The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   24 Karat Gold Press Release (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=53945)

sorcerer999 07-24-2014 11:10 AM

Things are getting really exciting!!! Barring the unreleased track list, we're all pretty much getting everything we want as far as formats ~ regular CD, Vinyl, a Deluxe Edition with two bonus tracks (that kind of leads me to believe that the actual CD/vinyl will only have 14 tracks, since Dave keeps saying that 16 were recorded).

We're getting 48 pages of rare photos and in less than 2 weeks, we're going to be getting REAL song snippits, and not just muffled studio videos.

But the thing that makes me really excited is the fact that we're basically getting the album on September 29th ~ just two months and 5 days away! CRAZY!

Stevie, honey, PLEASE continue to record all your forthcoming projects in this fashion. April to September. Six months from start to public release. That's a new record!

Christopher 07-24-2014 11:10 AM

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t...pse53dc121.png

Seems like we will get the entire tracklisting on August 5th (including bonus tracks.) Unless they have the complete links up at online retailers when the double LP drops Sept. 29th! This is beyond! I think I'm more excited for this release than I was for IYD!

Danigirl 07-24-2014 11:11 AM

I'm absolutely over the moon! I'm glad to see that current marketing strategies are being utilized, giving this album much more traction than IYD.

TheWILDheart 07-24-2014 11:13 AM

Am I the only person who doesn't like the title?

I'm not sure I like the whole concept of this being all songs "from the vault". I think I'd prefer if she just promoted this as a new album that just happened to be made up of many songs written throughout her career.

I like the polariod/photo album concept though - maybe a title linked to that theme would have been more appropriate :shrug:

Jondalar 07-24-2014 11:17 AM

This is one of the nicest things an artist can do for their fans . She pretends to be aloof but she pays attention.

BlueDenimLamp 07-24-2014 11:21 AM

When Dave was recently asked about the album art he replied "I can't say...It's a great surprise" Well I guess a Double Album with a 48 page book is a "Great Surprise"...

BlueDenimLamp 07-24-2014 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorcerer999 (Post 1135046)
Things are getting really exciting!!! Barring the unreleased track list, we're all pretty much getting everything we want as far as formats ~ regular CD, Vinyl, a Deluxe Edition with two bonus tracks (that kind of leads me to believe that the actual CD/vinyl will only have 14 tracks, since Dave keeps saying that 16 were recorded).

We're getting 48 pages of rare photos and in less than 2 weeks, we're going to be getting REAL song snippits, and not just muffled studio videos.

But the thing that makes me really excited is the fact that we're basically getting the album on September 29th ~ just two months and 5 days away! CRAZY!

Stevie, honey, PLEASE continue to record all your forthcoming projects in this fashion. April to September. Six months from start to public release. That's a new record!

With any luck Dave will do the same when he produces her FM tracks...

louielouie2000 07-24-2014 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWILDheart (Post 1135049)
Am I the only person who doesn't like the title?

I'm not sure I like the whole concept of this being all songs "from the vault". I think I'd prefer if she just promoted this as a new album that just happened to be made up of many songs written throughout her career.

I think it's horrendous- Songs From The Vault makes you think it's some sort of Standards album. Makes me think of Rod Stewart & his American Songbook albums. 24 Karat Gold makes it sound self-aggrandizing as well. I'm just not a fan of the title in any way. :sorry:

That being said, as long as the music is good, I won't care. :)

Artemis 07-24-2014 11:28 AM

Apart from the hideous album title (drop either half of it and it would be fine!) I'm so excited for this. New Stevie music! No decade-long wait! Huzzah!

louielouie2000 07-24-2014 11:30 AM

Please be aware there is a thread in the Stevie section regarding her new album. Let's keep the discussion in this thread Fleetwood Mac related. :wavey:

BlueDenimLamp 07-24-2014 11:34 AM

From Rolling Stone...http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...-gold-20140724

http://i1361.photobucket.com/albums/...ps9c48a71b.jpg

By Jon Blistein

July 24, 2014 12:00 PM ET

Stevie Nicks may have spent much of 2013 touring with Fleetwood Mac and celebrating the 35th anniversary of the group's landmark LP Rumours, but the frontwoman still found time to record a solo LP. 24 Karat Gold — Songs from the Vault will see release on October 7th via Warner Bros, though vinyl lovers will be able to pick up a limited edition double LP a week earlier starting September 29th.

Stevie Nicks' Life in Photos

The LP follows Nicks' 2011 solo effort, In Your Dreams, and was produced by herself, Dave Stewart and guitarist Waddy Wachtel. Recorded in Nashville and Los Angeles, 24 Karat Gold comprises songs that Nicks wrote primarily between 1969 and 1987, plus two that were penned in 1994 and 1995. In a recent interview with the Associated Press, Nicks said she was inspired to reimagine these older tracks after stumbling across a slew of the original bootlegs on YouTube. "[W]e found all the songs that, somehow, were taken from my house or picked up or loaned out or whatever," she said, adding: "I call them my 24 karat gold songs."

In a statement, Nicks said: "Each song is a lifetime. Each song has a soul. Each song has a purpose. Each song is a love story. They represent my life behind the scenes, the secrets, the broken hearts, the broken hearted and the survivors. These songs are the memories — the 24 karat gold rings in the blue box. These songs are for you."

The 24 Karat artwork will feature never-before-seen Polaroids taken by Nicks throughout her career, while the deluxe photobook CD boasts 48 pages of pictures from her private collection alongside two bonus tracks. Pre-orders for 24 Karat start on August 5th, and that same day, Nicks will begin previewing the album on her official new Instagram account.

Along with the release of 24 Karat, Nicks' fall will be dominated by another Fleetwood Mac tour, this one reuniting the group with keyboardist and singer Christine McVie, who left the band in 1998. The On With the Show tour kicks off on Tuesday, September 30th in Minneapolis, Minnesota at the Target Center and wraps up 34 shows later on December 20th at the Tampa Bay Times Forum in Tampa Bay, Florida...

KarmaContestant 07-24-2014 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorcerer999 (Post 1135046)

I love your enthusiasm! :laugh:

Vinyl record sales are so competitive - I have to be on the ball for this one.

BlueLight 07-24-2014 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarmaContestant (Post 1135057)
I love your enthusiasm! :laugh:

Vinyl record sales are so competitive - I have to be on the ball for this one.

Right??

I'm already stressed about snagging a copy! Beyond thrilled to have my first full listening experience of this album to be on my record player.

So grateful that Stevie is doing this for her fans.

As far as the title, I would've preferred just "24 Karat." But (gypsy) beggars can't be choosers. :laugh:

welcomechris 07-24-2014 11:47 AM

October 7th Seems Like A Busy Day

new mick book and new album!

Matt Lucas 07-24-2014 11:51 AM

I figured there was talk about the new SN album in her forum. Since the news release mentions FM a couple of times and even concludes with a quote from Stevie about Christine's return, I thought it was of interest to post it on the Rumours forum.

For me, the most interesting thing about this news isn't the new album at all [I'm not really a Stevie solo fan]---it's how she's using the reunion tour to market her new album.

Since we now know that the album is intended to fulfill a contractual obligation, that makes it a little easier to swallow the timing of its release. It's still a shame that Stevie wasn't able to participate in the recording sessions, but then, maybe that was for the best. It gave Lindsey and Christine a chance to reconnect, and based on what we know, that was worth goal in terms of the number of songs they've started.

matt