The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Glass Half Full thread (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57795)

jkmaletic 04-18-2018 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1223631)
And she doesn't care! For the past few years, half the reviews I read about her say, "just shut up and sing a damned song. Quit telling your damned stories, that no one wants to hear, anyway!"

We live in a society now where I bet 1/2 of us has A.D.D., or at least some form of it. So it wouldn't surprise me that half of the reviews you've read said that. "Shut up and sing - be the dancing monkey I paid you to be! I don't have time to listen to you talk!" :rolleyes:

NotonRodeo 04-18-2018 11:19 AM

I don't think it is unreasonable to expect a singer to SING, instead of tell stories. I don't think I have ADD for expecting that :rolleyes:

HomerMcvie 04-18-2018 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotonRodeo (Post 1223634)
I don't think it is unreasonable to expect a singer to SING, instead of tell stories. I don't think I have ADD for expecting that :rolleyes:

The stories show how full of herself she has become. She thinks people want to hear her stupid stories. Yes, a FEW Chiffonheads do, but the majority are saying, "shut up and sing!".

jkmaletic 04-18-2018 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1223635)
The stories show how full of herself she has become. She thinks people want to hear her stupid stories. Yes, a FEW Chiffonheads do, but the majority are saying, "shut up and sing!".

The majority? How do you know that?

button-lip 04-18-2018 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkmaletic (Post 1223636)

Do you honestly believe people go to a FM concert to listen to Stevie's stories? It's a rock band.

HomerMcvie 04-18-2018 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkmaletic (Post 1223636)

I paid for a Gallup poll to be taken. Trust me.

jkmaletic 04-18-2018 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1223637)
Do you honestly believe people go to a FM concert to listen to Stevie's stories? It's a rock band.

Oh God...no! Of course they expect singing.

jkmaletic 04-18-2018 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1223639)

You annoy me....but you also make me laugh sometimes. :laugh: :thumbsup:

HomerMcvie 04-18-2018 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkmaletic (Post 1223643)
You annoy me....but you also make me laugh sometimes. :laugh: :thumbsup:

They same applies for me, to most here. :wavey:

gldstwmn 04-18-2018 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sands of time (Post 1223476)
Whatever drugs caused the severely altered state required to think that there might be new music from this ridiculous lineup...I want those drugs.

Fleetwood Mac already recorded one Mike Campbell track, Freedom. Stevie didn't want to spend ions in the studio with Lindsey. She is far more apt to do so with Mike. It's not a stretch to think this could happen.

gldstwmn 04-18-2018 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1223519)
MODS: this is a thread discussing post-rumours era band advanntages, so should be moved to post-rumours.

otherwise you get people like me and others who have no interest in the Lindsey-less FM coming in these threads and basically sabotaging your nice positive discussions.

a huge sense of betrayal the other 4 inflicted on one of their own is too painful for us to consider anything being positive about this.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

sands of time 04-18-2018 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gldstwmn (Post 1223653)
Lindsey didn't want to spend ions in the studio with Lindsey.

Huh? I know you're confused but this is just ridiculous.

gldstwmn 04-18-2018 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sands of time (Post 1223657)
Huh? I know you're confused but this is just ridiculous.

Yeah. I'm in a hurry to get to my dentist appointment. :lol: I checked out of this discussion a few days ago. :lol:

secondhandchain 04-18-2018 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1223637)

Stevie thinks people would pay to see her sing every song in a two note range....oh wait a minute. Monks get bored with her range these days.

gldstwmn 04-18-2018 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1223639)

I believe there's not a whole lot you wouldn't pay for as long as it involved the trashing of Stevie Nicks. Your screen name should be bifurcation.

HomerMcvie 04-18-2018 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gldstwmn (Post 1223661)
I believe there's not a whole lot you wouldn't pay for as long as it involved the trashing of Stevie Nicks. Your screen name should be bifurcation.

And here you are with your ax again, ready to grind...

Have fun at the dentist. Hope you don't have any cavities(that low)...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::p

jbrownsjr 04-18-2018 02:54 PM

What did I miss?

Trolling.. more trolling.. ax, dentist... and trash...

We must be talking about $tevie.. :laugh:

Dentist??? Hope it's nothing serious. Although, mine will give me good pain meds from time to time. Can make for a nice day until the actual pain comes back. :thumbsup:

gldstwmn 04-19-2018 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1223663)
What did I miss?

Trolling.. more trolling.. ax, dentist... and trash...

We must be talking about $tevie.. :laugh:

Dentist??? Hope it's nothing serious. Although, mine will give me good pain meds from time to time. Can make for a nice day until the actual pain comes back. :thumbsup:

Just a cleaning and then some cosmetic work in about a month. I really try to avoid pain pills at all costs these days. Too dangerous. Really though my point was I'd rather be off to the dentist than talk about this sh+t anymore. :laugh:

gldstwmn 04-19-2018 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1223662)
And here you are with your ax again, ready to grind...

Have fun at the dentist. Hope you don't have any cavities(that low)...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::p

via GIPHY

button-lip 04-19-2018 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1223660)
Stevie thinks people would pay to see her sing every song in a two note range....oh wait a minute. Monks get bored with her range these days.

You wouldn't believe the amount of pain some people like to inflict to themselves these days. I think it's called masochism. :lol::lol: