The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Lindsey addresses why is sad about Fleetwood Mac (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57906)

2nd_Hand_News 05-12-2018 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AncientQueen (Post 1227684)
I hope that means that Christine told him she was not part of that decision and that he believes her.

That would be my hope as well. It would be great if perhaps the door could be left open for them to continue to collaborate together in between whatever projects the new "Fleetwood Mac" has coming up in the future. Certainly wouldn't mind another BuckVie album, that's for sure.

Great to finally hear Lindsey speak on the issue. Wish he'd been a bit more pointed in his comments, especially considering how Fleetwood Mac has handled the issue publicly, but it is what it is. Hopefully he starts off his first solo show with a fiery rendition of "Wrong".

Phil 05-12-2018 03:59 AM

Lindsey's comments are vintage Lindsey: passive-aggressive, cryptic and pretentious. I would have had more respect for him if he'd just spoken honestly, clearly stating that he feels betrayed and no longer has any regard for the band.
Noticeably, he makes no comment about his part in proceedings - i.e. the endless dithering and postponing of the tour, not to mention the more-than-cheeky utilisation of the crew for his projected solo gigs in between Mac shows.
There's nothing "classy" about what he did, particularly to seize the opportunity to discuss the matter at a charity gig. Try crude and embittered.

Angel75 05-12-2018 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil (Post 1227689)
Lindsey's comments are vintage Lindsey: passive-aggressive, cryptic and pretentious. I would have had more respect for him if he'd just spoken honestly, clearly stating that he feels betrayed and no longer has any regard for the band.
Noticeably, he makes no comment about his part in proceedings - i.e. the endless dithering and postponing of the tour, not to mention the more-than-cheeky utilisation of the crew for his projected solo gigs in between Mac shows.
There's nothing "classy" about what he did, particularly to seize the opportunity to discuss the matter at a charity gig. Try crude and embittered.

Did we see the same you tube clip?!!!!
The fact that he almost shut down the **** Stevie Nicks call by saying that it doesn't really matter, is somewhat respectful to SN when he could have laughed/ or made a nasty comment in agreeance / support of those heckled words speaks volumes. He is acting in a dignified way and not stooping to childish behaviour, unlike his selfish and money hungry ex-band mates. He's being the bigger person when he could have been a lot more brutal and cutting.

bwboy 05-12-2018 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fiver (Post 1227656)
Kelliane Murphy worked on the tv show Roadies, which was created by Cameron Crowe. Lindsey guest starred in an episode.

I guess I'm not as big a FM fan as others are here... for example, I had no idea who this person "Kelliane" was, or why she would be "spying" on Lindsey Buckingham for Stevie at a public fundraising event. So thanks for posting, fiver. Besides working with Cameron Crowe, maybe, just maybe, she was also a supporter of the candidate whom the fundraiser was for.

Or you could believe the conspiracy theorists posting here, that she spent the evening spying on Lindsey for Stevie :laugh:

ryan4136 05-12-2018 06:33 AM

Two things that spoke volumes to me.

1) the word factions....likely means Mick and Stevie vs Chris and LB with John caught in the middle.

2) his not wanting to say anything too negative leaving the door open for reunion. He must think it’s just a phase.

Storms123 05-12-2018 06:44 AM

He's a class act---handled it elegantly, but more importantly--he sounded fantastic and played wonderfully (as always)

button-lip 05-12-2018 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1227695)
I guess I'm not as big a FM fan as others are here... for example, I had no idea who this person "Kelliane" was, or why she would be "spying" on Lindsey Buckingham for Stevie at a public fundraising event. So thanks for posting, fiver. Besides working with Cameron Crowe, maybe, just maybe, she was also a supporter of the candidate whom the fundraiser was for.

Or you could believe the conspiracy theorists posting here, that she spent the evening spying on Lindsey for Stevie :laugh:

You’re a Stevie’s fan and you don’t know who she’s?

She’s part of Stevie’s entourage, and she has nothing better to do on a Friday night than spending it on the same room with the man her friend just trashed on national TV? I don’t believe for a second her political beliefs are so strong she couldn’t stop herself from going. Gimme a break!

button-lip 05-12-2018 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan4136 (Post 1227697)
Two things that spoke volumes to me.

1) the word factions....likely means Mick and Stevie vs Chris and LB with John caught in the middle.

2) his not wanting to say anything too negative leaving the door open for reunion. He must think it’s just a phase.

1) He finally cleared that up. Funny how some people STILL don’t know what he’s talking about. Where have you been for the past 3 months?

2) The use of the word “perspective” also made me think he’s waiting for them to come to senses.

button-lip 05-12-2018 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wdm6789 (Post 1227623)
Yeah, let’s not get into political discussions on this thread, let’s keep it to what he said about Fleetwood Mac. I agree with Lindsey that the legacy is “harmed”, but on the other hand, if what we keep hearing is true about him wanting to postpone the tour another year is true, I’m on the band’s side. John and Christine are like 75, and John, for all we know is still battling cancer, Lindsey should be on board to tour with them while he still can, he’s the youngest, he still has time to do solo stuff if he wants when Fleetwood Mac is done.

Did he say he wanted to postpone the tour? He emphasized it wasn’t his choice to leave the band and that he was sad about the legacy. That doesn’t sound like a man who wasn’t willing to negotiate his solo tour with the band tour in order to continue the legacy.

Storms123 05-12-2018 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1227702)

She’s part of Stevie’s entourage, and she has nothing better to do on a Friday night than spending it on the same room with the man her friend just trashed on national TV? I don’t believe for a second her political beliefs are so strong she couldn’t stop herself from going. Gimme a break!

If she was there as a "mole" she can report back that he sounded fantastic played beautifully and downplayed someone who bad mouthed her. Class act all the way around. The band could learn a lesson or 2 there.

Storms123 05-12-2018 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1227705)
Did he say he wanted to postpone the tour? He emphasized it wasn’t his choice to leave the band and that he was sad about the legacy. That doesn’t sound like a man who wasn’t willing to negotiate his solo tour with the band tour in order to continue the legacy.

I think it's been pretty well established now he was willing to negotiate his solo tour. We've seen the video and I feel like Brett corroborated that as well?

bwboy 05-12-2018 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1227702)

LOL no, I'm a Fleetwood Mac fan, first and foremost. And except for the name Judy Wong, which I've seen often in the liner notes of FM albums, I have no idea who is in any entourage, whether it be Stevie, Mick, or Lindsey. But thanks for confirming that the conspiracy theorists are alive and well here. I thought fiver's post said this woman works with Cameron Crowe, who helped organize this event. In my eyes, she was likely showing her support for a candidate running for office and or supporting her co-worker. In your eyes, she was there solely to spy on Lindsey for Stevie. I'll say it too- gimme a break!

I'm a fan of the band and the members, but not to the extent that I know the names of their family members or friends or entourage. Actually, maybe I should say I'm more a fan of their music rather than the members themselves. I've never really been into idolatry, especially for celebrities. Like a meet and greet for Mick- I wouldn't pay $600 to meet any of them, because, well, it's just not my thing. I couldn't say anything to them they hadn't already heard a million times ("I love your music") but that's fine if other people want to. I don't keep newspaper clippings, or photos, or record every appearance they make. I do buy the group albums and individual albums, but I don't keep them if I don't like them, which is why I got rid of Time, In the Meantime, 24 Karat Gold, and Gift of Screws.

StevieandChris 05-12-2018 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1227710)

I'm a fan of the band and the members, but not to the extent that I know the names of their family members or friends or entourage. Actually, maybe I should say I'm more a fan of their music rather than the members themselves. I've never really been into idolatry, especially for celebrities. Like a meet and greet for Mick- I wouldn't pay $600 to meet any of them, because, well, it's just not my thing. I couldn't say anything to them they hadn't already heard a million times ("I love your music") but that's fine if other people want to. I don't keep newspaper clippings, or photos, or record every appearance they make. I do buy the group albums and individual albums, but I don't keep them if I don't like them, which is why I got rid of Time, In the Meantime, 24 Karat Gold, and Gift of Screws.

Yes! This describes me too, though I have 24KG and In the Meantime. Though I buy from iTunes and have no records or CDs. No meet and greets, no clippings, no posters, no photos. I do like to watch interviews and live concerts and read biographies and I will buy one T-Shirt from each concert (I will only attend one show on a tour).

Jondalar 05-12-2018 10:01 AM

He is only saying what we already knew. Mick and Stevie only care about the money. He cares about the music.

SteveMacD 05-12-2018 10:35 AM

I listened again, and I found the phrase “leave of absence” curious.

jmn3 05-12-2018 10:57 AM

Quote:

Really? There's just so much in your comment that is ridiculous.

Where was he passive-aggressive? Cryptic and a tad pretentious...well yeah, that is vintage Lindsey. And Stevie. And if you want passive aggressive, Mick Fleetwood holds that card in The Fleetwood Mac realm.

You say he "seized" the opportunity to discuss this at a charity gig but then say you'd have more respect if he just essentially blasted the band?

A charity gig? Don't make it sound like he took over a Children's Hospital gala to drone on and on about Fleetwood Mac. It was a political fundraiser and he barely spent 70 seconds talking about it. He wasn't rude, and he quickly shut the person up who said "f**k Stevie Nicks."

Crude and embittered? My goodness, get some perspective as those words don't apply at all.

And endless dithering and postponing of tours - first of all, not even a fact at all. Second, if he was fired for such, then Stevie should have been fired a few times in the last 20 years.

jmn3 05-12-2018 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1227722)
I listened again, and I found the phrase “leave of absence” curious.

Well, the line was that he has "taken leave" of the band. But I also found that a bit curious. It could just be Lindsey-speak and not mean much but his whole little talk there made it sound like he hadn't shut the door for good on working with the band again. :shrug:

Kubrick2788 05-12-2018 11:02 AM

Leave of absence...

If I remember correctly, he has talked about cycles once or twice before...hahaha. Maybe he's just going to wait them out. I've stayed away from commenting here a lot because I don't have such deep allegiances as some, but I'm curious to see where this all goes. I'll see this latest version of Fleetwood Mac and hope that, sometime in the near future, those five people pull off a tour again. Now, back to the politics of the evening...:laugh:

elle 05-12-2018 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmn3 (Post 1227726)
Well, the line was that he has "taken leave" of the band. But I also found that a bit curious. It could just be Lindsey-speak and not mean much but his whole little talk there made it sound like he hadn't shut the door for good on working with the band again. :shrug:

that's one of his vintage lines, same as "fulfilling our destiny". he used it over and over at Buckvie shows, saying Christine has taken a leave of a band for 16 years.

i do agree with others though that particular phrasing as well as the one about some band factions "losing their perspective" signals he is leaving the door open to repair the legacy. it's pretty clear he considers FM his band -as he should - "for the last 3 months i've taken leave of absence of my band of 43 years, Fleetwood Mac, not by my doing or my choice." and he'd like to wrap up on a positive note for the band legacy.

not my choice btw, but i understand his stance. he's a much bigger person than most of us would be in his situation.

jmn3 05-12-2018 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1227730)

not my choice btw, but i understand his stance. he's a much bigger person than most of us would be in his situation.

Oh hell yes. I would’ve been up there ripping them to shreds! Lol

dontlookdown 05-12-2018 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1227681)
I would edit that comment if I were you. Not saying I don't agree with you, but it's going to cause an explosion here and we have enough of that right now. :nod:

I'll stick with Lindsey and the resistance. This administration and the people who have enabled this sick sick poor excuse of a human being in the white house should never be offered an apology. The damage that Trump voters have caused this country will last for generations.
Sorry/Not Sorry.

jbrownsjr 05-12-2018 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilyfee (Post 1227651)
I’m happy to hear him address it straight on but I actually wish he’d be a little less classy and tell us what happened!:laugh:

For instance, “factions” in a five member band? What does that even mean? Like Stevie and Mick each had their own agendas? Plot twist.

What was the event? I’ve seen several clips online but nothing specifies what it was for other than that it was some sort of political or fundraising event.

Michele said long ago, "Band politics = Mick and $tevie.

sue 05-12-2018 12:36 PM

Maybe Lindsey with his words and phrasing is thinking someone is not in a right frame of mind, isn’t thinking straight and maybe he hopes things will change back again.
I don’t think he’s talking of Mick, who is just driven by money, but of Stevie...
Maybe she isn’t capable of thinking straight, due to the death of her friend Tom.

He is right this debacle has ruined their heritage, that’s for sure.

Storms123 05-12-2018 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sue (Post 1227737)
Maybe Lindsey with his words and phrasing is thinking someone is not in a right frame of mind, isn’t thinking straight and maybe he hopes things will change back again.
I don’t think he’s talking of Mick, who is just driven by money, but of Stevie...
Maybe she isn’t capable of thinking straight, due to the death of her friend Tom.

He is right this debacle has ruined their heritage, that’s for sure.

Curious to see the bands next comments on this--its not going to go away until they address it....."Truthfully" and not run away from reporters (a la TMZ/Mick in the airport)
At what point do you think Mike and Neil are like "WTF did we take on?"

jbrownsjr 05-12-2018 12:55 PM

Tell me lie$, tell me $WEET little lie$.....

TELL ME LIE$ TELL ME TELL ME LIE$

Oh Mick and $tevie.. you've become insufferable human beings. I hope you both sleep well on this tour.

bwboy 05-12-2018 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storms123 (Post 1227738)
Curious to see the bands next comments on this--its not going to go away until they address it....."Truthfully" and not run away from reporters (a la TMZ/Mick in the airport)

I think we'll see FM give plenty more press as the tour draws closer, but as far as Mick "running away from reporters," two things: first, is anyone from TMZ really considered a reporter? I thought that TMZ was considered glorified paparazzi? And second, if Mick was at the airport, maybe he was running because he was in a hurry? I mean, an airport is not an ideal place to sit down for an interview LOL! I'm trying to imagine catching an airplane and someone running alongside me asking for a comment about something, and in no possible scenario do I imagine myself giving up a flight so I can talk to them.

SteveMacD 05-12-2018 01:06 PM

The more that gets said, the more confusing it gets. The only one who has said anything definite is Stevie, but she’ll probably change her mind about Lindsey again, as she always does. Five years ago, she wanted a BN reunion tour…

Meanwhile, Mick and Lindsey are tripping over themselves to not refer to this as a firing, and Neil and Mike were less than convincing about the length of their tenure during the CBS interview.

dreamsunwind 05-12-2018 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1227741)
The more that gets said, the more confusing it gets. The only one who has said anything definite is Stevie, but she’ll probably change her mind about Lindsey again, as she always does. Five years ago, she wanted a BN reunion tour…

Meanwhile, Mick and Lindsey are tripping over themselves to not refer to this as a firing, and Neil and Mike were less than convincing about the length of their tenure during the CBS interview.

Lindsey said clearly that it was not his choice to leave.

elle 05-12-2018 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamsunwind (Post 1227742)
Lindsey said clearly that it was not his choice to leave.

exactly. not my doing and not my choice - how much more clear can you be??

translation for apparently confused - he did nothing to cause it, and he was thrown out against his will.

jbrownsjr 05-12-2018 01:32 PM

OK, I can confirm with 100% certainty it was "F $tevie NICK$"

I know the person who shouted it.

And I asked she did used the $$$ when she screamed it. $$ :laugh:

jbrownsjr 05-12-2018 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1227741)

Agree on all counts. Those were my thoughts this morning.

button-lip 05-12-2018 01:35 PM

Quote:

LOL no, I'm a Fleetwood Mac fan, first and foremost. And except for the name Judy Wong, which I've seen often in the liner notes of FM albums, I have no idea who is in any entourage, whether it be Stevie, Mick, or Lindsey. But thanks for confirming that the conspiracy theorists are alive and well here. I thought fiver's post said this woman works with Cameron Crowe, who helped organize this event. In my eyes, she was likely showing her support for a candidate running for office and or supporting her co-worker. In your eyes, she was there solely to spy on Lindsey for Stevie. I'll say it too- gimme a break!

So, you don't know anything about their lives but you're sure it's impossible one of Stevie's people was there to spy on Lindsey. Interesting. :lol::lol::lol:

Murrow 05-12-2018 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storms123 (Post 1227738)

In Neil’s case probably not that long. I’ve followed both Fleetwood Mac and Crowded House for a long time and Neil’s ego is way smaller than that of the average Mac veteran.

button-lip 05-12-2018 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1227739)
Tell me lie$, tell me $WEET little lie$.....

TELL ME LIE$ TELL ME TELL ME LIE$

Oh Mick and $tevie.. you've become insufferable human beings. I hope you both sleep well on this tour.

Oh, I'm sure they will. They both lost their souls in 1977...

Macfan4life 05-12-2018 01:39 PM

Nice speech comparing today's dysfunction in the country to the life in Fleetwood mac. This long speech would have been the perfect intro to GO INSANE
:eek:

bombaysaffires 05-12-2018 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wdm6789 (Post 1227623)
Yeah, let’s not get into political discussions on this thread, let’s keep it to what he said about Fleetwood Mac. I agree with Lindsey that the legacy is “harmed”, but on the other hand, if what we keep hearing is true about him wanting to postpone the tour another year is true, I’m on the band’s side. John and Christine are like 75, and John, for all we know is still battling cancer, Lindsey should be on board to tour with them while he still can, he’s the youngest, he still has time to do solo stuff if he wants when Fleetwood Mac is done.

except it's not.

It's the band's attempt at public relations spin.

bombaysaffires 05-12-2018 01:51 PM

Quote:

and....you're basing this on.....a public statement by a band in damage control mode, when in fact folks on the crew and others who work with the band have definitively stated this was not the case?

bombaysaffires 05-12-2018 02:09 PM

Quote:

I don't study the band's entourage either, but maybe because I come from the era of actual vinyl albums that had lots of interesting liner notes, etc. which I did read because that was part of the "thing" of listening to an album-- reading the liner notes as you listened etc....... So I recognize names just from that. And I haven't sat and read liner notes for a number of years now. I did have to Google her name when people brought it up because I had no recollection of her role, but the name totally rang a bell.

Guess that makes me a conspiracy theorist. :laugh: :laugh: And makes you a far better person.

It's fascinating that people don't understand that rich and famous stars do not, no matter how much PR they put out to the contrary, live their lives like you and I do. They *absolutely* have entourages, posses, handlers, gatekeepers, whatever you want to call it. And they *do* have people on their teams who feel it is their duty to look out for their boss, whatever that takes, including keeping tabs on other band members. People on here have heard directly from various people who work for the band that this goes on.

Do fans need to care about this? Not if they don't want to. But if some people find it interesting, and factor this real info into their understandings of what is going on, it doesn't make them "conspiracy theorists". :distress:

dreamsunwind 05-12-2018 02:25 PM

Quote:

Kellianne was in the IYD documentary movie and Stevie talked about her several times during the interviews/press for it. That's how I know who she is. She would say "Kellianne the one who was wearing the crazy dress in the movie, is my goddaughter she cooked us dinners every night for 20 people."

bwboy 05-12-2018 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1227757)
I don't study the band's entourage either, but maybe because I come from the era of actual vinyl albums that had lots of interesting liner notes, etc. which I did read because that was part of the "thing" of listening to an album-- reading the liner notes as you listened etc....... So I recognize names just from that. And I haven't sat and read liner notes for a number of years now. I did have to Google her name when people brought it up because I had no recollection of her role, but the name totally rang a bell.

Guess that makes me a conspiracy theorist. :laugh: :laugh:

It's fascinating that people don't understand that rich and famous stars do not, no matter how much PR they put out to the contrary, live their lives like you and I do. They *absolutely* have entourages, posses, handlers, gatekeepers, whatever you want to call it. And they *do* have people on their teams who feel it is their duty to look out for their boss, whatever that takes, including keeping tabs on other band members. People on here have heard directly from various people who work for the band that this goes on.

Do fans need to care about this? Not if they don't want to. But if some people find it interesting, and factor this real info into their understandings of what is going on, it doesn't make them "conspiracy theorists". :distress:

Like you, I definitely read the liner notes and thank yous, that was always fun for me.

I understand wealthy celebrities have an entourage, I wasn't disagreeing with that. Apparently, the woman in question works with Cameron Crowe on a tv show that actually featured Lindsey on an episode. So why wouldn't it be just as likely she was there for that reason as she was to spy for Stevie? Sure, it's possible Stevie knew about this event (which actually I doubt, because, as others have said, she's very sheltered by her people), and she asked this woman, who apparently has two jobs- one, working on a show with Cameron Crowe and two, is part of Stevie's entourage- to go to the fundraiser and collect intel on Lindsey and his performance. However, it's just as likely she went because she either supports the candidate and she works with Cameron Crowe. I don't care either way, I just think it's funny people are saying she was a spy, that's all. As someone else already said, if she was a spy, all she can tell Stevie is that Lindsey gave a fine performance and made a minute long speech about no longer being a part of FM.

Personally, I prefer the idea that Stevie was secretly there, posing as an activist or one of the staff, wearing glasses and a wig, maybe even trying to sabotage Lindsey's amp. Or maybe passing out fliers for the upcoming FM tour.