The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Poll: do you own all 17 studio albums? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=53185)

SpyNote 01-26-2014 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1118680)
How many of you guys have ALL the guest appearances on other albums? That must run into the multi-hundreds.

I have all of Stevie's guest appearances, but not the other bandmates. I would love to see that collection in person. Actually, I'd love to see a climate-controlled archive facility with someone's full collection inside, everything from personal letters to prescription bottles. When I used to work for a museum, that was always a recurring fantasy of mine as I'd walk around in those chilly rooms, that I was taking care of Fleetwood Mac's mass archive.

Dreamz19 01-26-2014 09:36 PM

I own all of the Buckingham Nicks era and Bob Welch era albums. When I can I will get the others.

MacShadowsBall 01-26-2014 10:03 PM

Here's what I have...

Bare Trees
Mystery to Me - just got for Christmas
'88 GH - my gateway to the Mac
'92 Box Set The Chain (2 of em actually!)
The Dance dvd
2002 VBO FM
2 disc Rumours
6 disc Rumours set w/vinyl and Rosebud DVD
random MP3's from Amazon, Sugar Daddy, Wish You Were Here, Welcome to the Room Sara, Blow by Blow, I Got it in for You
Definitive History of FM - book
Crystal Visions - Stevie's best of CD/DVD
Soundstage Stevie Nicks
In Your Dreams CD and DVD

:cool:

Hawkeye 01-26-2014 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall (Post 1118840)
Here's what I have...

Bare Trees
Mystery to Me - just got for Christmas
'88 GH - my gateway to the Mac
'92 Box Set The Chain (2 of em actually!)
The Dance dvd
2002 VBO FM
2 disc Rumours
6 disc Rumours set w/vinyl and Rosebud DVD
random MP3's from Amazon, Sugar Daddy, Wish You Were Here, Welcome to the Room Sara, Blow by Blow, I Got it in for You
Definitive History of FM - book
Crystal Visions - Stevie's best of CD/DVD
Soundstage Stevie Nicks
In Your Dreams CD and DVD

:cool:

Wait so you run all of those polls every year but don't own half of the albums?

Hawkeye 01-26-2014 11:18 PM

And to answer the question

I own every fleetwood Mac album from dog and dustbin to the new Rumours compilation.

I own every solo album from Stevie Lindsey and Christine.

I own 3 bob welch albums

And I even have john's album

Macfanforever 01-26-2014 11:40 PM

I have to say I got all of FM when Stevie/Lindsey sign on and spotty on their pre Stevie/Lindsey albums.

chriskisn 01-27-2014 06:13 AM

Yep and at the very least a digital copy of all of the solo albums by all the members (although I have to admit I have wetcamelfood to thank for a few of the out of print ones - Bob Weston and Brunning Sunflower for example).

TheWILDheart 01-27-2014 09:49 AM

I have a bit of a miss-mash of stuff. I'm not a blues fan, so I don't have anything Peter Green era. I have:

Mystery To Me
Bare Tree's
Penguin
Hero's Are Hard To Find
Fleetwood Mac
Rumours
Tusk
Mirage
Tango In The Night
Behind The Mask
Time
Say You Will
Extended Play

Plus:

Live (1980)
The Dance
Live In Boston

Various bootlegs

All of Stevie's solo releases, Christine's "In The Meantime" and Lindsey's "Out Of The Cradle"

HomerMcvie 01-27-2014 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louielouie2000 (Post 1118616)
I own everything but the Peter Green albums.

Me too. Everything Bob Welch and forward. I just never had much interest in going back any further.

wondergirl9847 01-27-2014 03:49 PM

Albums/CD's I own

I own all except:

Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac
Mr. Wonderful
English Rose
Time

I will probably get those eventually as I'm being a completist with FM.

As for solo albums:

All of Lindsey's
All of Stevie's sans Street Angel
Christine's 1984 album
All of Danny's
French Kiss, Three Hearts and Bob Welch (1981) - Bob Welch
The Visitor - Mick Fleetwood

shackin'up 01-27-2014 04:13 PM

The only one I did not buy is Time. But the next time I see it in a store for 5 bucks, I'll pick it up, just to finish the collection. Couldn't vote, no answer fitting.

dontlookdown 01-27-2014 04:16 PM

I skipped Time and sold my copy of Behind The Mask at a garage sale.
Other than that, I have them all from the late 60's to the EP.
I really wish Then Play On, Future Games, Heroes, Bare Trees and Mystery to Me would make it to iTunes.

Ulpian 01-27-2014 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dontlookdown (Post 1119002)
I skipped Time and sold my copy of Behind The Mask at a garage sale.
Other than that, I have them all from the late 60's to the EP.
I really wish Then Play On, Future Games, Heroes, Bare Trees and Mystery to Me would make it to iTunes.

Me too. How come they aren't on iTunes but the other stuff is?

michelej1 01-27-2014 04:20 PM

I have all of the FM albums.

I have all of the solo albums for Mick, John, Christine, Lindsey and Stevie.

[I had so many free copies of Something Big I thought of handing them out on a street corner]

I have some, not all, of the solo albums for Welch, Bekka, Billy, and Rick.

And I have other albums that Macsters are associated with from Sandy Stewart, Walter Egan, Zevon, John Stewart, Trailer Park Troubadours, etc.

Michele

Mr Scarrott 01-27-2014 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shackin'up (Post 1119001)
The only one I did not buy is Time. But the next time I see it in a store for 5 bucks, I'll pick it up, just to finish the collection. Couldn't vote, no answer fitting.

I suppose option 2 would work for you? Thanks to everyone for replying. Maybe I should have included options for Rumours lineup/Welch era only and Rumours/Green eras only (that was me for quite a while in the early 90s- it was quite rare to see any mid-period Mac in the record stores here in the UK, and when I did spot them it was an expensive import. This was all pre-internet days so you couldn't cheat by sampling the dubious legality of delights that is Youtube!).

MacShadowsBall 01-27-2014 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkeye (Post 1118857)
Wait so you run all of those polls every year but don't own half of the albums?

I suppose so. Remember I've only been in fandom four years. I'm also part of the Dark Shadows and Lucille Ball fandom. That coupled with my generous $18K yearly salary and taking care of my disabled mother, I have to make my purchases selectively.

P.S. Youtube and spotify have become very handy! :cool:

sweetdudejim 01-28-2014 02:14 AM

I guess I'm weird, but here's my FM collection:

Kiln House
Bare Trees
Fleetwood Mac
Rumours
Tusk
Mirage
Tango In The Night
The Dance
Say You Will

and via download, Extended Play.

I know obviously I'm a Buckingham Nicks era fan for the most part, but I also think Danny Kirwan is amazing. "Station Man" is one of my favorite songs. However, as much as I tried, a lot of the Bob Welch stuff just didn't do it for me. I mean, both "Hypnotized" and "Sentimental Lady" are both nice, but they don't truly grab me like a lot of the Mac's best. And as far as the Peter Green era, I've considered both the debut album and Then Play On, but I've never done it, and I'm not sure I ever will. Oddly, my favorite stuff I've heard from Peter Green is that early '70s stuff like "Heavy Heart", I think it's beautiful.

And then solo-wise, I'm pretty much just a Lindsey guy. I have Law And Order, Go Insane, and Out of the Cradle. And I have a Christmas compilation with "Holiday Road" on it, bought just for the reason of having a legal CD copy of the song, haha. I haven't gotten any of Lindsey's 2000s-era solo stuff though, because just from the samples I've heard, I'm not super impressed. I mean, there's a few really cool things like "Time Precious Time" and "Seeds We Sow", but I don't know. Anybody wanna convince me? At different times I've considered Under the Skin or Gift of Screws, but I just don't know. I hope somebody here helps me to decide to go for one of those, haha.

Anyways, I've been meaning to get a Stevie best of, but I just never did. And Christine, I dunno, I really love "Got A Hold On Me" or whatever, but I just haven't heard enough good things about her solo work to really jump in. Maybe one day.

So yeah, hopefully somebody on here would like to direct where, if anywhere, I should go next in Fleetwood Mac land.

iamnotafraid 01-28-2014 03:48 AM

I'm surprised at the die-hard fans that either
don't like Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac, or that
won't even give those albums a chance.

When The Chain box set came out in the
early 90's it was Peter Green's songs on the
fourth CD that turned out to be the most
treasured by me of the ones I wasn't familiar
with.

On Ice 01-28-2014 08:27 AM

On record, I have Then Play On from the Green years and then everything else from mid to Buckingham Nicks to Mask. Managed to get my hands on an original Mystery to Me gate fold a few years back. My Bare Trees has my original receipt at $7.98 bought in May of 1979. Bought Rumours and Tusk shortly after their release dates. Nothing really beats the sound of the record on the turntable despite all the (limited) remastering.

jbrownsjr 01-28-2014 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by On Ice (Post 1119102)
On record, I have Then Play On from the Green years and then everything else from mid to Buckingham Nicks to Mask. Managed to get my hands on an original Mystery to Me gate fold a few years back. My Bare Trees has my original receipt at $7.98 bought in May of 1979. Bought Rumours and Tusk shortly after their release dates. Nothing really beats the sound of the record on the turntable despite all the (limited) remastering.

$7.98 was a good price for an album back then.

elle 01-28-2014 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetdudejim (Post 1119086)
And then solo-wise, I'm pretty much just a Lindsey guy. I have Law And Order, Go Insane, and Out of the Cradle. And I have a Christmas compilation with "Holiday Road" on it, bought just for the reason of having a legal CD copy of the song, haha. I haven't gotten any of Lindsey's 2000s-era solo stuff though, because just from the samples I've heard, I'm not super impressed. I mean, there's a few really cool things like "Time Precious Time" and "Seeds We Sow", but I don't know. Anybody wanna convince me? At different times I've considered Under the Skin or Gift of Screws, but I just don't know. I hope somebody here helps me to decide to go for one of those, haha.

come over to Lindsey board and ask away!! :wavey:

Dex 01-28-2014 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamnotafraid (Post 1119091)
I'm surprised at the die-hard fans that either
don't like Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac, or that
won't even give those albums a chance.

What's this in reference to? Reading this topic, I'm not getting the notion that many people aren't giving PG's FM a chance. But it is a different band suited to a different taste than B/N's FM, so not everyone who's a fan of one will be so of the other. :shrug:

Personally I find it annoying that a lot of my favourite BW-era stuff is so casually dispersed over the 4th disc of The Chain amongst PG stuff which isn't sonically related to it or particularly enjoyable for me. It's one of my main beefs with that boxed set.

I do like a number of Danny Kirwan's songs, though. Without You is loveliness all over.

bluefox4000 01-28-2014 09:55 AM

Yes. Sans bootlegs. Cause i just don't care THAT much, lol

Mick

Artemis 01-28-2014 12:16 PM

I have all the albums that have Stevie on them, not disinterested in the earlier stuff, and I have some of the pre-BN stuff on iTunes, but it's generally not my style of music. One day I'll listen to them all.

michelej1 01-28-2014 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall (Post 1119050)
I'm also part of the Dark Shadows and Lucille Ball fandom.

I'm interested in these too. Not just Lucille Ball though. The entire I Love Lucy cast.

Michele

McLamb 07-13-2018 09:06 AM

As far as studio albums go, I have everything except:

Original Fleetwood Mac
Mr. Wonderful
Rumours
Say You Will

The other 13 are here and accounted for!

sodascouts 07-13-2018 09:29 AM

Since the time I responded to this, I've bought the ones I was missing and now have all 17. I guess I am a completist after all.

HomerMcvie 07-13-2018 09:35 AM

I own everything Bob Welch and forward.

I own NO Peter Green era.:o:o:o

David 07-13-2018 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1118634)
I have everything. Solo, Early Years, Middle Years, Late Years. Lots of Bootlegs too.

Do you have all the former members' solo albums? Danny Kirwan's Midnight in San Juan and Second Chapter? Jeremy Spencer's Bend in the Road?

There is way too much to be a completist. Would a completist get all of Dave Walker's albums?

David 07-13-2018 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1232569)
I own NO Peter Green era.:o:o:o

I'm not sure whether you do like it or you don't. If you do like it, I suggest you get Jumping at Shadows: The Blues Years on CD. It's a very thorough collection of 36 tracks, including studio outtakes and some live. The mastering on it is good. It's a great highlights double CD.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....2UL._SS500.jpg

HomerMcvie 07-13-2018 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1232577)
I'm not sure whether you do like it or you don't. If you do like it, I suggest you get Jumping at Shadows: The Blues Years on CD. It's a very thorough collection of 36 tracks, including studio outtakes and some live. The mastering on it is good. It's a great highlights double CD.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....2UL._SS500.jpg

Well, I mean, it's a different band. Just because the drums and bass are the same really means very little.

I got into the Bob Welch years because Christine was in the band. She was my bridge. There's really not enough of a bridge there for me.

I do have The Chain boxed set, so I've got the PG selections from that.

nicepace 07-13-2018 04:57 PM

"I only have Time." And 4 people have checked this! LOL!!! Thank you for this needed bit of humor.

Mr Scarrott 07-14-2018 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicepace (Post 1232584)
"I only have Time." And 4 people have checked this! LOL!!! Thank you for this needed bit of humor.

If only Fleetwood Mac had time...

As I initiated this poll four years ago, I'm amused that it's suddenly re-appeared. I would certainly buy any new recordings from the newest iteration of the band, although I don't see any real prospect of an 18th album under the band's moniker...

I've warmed slightly to the idea of the current line-up. Something interesting may come from it, and if they were to tour the UK, residual loyalty will probably win out and I'll go hear what they sound like, hoping that any deep cuts survive in the set.

Lindsey's still the man,and his future recordings will be my primary focus, but hey, Fleetwood Mac have had another blow-out and those left have regenerated yet again for either good or for ill...

jwd 07-14-2018 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicepace (Post 1232584)

Yes indeed jokers, OR hard core Bekka/Dave fans!

FuzzyPlum 07-15-2018 12:35 AM

The early Fleetwood Mac albums can be quite inaccessible. You need to be in the right frame of mind and even then I'm not sure I'll ever properly warm to Mr Wonderful.

Along the same lines to what David said- I'd recommend people pick up a cheap copy of Live in Boston/Boston Live if it comes up on ebay. I think this is the earlier, abridged version of the 'Jumping at Shadows' Boston Tea Party recordings. This version is just 7 songs but gives a really good feel for what the band was like live back in those days. It contains the brilliant Danny Kirwan songs Only You and Like it This Way- It really rocks.

https://img.discogs.com/fiz9yo7DtDZ0...-3290.jpeg.jpg

Side 1
"Oh Well" (Peter Green) – 3:36
"Like It This Way" (Danny Kirwan) – 4:18
"World in Harmony" (Kirwan, Green) – 3:46
"Only You" (Kirwan) – 4:26

Side 2
"Black Magic Woman" (Green) – 6:25
"Jumping at Shadows" (Duster Bennett) – 5:00
"Can't Hold On" (Elmore James) – 6:59