The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Mel's "Passions" (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=13649)

Gypsy-Rhiannon 04-02-2004 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by CarneVaca
Dude, you really need to show a little more respect for humanity. "Banging broads," "zoofull of children" and "old wife to boot" are quite tasteless expressions.

Let's turn the level of discourse up a bit.

Hey Carne... 4buck is at her happiest when she is being insulting!

I think we should remember 2 things here

1. Consider the source of the gossip

2. consider who started the thread....

'nuff said:wavey:

ivorymorning 04-02-2004 04:45 AM

Re: Mel's "Passions"

Quote:

Originally posted by 4Buck
....ahem!....

I was standing in line at the grocery store yesterday reading this paper, so I'm not super sure about all the details:

During his marriage, Gibson's been banging broads in public bathrooms, according to the National Enquirer......

I know his turnoffs have got to be his zooful of (7?) children and an old wife to boot, but this is the guy who claims he's always been "Mr Family Values."

Is "The Passion of Christ" his repent?

I saw the movie and really liked it. But what a hypocrite.

Well, I am amazed that you think anything printed in the National Enquirer should be taken as gospel truth!

I'm also amazed that you seem to think it odd that Mel has an 'old wife'.... Excuse me, but isn't the original basis of marriage that you choose ONE person to spend the rest of your life with, and not trade them in every few years for a better looking model ?

As for inferring that their family is a zoo... Whether they choose to have no children, one child or need to hire a bus to go out anywhere, it is none of your business!

4Buck 04-02-2004 10:56 AM

Re: Re: Mel's "Passions"

Quote:

Originally posted by ivorymorning
Well, I am amazed that you think anything printed in the National Enquirer should be taken as gospel truth!

.... Excuse me, but isn't the original basis of marriage that you choose ONE person to spend the rest of your life with, and not trade them in every few years for a better looking model ?

I think you better tell this to Mel!

ivorymorning 04-02-2004 11:08 AM

Re: Re: Re: Mel's "Passions"

Quote:

Originally posted by 4Buck
I think you better tell this to Mel!

Do you seriously believe what the National Enquirer says about what he's alleged to have done?

Also what is your problem with 'old' people? I've just read your comment about Christine McVie, 60 isn't old - you'll be there one day and I'm sure you won't want some 24 year old writing you off.

Mel's wife Robyn is 41 and they have been married since 1980, 24 years this year which deserves a round of applause :nod:

misterbug 04-02-2004 12:13 PM

I couldn't stand the movie, Passion of the Christ.

DrummerDeanna 04-02-2004 12:17 PM

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Rob67 04-02-2004 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by misterbug
I could..;)

Rob:cool:

diamondsnake 04-02-2004 02:51 PM

Quote:

Me either, it is almost as bad as Days of Our Lives or a Michael Jakson music video! Torture! Especially now that we know what he allegedly does with little boys.

Okay, that's getting off topic, but yes, the Passion was not easy to sit through and not enjoyable.

wondergirl9847 04-02-2004 02:54 PM

Exactly.

Quote:

Originally posted by diamondsnake
the Passion was not easy to sit through and not enjoyable.
You aren't supposed to enjoy it...it's not a "popcorn movie". :distress:

It makes you tense and sad. I'm glad I watched it tho.

dissention 04-02-2004 02:58 PM

Re: Exactly.

Quote:

Originally posted by wondergirl9847
You aren't supposed to enjoy it...it's not a "popcorn movie". :distress:

Tell that to the people Stephen King saw it with. :laugh:

He writes a column once a month in Entertainment Weekly and last month, he wrote about "The Passion." It's a VERY good article if you can find it online. I'll take a look for you. :)

dissention 04-02-2004 02:58 PM

Quote:

I'm with you, doll. I thought it was sickening and saw no point in its existence. :)

Rob67 04-02-2004 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by dissention
I'm with you, doll. I thought it was sickening and saw no point in its existence. :)
I thought you didn't see it?:confused:

dissention 04-02-2004 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Rob67
I thought you didn't see it?:confused:

If you read my posts completely, you'd know what I said. ;)

I got a bootleg vid of it and watched it, MINUS the torture and beatings. Which only amounted to, what, twenty minutes? :laugh: I fastforwarded almost all of the sick stuff.

Rob67 04-02-2004 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by dissention
If you read my posts completely, you'd know what I said. ;)

I got a bootleg vid of it and watched it, MINUS the torture and beatings. Which only amounted to, what, twenty minutes? :laugh: I fastforwarded almost all of the sick stuff.

So…you’re saying you didn’t see it.

what didn't you like about the parts you did see?? Just curious..

dissention 04-02-2004 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Rob67
what didn't you like about the parts you did see?? Just curious..
I thought they were melodramatic and over-the-top. I thought that Monica Belluci was terrible (was it a priest from the Vatican that said Sarah Jessica Parker showed more emotion on Oprah when talking about "Sex" than Belluci did through the whole movie? :laugh: He was right...). I thought the use of the "devil" was laughable. The music was predictable and manipulative (the movie would've had a greater impact without ANY music). And I thought his slow-motion camera shots were also manipulative. It was as if Gibson was trying to nudge the audience and say "See, this is the part where you should look somber or look pained at this moment..." I thought it was just cheesily made as a film. I'm not talking about what I found distasteful in the film when it came to the story aspects because we'd be here all night arguing to no avail, so I'm simply commenting on the movie.