The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Present Band (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   This forum is such a relief (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57849)

jwd 05-06-2018 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1226636)
jwd, please quit with the name calling :laugh:

Just kidding, couldn't resist!

:laugh: I appreciate your sense of humor. That was the spirit of my post. :wavey:

SteveMacD 05-07-2018 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkeye (Post 1226799)
Neil Finn already said today on Sirius that he thinks the band will record new music.

I could see having Mike in the band motivating Stevie to do another album, but I thought the same thing when Christine came back.

Christine and Neil seem to be on the same wavelength, and I would’nt be surprised if they had some type of collaboration, be it Fleetwood Mac or elsewhere.

Missy 05-07-2018 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1227008)
I could see having Mike in the band motivating Stevie to do another album, but I thought the same thing when Christine came back.

Christine and Neil seem to be on the same wavelength, and I would’nt be surprised if they had some type of collaboration, be it Fleetwood Mac or elsewhere.

Been a long time since Stevie and Chris worked together and they don't have the greatest musical communication. I think Lindsey had to explain things to everyone else. But Stevie apparently has good rapport with Mike, who she knows quite well. With Neil, he and Stevie both have in common a love of the Everly Brothers at least! and should enjoy duetting.

Mick and Neil are already friends. Christine had never met him. But I think their personalities and style will fit. And working with Lindsey probably helped break her into being back in a studio.

bwboy 05-07-2018 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwd (Post 1226913)
:laugh: I appreciate your sense of humor. That was the spirit of my post. :wavey:

It's good to have a laugh here :thumbsup:

Missy 05-07-2018 09:59 PM

I had to lol at this, from some joker...

Missy 06-16-2018 02:39 AM

Without going into it all, I no longer wish to be a member of this site. Not quite sure how to go about this but if possible, can a mod or admin please freeze/delete this account. Ty.

bwboy 06-16-2018 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Missy (Post 1231019)
Without going into it all, I no longer wish to be a member of this site. Not quite sure how to go about this but if possible, can a mod or admin please freeze/delete this account. Ty.

I can understand, but your posts are so refreshing and positive... I hope you'll reconsider but like I said before, I understand. I was looking forward to hearing more of your thoughts as FM started their tour.

sodascouts 06-16-2018 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Missy (Post 1231019)

Terribly sorry you're leaving and all, but these "delete my account" posts are so silly. What do you think will happen when your account is "deleted"? That all your posts will disappear? That's unfair to all the people who have responded to you because it renders their posts nonsensical, and it's not how a forum works.

That your name will disappear? It will be here if your posts are.

So just log out. Don't log back in.

You are no longer an active member.

Problem solved.

Missy 06-16-2018 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sodascouts (Post 1231043)
Terribly sorry you're leaving and all, but these "delete my account" posts are so silly. What do you think will happen when your account is "deleted"? That all your posts will disappear? That's unfair to all the people who have responded to you because it renders their posts nonsensical, and it's not how a forum works.

That your name will disappear? It will be here if your posts are.

So just log out. Don't log back in.

You are no longer an active member.

Problem solved.

I expected a reply like this and this is what I would normally do. However in this case I have my own feelings and reasons.

I'm stating this specifically to the mods/admin - I wish for my membership to be deactivated if it might free up their servers a bit and not be too much trouble. They might as well because I won't be visiting again. I leave it up to them, it's their decision. I just hereby state my disassociation with this board.

Over and out, no further comment.

sodascouts 06-16-2018 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Missy (Post 1231050)
I expected a reply like this and this is what I would normally do. However in this case I have my own feelings and reasons.

I'm stating this specifically to the mods/admin - I wish for my membership to be deactivated if it might free up their servers a bit and not be too much trouble. They might as well because I won't be visiting again. I leave it up to them, it's their decision. I just hereby state my disassociation with this board.

Ah.

I see what your real purpose is now.

No further comment. :)

pryderi 06-16-2018 12:05 PM

Quote:

Sorry to see you go. I have always enjoyed reading your positive outlook.

Sugar Mouse 06-16-2018 04:47 PM

Quote:

Sorry to see that quality, positive people are leaving the forum because a few members (we all know who they are) are flooding the site with venomous, angry, expletive-laden posts.

vivfox 06-17-2018 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse (Post 1231076)
Sorry to see that quality, positive people are leaving the forum because a few members (we all know who they are) are flooding the site with venomous, angry, expletive-laden posts.

I sent you a private message. Please read and respond.

secret love 06-17-2018 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 1231105)
I sent you a private message. Please read and respond.

Are you including me in "we all know who they are"? If so, a private message or email is in order (schofieldj57@gmail.com)

:thumbsup:

sodascouts 06-17-2018 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secret love (Post 1231122)
Are you including me in "we all know who they are"? If so, a private message or email is in order (schofieldj57@gmail.com)

:thumbsup:

I guess we don't all know who they are after all! :laugh:

Seriously, though, I woudn't worry about it.

Ench 08-31-2018 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse (Post 1231076)

Late to post here, but this has happened on quite a few forums. It's not just a matter of being disappointed if their favourite band does something that they don't like. It goes much further and results in active hating on their (previously) favourite band.

I'm not sure I understand the psychology behind it, but it definitely happens across multiple bands.

Street_Dreamer 08-31-2018 11:36 AM

Good grief. You should have been at this place when I was among a handful of people who stood up for and defended Billy and Bekka's talents and their place in Fleetwood Mac. You talk about real passion and vitriol...

Ench 08-31-2018 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer (Post 1235228)
Good grief. You should have been at this place when I was among a handful of people who stood up for and defended Billy and Bekka's talents and their place in Fleetwood Mac. You talk about real passion and vitriol...

Could you recommend which albums of theirs I could check out? I've been interested in FM members work, but some of the time I find the songwriting isn't as distinctive as I prefer. E.g. I just listened to Rick Vito's album Lucky Devils and it's very well performed and produced, but the songs don't stand out as excellent. They're very good songs, but not A+++. In my humble opinion. I have looked for Billy and Bekka's solo/other band music previously, but maybe haven't found the best choices to listen to.

EDIT: Am listening to Bekka's I Got News For You. She really is an excellent singer, but she needs quality songs to match her voice. The songs on her album are good, but again there need to be some A+++ songs.

Street_Dreamer 08-31-2018 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ench (Post 1235233)
Could you recommend which albums of theirs I could check out? I've been interested in FM members work, but some of the time I find the songwriting isn't as distinctive as I prefer. E.g. I just listened to Rick Vito's album Lucky Devils and it's very well performed and produced, but the songs don't stand out as excellent. They're very good songs, but not A+++. In my humble opinion. I have looked for Billy and Bekka's solo/other band music previously, but maybe haven't found the best choices to listen to.

EDIT: Am listening to Bekka's I Got News For You. She really is an excellent singer, but she needs quality songs to match her voice. The songs on her album are good, but again there need to be some A+++ songs.

In regards to Billy's solo work, I think Gimme You is his best album. Personally, I think the best work by both is the Bekka & Billy album. It really should have been a huge hit and it's a shame it wasn't.

chriskisn 09-01-2018 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer (Post 1235228)

If only we'd had the internet in the days of Stretch :D

BigAl84 09-06-2018 09:24 AM

Wow...I came here thinking there would be pages upon pages of praise following the debut of this new, wonderful band...and crickets instead?

via GIPHY

elle 09-06-2018 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl84 (Post 1235694)
Wow...I came here thinking there would be pages upon pages of praise following the debut of this new, wonderful band...and crickets instead?

via GIPHY

Oh you know Ellen performance will be swept under the rug as soon as possible never to be brought up again, same as CBS and RS interviews.

BigAl84 09-06-2018 10:57 AM

Not sure I understand your premise?

BigAl84 09-06-2018 11:00 AM

LOL ok...really? Swept under the rug? you're reaaaaaally reaching hard here.

Feather Blade 09-06-2018 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl84 (Post 1235694)

via GIPHY

Discussion happening in the Rumours part of the board where the moderators wanted topics involving the current lineup to be. Is there some reason why you thought that would be here instead?

BigAl84 09-06-2018 01:41 PM

Hahah..well excuse me while I recover from the beating of a rogue spaghetti noodle. I appear to have broken a ledgie law.

via GIPHY

Feather Blade 09-06-2018 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl84 (Post 1235743)
Hahah..well excuse me while I recover from the beating of a rogue spaghetti noodle. I appear to have broken a ledgie law.

via GIPHY

Nope, no noodle beating here. Just curious. (insert gif of your choice here)

BigAl84 09-06-2018 01:44 PM

via GIPHY

pryderi 09-06-2018 04:21 PM

Getting closer and closer to the tour. Getting psyched. Enjoyed the Mac on Ellen. They will only get better as the tour progresses.

StillOfTheNight 09-16-2018 06:36 PM

Bought my ticket! Decided to go with floor. I'll be at the very first show, Tulsa. I'll take note of the set and probably write a detailed review afterwards.

bombaysaffires 09-16-2018 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl84 (Post 1235709)
Not sure I understand your premise?

Pretty sure it was intended as sarcasm.

You know, like all the people banging on about how great the new lineup is going to be, and then when the new lineup does its first performance, none of those people are on here raving about how great it was. :thumbsup:

sasja 09-17-2018 02:47 PM

:thumbsup::woohoo:Looking forward to the Snooze-Fest's reviews!!:blob1::woohoo:

gldstwmn 09-20-2018 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sasja (Post 1236966)
:thumbsup::woohoo:Looking forward to the Snooze-Fest's reviews!!:blob1::woohoo:

I think ALL FM fans should be very careful about what they wish for at this late stage of the game. Karma's a b!tch.

gldstwmn 09-20-2018 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1236913)
Pretty sure it was intended as sarcasm.

You know, like all the people banging on about how great the new lineup is going to be, and then when the new lineup does its first performance, none of those people are on here raving about how great it was. :thumbsup:

Because it wasn't great... there were issues with the mix, FM is generally the equivalent of an atom bomb on television, Ellen kept yammering on about how great it sounded :rolleyes: and the vibe was awkward/tense. When Chris turned around to John and started clapping her hands during the bass solo on The Chain he looked at her like something was wrong. The only two people on that stage who were solid were Mick and Mike. And all that said without the mix issues they would have sounded fine. It wasn't terrible, it was their first public performance. There's no bar to hold them to. :shrug:

gldstwmn 09-20-2018 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pryderi (Post 1235768)
Getting closer and closer to the tour. Getting psyched. Enjoyed the Mac on Ellen. They will only get better as the tour progresses.

I agree. :nod:

gldstwmn 09-20-2018 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitzo (Post 1225433)
I am content to look forward to the tour and the possibility of new music. A lot of the vitriol on other parts of this site is vile but predictable. And the rhetoric keeps ratcheting up. I am sure Lindsey would be sickened to read some of the stuff his rabid fans are writing.

He should try reading his wife's social media accounts. :lol: He wonders why no one will return his phone calls? :lol: And now we have Richard Dashut saying Lindsey isn't returning his phone calls? Freud would get tired of these people. :lol:

secondhandchain 09-24-2018 09:35 PM

So is there a name of the tour? Because I think my suggestion of "On With The Faux" is on point.

bombaysaffires 09-24-2018 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gldstwmn (Post 1237251)
Because it wasn't great... there were issues with the mix, FM is generally the equivalent of an atom bomb on television, Ellen kept yammering on about how great it sounded :rolleyes: and the vibe was awkward/tense. When Chris turned around to John and started clapping her hands during the bass solo on The Chain he looked at her like something was wrong. The only two people on that stage who were solid were Mick and Mike. And all that said without the mix issues they would have sounded fine. It wasn't terrible, it was their first public performance. There's no bar to hold them to. :shrug:

I think that was the point of the sarcasm.

bombaysaffires 09-24-2018 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gldstwmn (Post 1237253)
He should try reading his wife's social media accounts. :lol: He wonders why no one will return his phone calls? :lol: And now we have Richard Dashut saying Lindsey isn't returning his phone calls? Freud would get tired of these people. :lol:

really? where did he say this? I can't keep up with this bunch.

StreetAngel86 09-24-2018 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gldstwmn (Post 1237253)

Richard has turned into a bit of a whiny biaaaaaatch lately
not surprised at all LB dropped him
prob cut everyone :lol: