The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   MIRAGE DELUXE Release date 7/29/16 and more... (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=56037)

MikeVielhaber 05-10-2016 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1183092)
I cant The early versions of the songs really peak my interest.

Not to be a douche, because I know people don't like being corrected, but I see this all the time and it bugs me. The correct word here is "pique".

Carry on.

Macfan4life 05-10-2016 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber (Post 1183099)
Not to be a douche, because I know people don't like being corrected, but I see this all the time and it bugs me. The correct word here is "pique".

Carry on.

Yes you definitely are.

Let me re-phrase. My interest in the earlier versions of theses songs really peaked.

Peak - to bring to a maximum
Pique - to provoke or arouse

Don't mess with me kid, I have the home court advantage ;)

Wdm6789 05-10-2016 03:06 PM

The only thing it's missing is live Sara. They could have put live Hold Me on there too.

jbrownsjr 05-10-2016 03:14 PM

And Second Hand News, Don't Stop, Landslide, NGBA, Oh Well and....... can't remember what else went on that setlist...

Jondalar 05-10-2016 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitesoxx (Post 1183090)
Here's the tracklist of the box set from IMWAN. The deluxe cd set is disc 1 and 2 only apparently. Glad to see Smile At You, hope it's the famous version.

[CD1]
1. Love In Store (2016 Remastered)
2. Can't Go Back (2016 Remastered)
3. That's Alright (2016 Remastered)
4. Book of Love (2016 Remastered)
5. Gypsy (2016 Remastered)
6. Only Over You (2016 Remastered)
7. Empire State (2016 Remastered)
8. Straight Back (2016 Remastered)
9. Hold Me (2016 Remastered)
10. Oh Diane (2016 Remastered)
11. Eyes of the World (2016 Remastered)
12. Wish You Were Here (2016 Remastered)

[CD2]
1. Love In Store (Early Version)
2. Suma's Walk aka Can't Go Back (Outtake)
3. That's Alright (Alternate Take)
4. Book of Love (Early Version)
5. Gypsy (Early Version)
6. Only Over You (Alternate Version)
7. Empire State (Early Version)
8. If You Were My Love (Outtake)
9. Hold Me (Early Version)
10. Oh Diane (Early Version)
11. Smile At You (Outtake)
12. Goodbye Angel (Original Outtake)
13. Eyes of the World (Alternate Early Version)
14. Straight Back (Original Vinyl Version)
15. Wish You Were Here (Alternate Version)
16. Cool Water (2016 Remastered)
17. Gypsy (Video Version) [2016 Remastered]
18. Put a Candle In the Window (Run-Through)
19. Teen Beat (Outtake) [2016 Remastered]
20. Blue Monday (Jam)

[CD3]
1. The Chain (Live at The Forum, Los Angeles, CA October 21-22, 1982)
2. Gypsy (Live at The Forum, Los Angeles, CA October 21-22, 1982)
3. Love In Store (Live at The Forum, Los Angeles, CA October 21-22, 1982
4. Not That Funny (Live at The Forum, Los Angeles, CA October 21-22, 1982)
5. You Make Loving Fun (Live at The Forum, Los Angeles, CA October 21-22, 1982)
6. I'm So Afraid (Live at The Forum, Los Angeles, CA October 21-22, 1982)
7. Blue Letter (Live at The Forum, Los Angeles, CA October 21-22, 1982)
8. Rhiannon (Live at The Forum, Los Angeles, CA October 21-22, 1982)
9. Tusk (Live at The Forum, Los Angeles, CA October 21-22, 1982)
10. Eyes of the World (Live at The Forum, Los Angeles, CA October 21-22, 1982)
11. Go Your Own Way (Live at The Forum, Los Angeles, CA October 21-22, 1982)
12. Sisters of the Moon (Live at The Forum, Los Angeles, CA October 21-22, 1982)
13. Songbird (Live at The Forum, Los Angeles, CA October 21-22, 1982)

[DVD]
13. Love In Store (2016 Remastered)
14. Can't Go Back (2016 Remastered)
15. That's Alright (2016 Remastered)
16. Book of Love (2016 Remastered)
17. Gypsy (2016 Remastered)
18. Only Over You (2016 Remastered)
19. Empire State (2016 Remastered)
20. Straight Back (2016 Remastered)

[LP]

How much is this going to be?

SisterNightroad 05-10-2016 03:32 PM

I'm very disappointed with the Live CD.

Artemis 05-10-2016 03:46 PM

Smile At You AND If You Were My Love?! Foaming at the mouth.

dawn_amanda 05-10-2016 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artemis (Post 1183106)
Smile At You AND If You Were My Love?! Foaming at the mouth.

Yay!!! So happy! :]

MusicInferno 05-10-2016 04:31 PM

Great!

Are the recordings from the live cd the same as from the live video we know?
And the Gypsy video version is slightly shorter than the one that was on The Chain boxset, right?

HomerMcvie 05-10-2016 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1183100)
Yes you definitely are.

Let me re-phrase. My interest in the earlier versions of theses songs really peaked.

Peak - to bring to a maximum
Pique - to provoke or arouse

Don't mess with me kid, I have the home court advantage ;)

I once peeked into a cracked door, to pique my interest, and peak my abilities. Is that correct usage?:D

mike_nh 05-10-2016 06:29 PM

having a remastered mirage is nice but I can't understand why they can release the AUDIO of the forum show but not the video that we all have been wanting since 1982? to me that's the real gem. that sotm performance is what everyone remembers i'm excited to be getting what we are getting but i'm also going to be disappointed. this was the way to release it because no one will ever buy it as a stand alone dvd. #missed opportunity

Andy Man 05-10-2016 06:57 PM

This release does seem like it will be great. A very unexpected release as well.

My only complaint (and, I know, first world problems here...): why not a whole live show? The Mirage setlist was one of the best the band ever put together. I was really hoping that, like with the Tusk redux, that we would get an entire set from the tour. A live version of Brown Eyes would have been fantastic to add to the collection. And, other than the Live in Boston 2003 DVD, we do not have any official live release of Second Hand News...which is just strange, seeing as how it is so popular. I love the Mirage HBO concert but it was very Lindsey heavy. A few more tracks from Christine and Stevie would have been nice to add to the live set with this release.

Having said all that...the remastered album is what I am really looking forward to. Mirage has always been a beautiful album, but the incredibly bad mastering it received with the initial CD transfer really dulled the album's true artistic value. It will be nice to listen to the entire album, remastered, on my sound system.

jbrownsjr 05-10-2016 06:58 PM

^^^^ I am really looking forward to the sound.

Macfan4life 05-10-2016 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1183109)
I once peeked into a cracked door, to pique my interest, and peak my abilities. Is that correct usage?:D

Ha!
I am not sure. You will have to ask the other poster. I must admit I sometimes post before work early in the morning and have run on sentences too :eek:
Not sure if he is the same guy that called out Christine because Hold Me is not grammatically correct LMAO :)
I am here to talk about the Mac, not diagram sentences :eek:

Macfan4life 05-10-2016 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy Man (Post 1183113)
This release does seem like it will be great. A very unexpected release as well.

My only complaint (and, I know, first world problems here...): why not a whole live show? The Mirage setlist was one of the best the band ever put together. I was really hoping that, like with the Tusk redux, that we would get an entire set from the tour. A live version of Brown Eyes would have been fantastic to add to the collection. And, other than the Live in Boston 2003 DVD, we do not have any official live release of Second Hand News...which is just strange, seeing as how it is so popular. I love the Mirage HBO concert but it was very Lindsey heavy. A few more tracks from Christine and Stevie would have been nice to add to the live set with this release.

Having said all that...the remastered album is what I am really looking forward to. Mirage has always been a beautiful album, but the incredibly bad mastering it received with the initial CD transfer really dulled the album's true artistic value. It will be nice to listen to the entire album, remastered, on my sound system.

Your thoughts are mine exactly.
I am a bit disappointed only the Mirage tour songs we have seen and heard live are the ones that are being released. But the sound will be amazing. There were some great songs played during that tour but it seems they are locked away forever never to be heard.

Wdm6789 05-10-2016 07:35 PM

The one thing I was hoping for was a full live set from 1982. I'm excited for the remasters and the long Gypsy and If You Were My Love but I really wanted a full live set. The Mirage set was really good, they played Sara, Hold Me, and You Make Loving Fun all three in a row, those are my three favorite Fleetwood Mac songs.

pattyfan 05-10-2016 09:30 PM

My 2 cents:

First---What is Candle in the Window?

One the plus side, there is a lot of cool stuff (IYWML, SAY) . I love those live songs (Sisters of the Moon, Love in Store, Eyes of the World, Blue Letter, and no Dreams live, thank good ness), so having them on CD will be great. And there is something new that I've never heard of (Put a Candle in the Window...is that a Stevie song? It sounds like one).

It's really too bad that there is no DVD with concert video. But they can release the next deluxe version with that in a few years and we'll all buy it again (See Rumours and Tusk reissues). :)

A lot will depend on how different the alternate and early versions are from the ones that made it to Mirage. If they are only slightly different, then it's not that big a deal. IF they are really different, like the alternate Tusk, then it will something really special. Also, I don't understand what the DVD tracks 13 through 20 are.

Kevin

HomerMcvie 05-11-2016 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1183115)
Ha!
I am not sure. You will have to ask the other poster. I must admit I sometimes post before work early in the morning and have run on sentences too :eek:
Not sure if he is the same guy that called out Christine because Hold Me is not grammatically correct LMAO :)
I am here to talk about the Mac, not diagram sentences :eek:

I concur. While I am a bit of a spelling Nazi, I try not to take it to extremes.

There/they're/their is a thorn under my saddle, but LOSE/LOOSE is my own personal Hell. "I'm about to loose my mind", makes me wanna go Postal!!!

I've always thought "Skies The Limit" was biggest Chris faux pas...

Macfan4life 05-11-2016 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1183131)
I concur. While I am a bit of a spelling Nazi, I try not to take it to extremes.

There/they're/their is a thorn under my saddle, but LOSE/LOOSE is my own personal Hell. "I'm about to loose my mind", makes me wanna go Postal!!!

I've always thought "Skies The Limit" was biggest Chris faux pas...

Yes but that is what makes Rock N Roll .....rock and roll. There should not be a spell check. Bob Dylan and Stevie Nicks change tense in songs back and forth. Stevie can sing a song in a different tense every night. I think its cool. How boring it would be if every lyric in rock was put through spell check.
What about Prince I WOULD DIE 4 U
Did anyone lecture him that is not proper spelling? It was his trademark.
And sometimes there are honest typos. Typing fast and your head is a ahead of your fingers.

Now, back to the Mac
:)

nodmod 05-11-2016 05:17 AM

The track list looks good, but shame no full audio of the live Forum show or no DVD of the live show, also it seems strange to me that the label or band (or both) consistently ignore their music videos, no Gypsy or Hold Me in HD included as there was no Tusk in HD on the Tusk remaster.

Seems we will never get the live concerts or Tusk doc re-released in HD or a comp of the music videos

lennonfan 05-11-2016 06:29 AM

I'm liking the look of this box very much, seems like the way Tusk was released. I like the songs enough to enjoy alternate versions. I wasn't expecting video so this is fine with me. They could release live tour footage on blu ray down the road and as this is all about the album Mirage like the last box was all about the album Tusk, I'm getting what I want. I find the set up for these boxes lavish and I'm happy to make space in my home for a package of this quality.

stevierocks87 05-11-2016 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nodmod (Post 1183137)
The track list looks good, but shame no full audio of the live Forum show or no DVD of the live show, also it seems strange to me that the label or band (or both) consistently ignore their music videos, no Gypsy or Hold Me in HD included as there was no Tusk in HD on the Tusk remaster.

Seems we will never get the live concerts or Tusk doc re-released in HD or a comp of the music videos

In my dream world they are withholding all the live footage for some mega blue-ray set in the future :shrug:

Seriously, this makes absolutely no sense to me. Audio only of an already released video seems to be about the laziest thing they could possibly do.

But if accurate the outtakes CD sounds amazing!

SisterNightroad 05-11-2016 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevierocks87 (Post 1183142)
In my dream world they are withholding all the live footage for some mega blue-ray set in the future :shrug:

Probably it's saved for the time after their deaths.

fleetwoodguy79 05-11-2016 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevierocks87 (Post 1183142)

Seriously, this makes absolutely no sense to me. Audio only of an already released video seems to be about the laziest thing they could possibly do.

But if accurate the outtakes CD sounds amazing!

Sadly, there will not ever be a Blu-ray release of the Mirage LA concert. It was filmed on video tape which does not benefit from a mastering of the video in high definition. Almost no visible difference from DVD.

This sort of infuriates me even more though... there should be little to no remastering required for a DVD release of the LA Forum show (low effort). Just release a DVD in 2.0 Stereo and we would all be happy! Sad that they couldn't make that happen. Wonder if it's a licensing issue with HBO and the label?

Josh2003 05-11-2016 09:08 AM

Is it possible HBO owns the video rights to the 1982 concert?

The completist in me wants to buy the whole package.

The realist in me doesn't really see the need for just the audio of yet *another* live concert and a vinyl I have no way of playing.

Is the DVD simply a DVD-A? Why are some tracks on their twice?

I'll wait until we know more, but if there really is an option to just buy the first two discs, I'll take that route.

SisterNightroad 05-11-2016 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josh2003 (Post 1183153)

The realist in me doesn't really see the need for just the audio of yet *another* live concert and a vinyl I have no way of playing.

I'll wait until we know more, but if there really is an option to just buy the first two discs, I'll take that route.

It is much more than possible since Apple still holds the Us Festival performance.

BlueDenimLamp 05-11-2016 09:15 AM

Quote:

HBO and Warner Brothers are both divisions of Time Warner so I don's see why if WB wanted the HBO footage they couldn't just contact someone at the parent company and make it happen.

jbrownsjr 05-11-2016 10:02 AM

Why is this joy not allowed!

I would love that full concert. It was so electric.

HomerMcvie 05-11-2016 10:33 AM

Quote:

I want this, more than ANYTHING FM related.

Mirage concert. The unreleased songs. BOTH nights that were recorded. Warts and all. All outtakes.

Somebody make this happen.

Take my money.

Name your price.

wheart 05-11-2016 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1183159)
I want this, more than ANYTHING FM related.

Mirage concert. The unreleased songs. BOTH nights that were recorded. Warts and all. All outtakes.

Somebody make this happen.

Take my money.

Name your price.

This and the full Red Rocks Stevie show. Then I could die somewhat happy.

jbrownsjr 05-11-2016 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheart (Post 1183168)
This and the full Red Rocks Stevie show. Then I could die somewhat happy.

Boy, I haven't thought ab out the Red Rocks show in ages... blast from the past...

fleetwoodguy79 05-11-2016 12:37 PM

Seriously - why does this band refuse to release excellent video of their shows during their prime eras? I don't know any other band who is so resistive. Is this the band? Or the label? Combination of both?

We know that film footage (probably the original stock) from the 1979 Checkerdome show exists in the Warner Bros vault. Clearly, excellent multitrack audio masters from that show exist as we've gotten newly released songs from that as part of the recent Tusk reissue. How amazing would it be to release that entire show, remastered in HD (the show appears to have been shot on 35mm film), with 5.1 HD audio on Blu Ray!? It would sell like hotcakes!

This, in combination with a simple DVD release of the Mirage show with all of the songs not on the video release, would HAVE to net serious profit. I'm absolutely perplexed as to why we don't get this.

I have a theory, but I don't even want to talk about it... :distress:

stevierocks87 05-11-2016 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fleetwoodguy79 (Post 1183171)
Seriously - why does this band refuse to release excellent video of their shows during their prime eras? I don't know any other band who is so resistive. Is this the band? Or the label? Combination of both?

We know that film footage (probably the original stock) from the 1979 Checkerdome show exists in the Warner Bros vault. Clearly, excellent multitrack audio masters from that show exist as we've gotten newly released songs from that as part of the recent Tusk reissue. How amazing would it be to release that entire show, remastered in HD (the show appears to have been shot on 35mm film), with 5.1 HD audio on Blu Ray!? It would sell like hotcakes!

This, in combination with a simple DVD release of the Mirage show with all of the songs not on the video release, would HAVE to net serious profit. I'm absolutely perplexed as to why we don't get this.

I have a theory, but I don't even want to talk about it... :distress:

YES YES YES!!!

I think someone might have mentioned your theory-saving for a posthumous release? Seems to me they would want to release as much as they could while they were still touring :shrug:

BigAl84 05-11-2016 03:28 PM

Maybe they are sitting on all video footage for a separate DVD release that contains all music videos and concert footage. Tom Petty did this with the Playback DVD and Led Zeppelin had a similar dvd box set. As Mick would say, this is the most poorly run band in the business, so I'm probably being optimistic. I am pleasantly surprised with these deluxe album sets though.

Street_Dreamer 05-11-2016 03:58 PM

Exciting news, particularly the third disc which (hopefully) has what I consider to be the definitive live versions of The Chain, I'm So Afraid and Sisters Of The Moon.

Macfan4life 05-11-2016 04:26 PM

I asked the question about the Mirage footage to Richard in the ask Richard thread. Hopefully he can shed some light on why half the concert has never been seen or heard and why it was not released in this re-mastered set.
He must know the answer. Wouldn't it be sad if it was all lost somehow and only the HBO or commercial release concert songs remain. A few of these live gems would have made this upcoming release the best invention since the wheel :)

Wdm6789 05-12-2016 05:16 AM

The uncut Mirage video is out there somewhere. So is the US festival video. So are Tusk tour videos. I think I asked this before, are any of you really rich and/or have any connections? I'm convinced that with the proper means someone could acquire those videos.

fleetwoodguy79 05-12-2016 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wdm6789 (Post 1183253)
The uncut Mirage video is out there somewhere. So is the US festival video. So are Tusk tour videos. I think I asked this before, are any of you really rich and/or have any connections? I'm convinced that with the proper means someone could acquire those videos.

I guess that now know the first thing that I'm doing if I win the lotto...

HomerMcvie 05-12-2016 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wdm6789 (Post 1183253)

I think if we only knew WHO has them, we could tempt them enough.

Lord knows it ain't Mick. That old hooker would've sold them off in 1983!

Richard B 05-12-2016 09:56 AM

Amazon.com now has the pre-orders available for the various sets:

Mirage (Deluxe) (3CD/1LP/DVD)

Mirage (Expanded) (2CD)

Mirage (Remastered) (CD)