The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   New Stevie Tour Dates (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59612)

bombaysaffires 07-28-2022 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1276529)
I think Mike and Christine said no more tours but just big shows or festivals.

But Stevie said recently she would be playing live at 80.

playing what? The tambourine?? LOL

Christine will be 80 a year from now, and she hasn't really been able to play piano in a live venue for years.

Stevie doesn't dance at her shows anymore, and hasn't for several years, she stands, fluffs her ribbons on her mic stand, waves her arms around and does that weird headbanger thing with her head/hair. She pays a hefty price for wearing the lower heeled boots. She's 74. Let's see her at 80.

She may want to still tour then, but... Maybe she does only 2 shows a week. Those 3 days between shows will become 4 or 5. And knock on wood, but who knows what health or fitness ailments will befall her... a la Chris, and her back and hands, or John and his health. Or LB and his heart attack, the fact he survived it notwithstanding.

vivfox 07-28-2022 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl84 (Post 1276528)
Is this sarcasm or are you for real? A couple of Fleetwood Mac tours, really?

I'm not being sarcastic. Just giving a dose of reality. Stevie will tour every year for the rest of her life. It's what she loves to do. Making Christine walk back her comments proves to me Stevie intends to do another Fleetwood Mac tour. And most likely after that she'll tour another few years by herself and then book the farewell FM tour featuring Mick Fleetwood, Lindsey Buckingham and herself and they'll do the same setlist as the last FM tour Lindsey was involved with minus Christine.

HomerMcvie 07-29-2022 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 1276567)
I'm not being sarcastic. Just giving a dose of reality. Stevie will tour every year for the rest of her life. It's what she loves to do. Making Christine walk back her comments proves to me Stevie intends to do another Fleetwood Mac tour. And most likely after that she'll tour another few years by herself and then book the farewell FM tour featuring Mick Fleetwood, Lindsey Buckingham and herself and they'll do the same setlist as the last FM tour Lindsey was involved with minus Christine.

Man, you really have faith in her living forever. She barely has any voice now.

bombaysaffires 07-29-2022 01:52 AM

Can they call it "Fleetwood Mac" if it's just her and Mick with some hired hands??

And if they can, then the 4 were cowardly morons to not call BUckVIe FM

UnwindedDreams 07-29-2022 06:31 AM

Quote:

Did you see Christine's interviews last month? She said Fleetwood Mac sort of broke up and that she'd always want Lindsey back if they played again. It's been over a month since that interview and she hasn't walked back those comments.

BLY 07-29-2022 07:00 AM

Unless the five of them can come together to do the farewell tour…forget it. Mick can join Stevie on her tours. I believe the Fleetwood Mac ship has sailed.

BigAl84 07-29-2022 09:35 AM

Quote:

Wow...the Kool-Aid is strooooooong.

BigAl84 07-29-2022 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1276529)
I think Mike and Christine said no more tours but just big shows or festivals.

But Stevie said recently she would be playing live at 80.

LOLOL Oh Stevie said? She's said a lot of things that have gone...nowhere.

Villavic 07-29-2022 10:49 AM

Quote:

I'm not being sarcastic. Just giving a dose of reality. Stevie will tour every year for the rest of her life. It's what she loves to do.

No doubt that's what she loves to do. But one thing is that she will want to do it and another is that she will be able to do it. I'm sure Stevie and Mick want to play until the end of their lives, whatever reason, but life (and health) is unpredictable.

And about more FM tours, besides the reason I just mentioned, no... I don't see the 5 guys reunited again for tours. Maybe for one special reason, ala Pink Floyd in 2005 Live 8, but still, hard to believe it will occur.

sleepless child 07-30-2022 09:14 AM

I don't believe FM will tour again. After reading Chris's latest comments about her health and Johns, I just can't see it. I really don't even want to see them again at this point. They are really getting up there in years now. The playing is still good, but the voices aren't really there anymore.

michelej1 07-31-2022 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villavic (Post 1276590)
No doubt that's what she loves to do. But one thing is that she will want to do it and another is that she will be able to do it. I'm sure Stevie and Mick want to play until the end of their lives, whatever reason, but life (and health) is unpredictable.

And about more FM tours, besides the reason I just mentioned, no... I don't see the 5 guys reunited again for tours. Maybe for one special reason, ala Pink Floyd in 2005 Live 8, but still, hard to believe it will occur.

I do think Health is an issue. And not just Stevie’s. I do think that Stevie can find another way to perform without touring. Not a tour the way we knew them, anyway. Maybe 5 dates. Covid opened up a whole New World of streaming possibilities and I can see her exploring them. She can perform before a live audience and get that adrenaline rush without the toll of travel. Pay-per-view.

David 08-02-2022 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLY (Post 1276581)
Unless the five of them can come together to do the farewell tour…forget it. Mick can join Stevie on her tours. I believe the Fleetwood Mac ship has sailed.

Yes, and I think they’ve essentially said their farewells to all of us at this point.

UnwindedDreams 08-04-2022 04:36 PM

What are realistic/practical setlist changes for her tour later this year?

Belle Fleur, Leather and Lace, Annabel Lee, How Still My Love, Twisted, her second biggest hit "Talk To Me"?

bombaysaffires 08-04-2022 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1276642)
I do think Health is an issue. And not just Stevie’s. I do think that Stevie can find another way to perform without touring. Not a tour the way we knew them, anyway. Maybe 5 dates. Covid opened up a whole New World of streaming possibilities and I can see her exploring them. She can perform before a live audience and get that adrenaline rush without the toll of travel. Pay-per-view.

although she really didn't try to do ANYTHING creative during Covid.... at least nothing that got shared. I'm thinking of people who did videos.... I mean super short things like TikTok or longer bits on youtube either performing in their home studio or doing livestreams with fans or just pre recording little bits, or stepping up her game on Instagram....just.....nothing. Except moan about losing her last good years and missing the road.

I think it speaks more to why she likes touring-- like she doesn't know wtf to do with all the time at home she romanticized having during all her tours. Christ she was even talking getting a mobile home in that posh mobile home park for movie stars etc in Malibu. Her little perch above the sea. It feels like what she likes these days about touring is having that daily routine and appointments and being the center of a large group of people. So I'm gonna be surprised if she figures out how to make that work when she can't tour any more. She's still such a Luddite.

UnwindedDreams 08-04-2022 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1276779)
although she really didn't try to do ANYTHING creative during Covid.... at least nothing that got shared. I'm thinking of people who did videos.... I mean super short things like TikTok or longer bits on youtube either performing in their home studio or doing livestreams with fans or just pre recording little bits, or stepping up her game on Instagram....just.....nothing. Except moan about losing her last good years and missing the road.

I think it speaks more to why she likes touring-- like she doesn't know wtf to do with all the time at home she romanticized having during all her tours. Christ she was even talking getting a mobile home in that posh mobile home park for movie stars etc in Malibu. Her little perch above the sea. It feels like what she likes these days about touring is having that daily routine and appointments and being the center of a large group of people. So I'm gonna be surprised if she figures out how to make that work when she can't tour any more. She's still such a Luddite.

She didn't do anything creative?! She edited and released a 4 year old concert video!!!

HomerMcvie 08-04-2022 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1276783)
She didn't do anything creative?! She edited and released a 4 year old concert video!!!

SHE? Just like she removes her vocals from records. She's quite the engineer.

bombaysaffires 08-04-2022 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1276783)

dear me, I do stand corrected!! I should have said nothing ORIGINAL. Even the dam cranberry juice thing wasn't her own idea. And she had to be persuaded to do it by the youngsters around her.:laugh:

David 08-05-2022 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1276791)
dear me, I do stand corrected!! I should have said nothing ORIGINAL.

I hear she is working on a movie about Rhiannon with songs that she wrote for a song cycle. She is probably close to nailing down a final screenplay. It’s only a matter of time before we see Rhiannon on the big screen!

HomerMcvie 08-05-2022 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1276820)
I hear she is working on a movie about Rhiannon with songs that she wrote for a song cycle. She is probably close to nailing down a final screenplay. It’s only a matter of time before we see Rhiannon on the big screen!

Does she know how dumb she sounds, STILL talking about this, after 45 years of talking about it?

Villavic 08-05-2022 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1276822)
Does she know how dumb she sounds, STILL talking about this, after 45 years of talking about it?

Avatar´s sequel will be finally released after 13 years. So it is no surprise Stevie waited so long. I'm glad it is finally announced; it was worth the wait knowing that with a 45 year production, this film will be in VR-5d and the lead actress is an ADN cloned young version of Stevie :laugh:

UnwindedDreams 08-05-2022 03:29 PM

Will Show Them The Way be her last song release?

It's been over a month since she told Mike Campbell she recorded vampire songs.

Macfan4life 08-08-2022 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1276820)

I'm still waiting for the play.

David 08-08-2022 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1276911)
I'm still waiting for the play.

I’d love for her to consider doing a story map.

jmn3 08-08-2022 01:26 PM

Quote:

I could never understand what appeal a Rhiannon movie would have. It would be the dumbest thing ever. Even in 1977. Or 1997. Or 2017. Or 2027.

She COULD just try and make her performances of the actual song Rhiannon more interesting. She puts more effort and energy into her Zeppelin cover or Black Magic Woman than she has in Rhiannon for at least 25-30 years (with a couple exceptions, since 1994 IMO).

Macfan4life 08-09-2022 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmn3 (Post 1276918)
I could never understand what appeal a Rhiannon movie would have. It would be the dumbest thing ever. Even in 1977. Or 1997. Or 2017. Or 2027.

She COULD just try and make her performances of the actual song Rhiannon more interesting. She puts more effort and energy into her Zeppelin cover or Black Magic Woman than she has in Rhiannon for at least 25-30 years (with a couple exceptions, since 1994 IMO).

I think it should have been a TV show. The spin off could have come from the popular late 70s show Whats Happening. Rhiannon gets a job at Rob's place as a waitress. Soon enough she gets her own show and rings like a bell through the night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V8QMbLd2f8

HomerMcvie 08-09-2022 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1276935)
I think it should have been a TV show. The spin off could have come from the popular late 70s show Whats Happening. Rhiannon gets a job at Rob's place as a waitress. Soon enough she gets her own show and rings like a bell through the night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V8QMbLd2f8

So basically what Stevie's life would have become, had Lindsey not insisted "that we're a package deal".

UnwindedDreams 08-09-2022 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1276942)
So basically what Stevie's life would have become, had Lindsey not insisted "that we're a package deal".

No, Stevie was receiving plenty of business offers in the early 70s. She stayed with Lindsey because she felt bad for him and she talked Mick, John, and Chris into letting him come into the band too.

And a Rhiannon show these days would need erotic vampires

HomerMcvie 08-09-2022 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1276944)
No, Stevie was receiving plenty of business offers in the early 70s. She stayed with Lindsey because she felt bad for him and she talked Mick, John, and Chris into letting him come into the band too.

And a Rhiannon show these days would need erotic vampires

How's that Rhiannon Kool Aid?

aleuzzi 08-09-2022 04:53 PM

Quote:

In fairness, Christine threatened a blues record for decades...and each time she mentioned it I wanted to reach through the pages of the article and shake her.

jbrownsjr 08-09-2022 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1276961)
In fairness, Christine threatened a blues record for decades...and each time she mentioned it I wanted to reach through the pages of the article and shake her.

How long has it been since..... she was doing that blues album!!! grrrrrrrr

HomerMcvie 08-09-2022 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1276961)

That's a little different. A little. She COULD do the blues record if she WANTED. $tevie can't make a movie without financing(or financing it herself). The Rhiannon movie is just something $he's been blathering on about for the past 45 years. god, have I really been following a band for 10 years longer than I've been alive?:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

UnwindedDreams 08-09-2022 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1276945)
How's that Rhiannon Kool Aid?

It's crystalline!
You didn't know that Stevie could have joined any band in the early 1970s as a keyboardist or guitarist? She didn't need Fleetwood Mac.

She was just too good to Lindsey. And where did that get her! All that she had to sacrifice professionally. I feel for her:mad::D

HomerMcvie 08-09-2022 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1276970)
It's crystalline!
You didn't know that Stevie could have joined any band in the early 1970s as a keyboardist or guitarist? She didn't need Fleetwood Mac.

She was just too good to Lindsey. And where did that get her! All that she had to sacrifice professionally. I feel for her:mad::D

Bands were beating on her door, wanting to hire her as their keyboardist.

You know, $he could probably play keys for some really hard punk band. Plod, plod, thud, thud....."yeahhhhhhh!!!!!!"

UnwindedDreams 08-09-2022 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1276973)
Bands were beating on her door, wanting to hire her as their keyboardist.

You know, $he could probably play keys for some really hard punk band. Plod, plod, thud, thud....."yeahhhhhhh!!!!!!"

She was doing that rad pre-Gold Dust Woman dance from SYW Live in Boston back then too. It started a movement!

HomerMcvie 08-09-2022 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1276975)
She was doing that rad pre-Gold Dust Woman dance from SYW Live in Boston back then too. It started a movement!

The #2 Overture. :lol:

tothegypsy 08-22-2022 11:22 AM

A Halloween show has been added in Huntsville, Alabama.

UnwindedDreams 08-22-2022 06:50 PM

Most artists pick New York City, Las Vegas, or Los Angeles to play on Halloween...

Stevie goes to Alabama:laugh:

The inclusion of a Halloween show could mean The Vampire's Wife, Ghosts Are Gone, and Annabel Lee are coming into the set.

jmn3 08-23-2022 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1277283)
Most artists pick New York City, Las Vegas, or Los Angeles to play on Halloween...

The inclusion of a Halloween show could mean The Vampire's Wife, Ghosts Are Gone, and Annabel Lee are coming into the set.

Angel and Sweet Girl too! Tracking that ghost!

FM77 08-25-2022 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams (Post 1277283)

She is only doing outdoor shows. Notice?

UnwindedDreams 08-25-2022 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FM77 (Post 1277376)
She is only doing outdoor shows. Notice?

Is Huntsville Alabama well known for outdoor shows on Halloween?

She could play the Las Vegas Fairgrounds or Mandalay Beach. Yankee Stadium, Citi Field or Metlife Stadium. Cottown Bowl.

The Stones played Soldier in the middle of October 15 years ago.

Are the shows she's playing really outdoor though? People are packed under a pavilion, it's not truly open air.