The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Rarities, a brand new 10" EP will be available on Record Store Day (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=56975)

24karatstevie 03-21-2017 11:55 PM

I think these Record Store Day releases are a really cool idea. I just wish they were things that were not already previously released with the deluxe editions.

James89 03-23-2017 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moz (Post 1204167)
Mirage info:

An album of alternate takes from the Mirage Deluxe edition, originally released in 2016. Includes the early versions of Mirage favorites "Gypsy", "Hold On" and "Oh Diane". Previously released only on CD, first time on vinyl.

Wow. Didn't realise Hold On was a favourite from Mirage. :lol:

gldstwmn 03-23-2017 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James89 (Post 1204293)
Wow. Didn't realise Hold On was a favourite from Mirage. :lol:

They're doing Wilson Phillips covers now.

WatchChain 04-01-2017 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SisterNightroad (Post 1204097)
The album of rarities that Stevie should have released in 1995 had this preview tracklist:

1. Whenever I Call You 'Friend'
2. Violet And Blue
3. Sleeping Angel
4. I Need To Know (Live)
5. Gold And Braid
6. Inspiration
7. Running Through The Garden
8. Kick It (Acoustic Version)
9. Silver Springs
10. Not A Love I'm Proud Of
11. Just Like Jesse James
12. Playing In God's Garden

Stevie recorded Desmond Child's "Just Like Jesse James"? I know the cut was later a minor hit for Cher (who still performs it in her live shows). Is there any other documentation that Stevie recorded this tune? Was it slated to appear on "Timespace"?

tothegypsy 04-01-2017 09:59 AM

Supposedly it's a different song by the same title

SisterNightroad 04-01-2017 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WatchChain (Post 1205228)
Stevie recorded Desmond Child's "Just Like Jesse James"? I know the cut was later a minor hit for Cher (who still performs it in her live shows). Is there any other documentation that Stevie recorded this tune? Was it slated to appear on "Timespace"?

Not A Love I'm Proud Of and Just Like Jesse James are both Stevie penned.

Phil 04-21-2017 08:27 PM

Picked this up this morning but it's quite disappointing. Flimsy sleeve and disc; dull cover image. Not worth worrying about in my opinion. Record Store Day is complete and utter hype.

Netter75 04-22-2017 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil (Post 1207756)
Picked this up this morning but it's quite disappointing. Flimsy sleeve and disc; dull cover image. Not worth worrying about in my opinion. Record Store Day is complete and utter hype.

Not the most well put together package but I am happy to have sort of a highlights vinyl of the deluxe edition contents. Blue Lamp and Sleeping Angel are both favorites of mine (never got around to buying the Heavy Metal or Fast Times soundtracks), and it's great to have the Bella Donna and Wild Heart demos as well.

SpyNote 04-22-2017 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Netter75 (Post 1207814)
Not the most well put together package but I am happy to have sort of a highlights vinyl of the deluxe edition contents. Blue Lamp and Sleeping Angel are both favorites of mine (never got around to buying the Heavy Metal or Fast Times soundtracks), and it's great to have the Bella Donna and Wild Heart demos as well.

Any special vinyl release is fine by me. It's the collectible nature that makes it exciting. 5000 copies is fairly limited and 3500 even more so (Alternate Mirage) :woohoo:

Lola 04-22-2017 05:41 PM

I feel the same. Been playing the Stevie Rarities and Alternate Mirage all day. The record store near my house had 2 Alt Tusk last year and 6 Alt Mirage this year. 6 Rarities. There's something about vinyl....

Moz 04-22-2017 09:27 PM

I picked this up today. It's definitely a 12" album, not 10". I wonder if that was a mistake or if they changed it last minute.

Lola 04-22-2017 09:39 PM

Maybe they called it an EP initially cause it only has 6 songs. The hype sticker doesn't say EP or 10". Glad I was able to get it. I always have fun on RSD but especially if there's something FM/Stevie available.

Moz 04-22-2017 09:48 PM

It was the RSD site that said it was a 10" record. Either way, I'm glad it's bigger. :lol: It would get lost in my collection if it had been a 10" record.

By the way, Lola, how does yours sound? I'm listening to mine right now and I can't tell if the record sounds flat and lifeless or if my EQ is messed up. I had to screw around with my stereo as some cords mysteriously unplugged themselves, so I wouldn't be too surprised if it's that and not the record.

Edit: It was my stereo. :lol:

BlueLight 04-23-2017 09:08 AM

Was able to snag both of these while in Chicago this weekend. Can't wait to listen to Blue Lamp on vinyl :thumbsup:

stevierocks87 04-24-2017 06:17 AM

I am thrilled with both releases. Both the vinyls seem solid to me. Wild Heart sounds AWESOME!