it honestly ages her and at times has gone to pure ridiculousness.

BombaySapphire3 03-25-2021 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmn3 (Post 1265743)
Compare her to Christine, who even in her mid to late 70's, always looks good. I'd say her style is conservative, classic, stylish. Stevie's look is purposely in a time warp and it honestly ages her and at times has gone to pure ridiculousness.

She is the Baby Jane Hudson of rock and roll now.

jbrownsjr 03-25-2021 01:54 PM

Honestly, Stevie's outfit looks so ridiculous, I can't even. Those boots have got to go. They don't make her look taller, because they look like stilts.

And, the gloves, good lord find something that's attractive.

In contrast, I rather like Christine's outfits in general. But, that BuckVie album cover was one of the worst I've ever seen.

HomerMcvie 03-25-2021 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1265745)
In contrast, I rather like Christine's outfits in general. But, that BuckVie album cover was one of the worst I've ever seen.

The Photoshopping was ridiculous. I get it. No one wants to look 70. But PSing yourself into looking like you're 40 probably isn't going to sell any more copies.

I thought Lindsey looked like a young AA boy on it. :lol:

jmn3 03-25-2021 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1265749)
The Photoshopping was ridiculous. I get it. No one wants to look 70. But PSing yourself into looking like you're 40 probably isn't going to sell any more copies.

There was also that stupid clip that Chris wore in her hair in 2014 that looked like something a 9 year old girl would have.

soul_drifter333 03-25-2021 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 (Post 1265744)
She is the Baby Jane Hudson of rock and roll now.

Lindsey{to Stevie}: You mean, all this time we could have been friends?

jbrownsjr 03-25-2021 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soul_drifter333 (Post 1265754)
Lindsey{to Stevie}: You mean, all this time we could have been friends?

Hahaha!! I love that quote.

jbrownsjr 03-25-2021 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1265749)

Photoshopping wasn't even the main problem. It was just boring and um boring and oh it was boring. And that grapefruit in Lindsey's pants.. uhhh

I would have done the Mirage album cover again, with a mop replacing Stevie.
That way she would have fired both of them!! :lol:

UnwindedDreams 03-25-2021 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1265762)
And that grapefruit in Lindsey's pants.. uhhh

O my Gosh. I said the same thing!

New solo record: 70 and stuffed crust:laugh:

HomerMcvie 03-25-2021 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1265762)
I would have done the Mirage album cover again, with a mop replacing Stevie.
That way she would have fired both of them!! :lol:

Omfg, I'd have given 10k for them to redo the Mirage cover with $tevie replaced with an old dirty mop. Seriously.

michelej1 03-25-2021 10:39 PM

Chris does not even look like a younger version of herself on the BM album cover. It could just as easily be Carly Simon as Chris. We recognize her clothes, but if you saw that picture from the head up without looking at her outfit, would you have guessed that was Christine?

HomerMcvie 03-26-2021 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1265769)
Chris does not even look like a younger version of herself on the BM album cover. It could just as easily be Carly Simon as Chris. We recognize her clothes, but if you saw that picture from the head up without looking at her outfit, would you have guessed that was Christine?

Same with her solo album, 17 years ago(how is that 17 years? Kill me now).

Macfan4life 03-26-2021 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1265773)

I know. I bought In The Meantime at (get this) a record store where I bought the CD. Digital music was getting popular but CD's were still the norm. Bought it at Specs music on Miami Beach. Of course that store closed many many years ago. Younger people forget that when you wanted new music that you had to go to a store to get it.

michelej1 03-26-2021 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1265773)

It feels like five years. When another 17 years passes in a matter of seconds, we’ll be old.

Remember when we were waiting for a Q&A from her? I kept checking the website and nothing happened.

jbrownsjr 03-26-2021 01:25 PM

The ITM cover is beautiful and I love it. And how dare you people disagree with me!!!

The BuckVie album cover is boring.

michelej1 03-26-2021 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1265788)
The ITM cover is beautiful and I love it. And how dare you people disagree with me!!!

The BuckVie album cover is boring.

And we can go from before the ITM cover to the Dance cover. The real Christine is lovely and in shape. Why does she use pictures like that.

But her face looks more like her own on ITM. I will give you that.

michelej1 03-26-2021 02:00 PM

Remember how the SYW cover had a story? Double Suicide. Do you think the BuckVie album cover has a story we don’t know about?

BTW, all of the yearly key art for The Americans had a story. You know the bright yellow posters they had? Elizabeth is holding a gun but her arm is up. That was mimicking the Rosie the Riveter campaign from WW2. I have that Americans poster as my phone screensaver.

jbrownsjr 03-26-2021 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1265791)
And we can go from before the ITM cover to the Dance cover. The real Christine is lovely and in shape. Why does she use pictures like that.

But her face looks more like her own on ITM. I will give you that.

She did keep that body in shape. As you will hear in the other thread, Stevie told her to get a trainer. So really, it's Stevie that kept Christine in great shape. :wavey:

michelej1 03-26-2021 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1265793)
She did keep that body in shape. As you will hear in the other thread, Stevie told her to get a trainer. So really, it's Stevie that kept Christine in great shape. :wavey:

With the dancing Stevie did, I don’t think she thought Christine would be the one to keep her figure and she, Stevie, would not. But once the Klonopin caused weight gain it was hard to shed. And if her knees and hips are bad, she can’t work out.

That gang has spent 40 years listening to Stevie droning on about her prowess and sacrifice: “I am the only one who knows how to make coffee” and ignoring her. But I think you and David are wrong. I think there was a love there, a familial tolerance, and overriding affection between all of them. I guess it’s gone now.

Macfan4life 03-26-2021 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1265793)

Ha ha
Yes we remember. Chris had to chime back that she was on the road with the mac during the early years when it was tough and not VIP treatment like when Stevie joined

HomerMcvie 03-26-2021 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1265787)
It feels like five years. When another 17 years passes in a matter of seconds, we’ll be old.

Remember when we were waiting for a Q&A from her? I kept checking the website and nothing happened.

I hope I'm still alive in 17 more years! I'll be 50 then!!!:mad:

jbrownsjr 03-28-2021 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1265797)
Ha ha
Yes we remember. Chris had to chime back that she was on the road with the mac during the early years when it was tough and not VIP treatment like when Stevie joined

She was touring long before goat came around. And just did a world tour at 77. And she looks amazing.