The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   New release? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58439)

David 12-27-2018 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1246268)
She's done 3 greatest hits/box sets already: Enchanted, The Very Best of and Crystal Visions. :eek:

And Timespace, as bleudenim pointed out.

Enough is enough. Jesus Christ.

Nick 12-27-2018 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1247020)
And Timespace, as bleudenim pointed out.

Enough is enough. Jesus Christ.

Timespace (1991) had 3 NEW songs though:

Sometimes It's A Bitch (I love this)
Love's A Hard Game To Play (I like this)
Desert Angel (It's ok)

I'm all for another best of if it's similar to this where she includes 4 or 5 new songs or never before released demos.

TheWildHeart67 12-27-2018 11:13 PM

Quote:

I just think it’s a shame that there is soo much filler and wasted spaces on Crystal Visions and that is what people are buying. It doesn’t even include Nightbird or After if the Glitter Fades, which were actual hits. Instead, it includes Rock and Roll and another version of Edge. Sorcerer and Planets shouldn’t be on there either. This is the only Stevie snicks that most will listen to. Don’t skimp on the true hits. No one will ever get hear those songs
TISL is a fantastic album. "Planets," and "Sorcerer" DO belong on "Crystal Visions.
Even though TISL only had minor Adult Contemporary hits, it sold decently and holds up very well IMO.
The only solo album I really didn't love was "SA." But even with that album, I have a few songs I love. I don't get the "hate" for certain albums. If you don't like an album, than don't listen to it and move on.
This board is becoming like a bunch of cranky older people that constantly repost their dislike for things over and over. Multiple threads. But the same old "You kids get off my lawn," grumpiness.

lilyfee 01-01-2019 01:17 PM

I think Enchated is an amazing set. Career spanning hits as well as an entire disc of rare and unreleased tracks.

But sadly I don’t think we’ll get anything special from her, simply because she doesn’t believe it’s worth the effort. For example, we get our hopes up every few years for a Buckingham Nicks digital release and that’s never come to fruition despite an obvious demand.:shrug:

annabellee 01-01-2019 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilyfee (Post 1247194)
I think Enchated is an amazing set. Career spanning hits as well as an entire disc of rare and unreleased tracks.

But sadly I don’t think we’ll get anything special from her, simply because she doesn’t believe it’s worth the effort. For example, we get our hopes up every few years for a Buckingham Nicks digital release and that’s never come to fruition despite an obvious demand.:shrug:

I'm definitely in the minority here, but if they aren't going to tour it, then I hope they never re-release Buckingham Nicks. You can ebay a copy or download it. And if they did decide to tour it, it would be so disingenuous that I'd probably skip it anyhow.

bwboy 01-01-2019 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by annabellee (Post 1247199)
I'm definitely in the minority here, but if they aren't going to tour it, then I hope they never re-release Buckingham Nicks. You can ebay a copy or download it. And if they did decide to tour it, it would be so disingenuous that I'd probably skip it anyhow.

Just to be clear, you don't want them to rerelease Buckingham Nicks unless they tour for it, but if they do decide to tour, you won't see it? :confused: So what difference does it make if they tour, if you feel that way?

I would like to see that cd in print again, even though I know they'll never tour for it. Stevie has made it very clear she doesn't want to ever work with Lindsey again, and Lindsey surely feels the same way now as well.

annabellee 01-01-2019 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilyfee (Post 1247194)

gldstwmn 01-02-2019 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLY (Post 1246149)
I would think there is going to be some kind of a new release from the Stevie Nicks camp to coincide with the RARHOF announcement. Considering we have her first two releases expanded, Crystal Visions/Greatest Hits a 3 cd box set/Enchanted and a Greatest Hits/Timespace...maybe it’s time for a big box set? whatdoyouthink?

It would be great if she released the 24 Karat Gold tour DVD/CD. I would think she would want to tour with that though. I don't think there's enough time for her to do anything right now.

gldstwmn 01-02-2019 12:06 PM

Quote:

Actually I think BN is more likely to get released now.

lilyfee 01-06-2019 01:10 PM

Quote:

It is such a great album though! I would even wager that if it was released digitally, it would sell better than any new FM album or Stevie or Lindsey solo album. There is such a beautiful mystique and authenticity to it that it stands the test of time.

Regardless of whether they tour it or not, I think it is the crucial beginning to the legacies of both Stevie and Lindsey.

As to the topic of this thread, I actually never bought SFTV because Stevie implied that it was going to be repackaged with additional tracks and I did not want to buy it twice. That is still an option.:shrug:

annabellee 01-06-2019 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1247202)
Just to be clear, you don't want them to rerelease Buckingham Nicks unless they tour for it, but if they do decide to tour, you won't see it? :confused: So what difference does it make if they tour, if you feel that way?

You get me! No confusion necessary. They shouldn't release it unless they tour and if they do release it and tour, I won't go. I think that's clear. You can have my seat! :xoxo:

Dragon 01-17-2019 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLY (Post 1246149)
I would think there is going to be some kind of a new release from the Stevie Nicks camp to coincide with the RARHOF announcement. Considering we have her first two releases expanded, Crystal Visions/Greatest Hits a 3 cd box set/Enchanted and a Greatest Hits/Timespace...maybe it’s time for a big box set? whatdoyouthink?

Stevie does not need to release another compilation album. She does not need to go the way of Aerosmith, Chicago, the Eagles, and the Rolling Stones releasing countless frivolous compilation albums.

Stevie should release albums or extended plays of live performances and unreleased studio recordings (i.e. 24 Karat Goal: Songs from the Vault).

Dragon 01-17-2019 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gldstwmn (Post 1247221)
Actually I think BN is more likely to get released now.

Buckingham Nicks being released again would involve Lindsey and Stevie being in contact with each other again. Until they resolve things, Buckingham Nicks will not be released again.

Phoenixgypsy 01-27-2019 07:59 PM

Yes, Stevie has had multiple hits packages, but I still think it would be a smart move on the label's part to release some kind of compilation album around the time of the induction into the Hall of Fame. Good publicity for her as an artist and would get Stevie's music in front of the newer fans. They could include the unreleased version of Gypsy from the Netflix show a few years back and maybe Your Hand from the Book of Henry Movie.

mitzo 01-28-2019 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenixgypsy (Post 1247941)
Yes, Stevie has had multiple hits packages, but I still think it would be a smart move on the label's part to release some kind of compilation album around the time of the induction into the Hall of Fame. Good publicity for her as an artist and would get Stevie's music in front of the newer fans. They could include the unreleased version of Gypsy from the Netflix show a few years back and maybe Your Hand from the Book of Henry Movie.

Actually, from the 20 years since Enchanted she has easily enough stuff to fill another box set.