The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Is anyone looking for a house to buy? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=16967)

Kelly 11-20-2004 09:07 AM

Umm sorry Patty. I have some other pages with the listing..it has his address listed so I did not post those links..don't want to list his addy on the boards. I can send you the link through email or PM if you want. The house was listed for sale on September 11, 2004 and I was thinking that about your photo just this morning. I cannot get over how beautiful the view is from this home..the only thing is, you would not even know any kids even lived here... Not a toy or swingset in sight. Beautiful grounds nonetheless.

WelshWitchPMD 11-20-2004 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelly
Umm sorry Patty. I have some other pages with the listing..it has his address listed so I did not post those links..don't want to list his addy on the boards. I can send you the link through email or PM if you want. The house was listed for sale on September 11, 2004 and I was thinking that about your photo just this morning. I cannot get over how beautiful the view is from this home..the only thing is, you would not even know any kids even lived here... Not a toy or swingset in sight. Beautiful grounds nonetheless.

Ok Kelly, PM me. Thanks.

I guess that the cleaning people do a great job clearing the toys out of the way. LOL

I hope that he finds a place for the recording studio equipment. He needs to get cracking on that next solo LP. :nod:

GardenStateGirlie 11-20-2004 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD
OOH OOH I know! It just came to me. :laugh: He must be buying/renting a 2 bedroom apartment in West Pacoima, LA, CA :D

:lol: I thought the same thing

dissention 11-20-2004 12:19 PM

Rich people are so vulgar. :rolleyes:

shackin'up 11-20-2004 02:17 PM

strange.....

This IS mindboggling news. What the heck is going on? Friggin' Nicks on the loose? Or: You love your studio more than me? Or IS it Tom Cruise.... :rolleyes:

wondergirl9847 11-20-2004 02:31 PM

Dammit!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by shackin'up
This IS mindboggling news. What the heck is going on? Friggin' Nicks on the loose? Or: You love your studio more than me? Or IS it Tom Cruise.... :rolleyes:

If Tom Cruise keeps Lindsey from that solo album, HEADS WILL ROLL!!!! :mad:

madformac 11-20-2004 05:15 PM

Ideas..

I have a couple of guesses some silly, others not so silly about why it's up for sale....

1) Maybe Lindsey prefers living in the Four Seasons hotel... He spent so long living there maybe he just can't adjust to a house! :shrug:

2) Maybe the whole house was rebuilt and decorated to be sold at a profit, although if he actually owns the land too it seems kinda cheap :shocked:

3) Do you think he's actually sick of living in LA and wants to move away? Does he want to get away to start over in another city or even state thats safer with better social influences for his kids to grow up? :nod:

4) Has W's re-election made his mind up to get out of the USA to protect his family? He's seen a few countries this past 18 months maybe he's seen somewhere he prefers?.... :shrug: We have heard hints about his political feelings in his music

5) Stevie has a few spare rooms in Arizona and he's decided to take up her offer to move the family in! :eek: :eek: :shocked:

6) He's earned sooooooooooooooooo much money on this tour, 5 bedrooms and 7 bathrooms are just frankly not enough!?!? :eek: :shrug:

:wavey:

ThePenguin 11-20-2004 05:17 PM

Wow, that house is gorgeous, but honestly it's not very cozy, can't imagine raising 3 kids there. They must not have photographed the rubber room in the basement where they keep the young uns' so they can't break any of those expensive valuables. :confused:

Great view though. 21 mill, my goodness.

-Lis

Barbara 11-20-2004 06:12 PM

It is gorgeous, but I too wondered where the kids' stuff is? One of the things I noticed in the kitchen was no high chair. Maybe Lindsey and Kristen found the location of the house was not kid-friendly, especially when they get involved in activities that require car pooling. Maybe there were too many fans driving by all the time and they worried about the kids' security . . . :shrug:

Barbara

WelshWitchPMD 11-20-2004 06:25 PM

OK I am really enjoying looking at the slide show of the property photos. It
really is nice and I have Law and Order playing on the PC and it is making for a very interesting soundtrack.

Just thought that I would share. :)

amber 11-20-2004 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD
OK I am really enjoying looking at the slide show of the property photos. It
really is nice and I have Law and Order playing on the PC and it is making for a very interesting soundtrack.

Just thought that I would share. :)

cool. I'll share now. those links don't work for me, they all say unavailable. :mad:

EnchantedSLN 11-20-2004 08:38 PM

Maybe there's another baby on the way and they need some more bedrooms ;). It's a gorgeous home. The Town and Country article really didn't do it justice. As far as it not being cozy... it looks alright to me. Too neat, yes, but it's expected that they would put all the kid's stuff away before photographing for a style magazine or a real estate listing. I doubt most of the houses in design articles or on Cribs really look like that all the time.

tuigirl 11-21-2004 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madformac
I have a couple of guesses some silly, others not so silly about why it's up for sale....
3) Do you think he's actually sick of living in LA and wants to move away? Does he want to get away to start over in another city or even state thats safer with better social influences for his kids to grow up? :nod:

:wavey:

I was thinking something similar, maybe it's back to Kristens home state (is it Wisconsin?)..you know farm house/chickens/horses, whatever..how cool would that be...or..what about, he needs the money to build Buckingham Record label Ltd to finance his solo work and up coming artists.. :cool:

glitter_fades 11-21-2004 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GardenStateGirlie
:lol: I thought the same thing

Marissa,

I didn't want to post over there because I didn't want to start any new drama. I've gota tell you, I loved your post about this topic at the BN board. Even if I don't agree with every point, it was very well thought out speculation. Very entertaining too! You know how to spin a good yarn. :thumbsup:

Who the hell knows what the rich and famous really want out of life?
Are they really like rest of us? I wonder...

It sure is a shame he's letting such a fabulous property go. I can think of somebody who likes to live fabulously especially while suffering.
If you have to suffer why not be fabulous while you're doing it? Sound familiar?

Mari 11-21-2004 08:10 AM

maybe the purpose of the article was to increase the value for selling purposes?
and maybe he's leaving the country because of dubya.. lol, thought the same thing