The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Dream Buckingham/McVie tour setlist (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=56774)

SteveMacD 01-14-2017 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1199602)
i think you are right - they'll do 6 new songs and then all their FM hits. but i couldn't resist skipping most of their FM hits and put in some deep cuts on my list, making a compromise.

Oh, I agree. I'd love some deep cuts. In place of "Landslide," I'd love an acoustic reworking of "Never Make Me Cry," but I can't imagine them doing that.

jbrownsjr 01-14-2017 08:41 PM

Why on earth would they do Landslide??

SteveMacD 01-14-2017 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1199611)
Why on earth would they do Landslide??

I was saying in place of where Landslide is typically in the Fleetwood Mac set, Buckingham McVie could do an acoustic version of Never Make Me Cry.

jbrownsjr 01-14-2017 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1199612)
I was saying in place of where Landslide is typically in the Fleetwood Mac set, Buckingham McVie could do an acoustic version of Never Make Me Cry.

I know.. Olive mentioned them doing it.. and then when it came up again.. I thought.. huh?? I am so sick of that song.

annabellee 01-14-2017 09:14 PM

Lindstine should do a double bill tour with Stevie. I could get into that!:]

elle 01-14-2017 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by annabellee (Post 1199615)
Lindstine should do a double bill tour with Stevie. I could get into that!:]

no Stevie on the album, no Stevie on tour to promote that album. which also means no drama. simple.

elle 01-14-2017 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1199610)
Oh, I agree. I'd love some deep cuts. In place of "Landslide," I'd love an acoustic reworking of "Never Make Me Cry," but I can't imagine them doing that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1199608)
This is so exciting. I think they could do solo material. It's not a Fleetwood Mac show. It's Buckingham/McVie

yeah i think that Steve and i are still a bit stuck in the mindset that they'd be going under Fleetwood Mac moniker - and they have so many FM hits between the 2 of them, certainly more than BN version of FM that always had to do 1 - 2 of Christine's songs had. since that's out now, i guess they really can do whatever they want. solo, mac, anything. exciting!! :]

jbrownsjr 01-14-2017 09:37 PM

They can even do Christine Perfect material.

Without the Fmac name the possibilities are endless.

elle 01-14-2017 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pattyfan (Post 1199607)
What size venues do you think they'll play? Elle wrote that she thinks they will play Fillmore size venues (small), but I just can not imagine them not being able to play larger places, like maybe the Greek Theater.

Kevin

no, i wrote i WISH they would play that size venues and not arenas or sheds.

i think they'd be able to play whatever they want, although for arenas they may need a co-act since they are not going out as Fleetwood Mac. in reality. they will probably chose to play 3-4k theaters.

SteveMacD 01-14-2017 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1199617)
yeah i think that Steve and i are still a bit stuck in the mindset that they'd be going under Fleetwood Mac moniker - and they have so many FM hits between the 2 of them, certainly more than BN version of FM that always had to do 1 - 2 of Christine's songs had. since that's out now, i guess they really can do whatever they want. solo, mac, anything. exciting!! :]

It's exciting to think of this as a blank slate, but the reality is that they have histories of playing it safe with setlists in their solo ventures, and I don't think that will change with this. If anything, I think they'll go safer.

pattyfan 01-15-2017 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1199620)
no, i wrote i WISH they would play that size venues and not arenas or sheds.

i think they'd be able to play whatever they want, although for arenas they may need a co-act since they are not going out as Fleetwood Mac. in reality. they will probably chose to play 3-4k theaters.

Oh, sorry, my bad. I wish too :) I can't imagine seeing Chris and Lindsey at the Fillmore :) Let's keep our fingers crossed :)

jbrownsjr 01-15-2017 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pattyfan (Post 1199634)
Oh, sorry, my bad. I wish too :) I can't imagine seeing Chris and Lindsey at the Fillmore :) Let's keep our fingers crossed :)

The smaller the better. I would love to see them intimately.

nicepace 01-15-2017 04:00 PM

When Christine toured to promote her self-titled album in the 1980s, she played two of her FM songs from the "Bob Welch era." They were "Spare Me a Little" and "Just Crazy Love." I would LOVE to hear those two, or for that matter, just about any of her songs from those five great albums.

I don't really expect it, but it's fun to fantasize.

pattyfan 01-15-2017 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicepace (Post 1199698)
When Christine toured to promote her self-titled album in the 1980s, she played two of her FM songs from the "Bob Welch era." They were "Spare Me a Little" and "Just Crazy Love." I would LOVE to hear those two, or for that matter, just about any of her songs from those five great albums.

I don't really expect it, but it's fun to fantasize.

I agree 100% with you. If Stevie can pull out Crying in the Night, they can certainly pull out one of Chris's old ones. Here's to hoping... :)

Kevin

Conga 01-19-2017 03:01 AM

I hope if they do this they'll embrace solo songs and classic Rumors line-up tunes like stuff from Welch era for Christine.

Not in order, but..
The Chain
Countdown
Ask Anybody
Trouble
Everywhere
Bleed to Love Her
Love Will Show Us How
I'm So Afraid
Why
Surrender the Rain
Little Lies
Murrow Turning Over In His Grave
Isn't It Midnight
Big Love (full band version)
Love In Store
All My Sorrows
Sooner or Later (okay I'm sorry I really like this song)
Tusk
Tango in the Night
Wish You Were Here (the alternate version... live!)
Songbird

WOW, I'm dreaming, because it would just be the AM Radio hits and a few new songs, but a man can dream (hence the title of the thread haha)