The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Sleeping Around the Corner (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57143)

TrueFaith77 05-05-2017 05:35 AM

This is a perfect choice for the next preview song. It's a great song. It won't ruin too much cuz we already know it. And I'm so curious to find out how it differs. Also now we will have the first three tracks. So there is cohesion and unity.

button-lip 05-05-2017 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 (Post 1208985)
Well I live in a place where they have summer camp for dogs and restaurants where they can sit at a table and eat with their humans!

And I live in a place where they travel with you on the subway. But there's a BIG difference between a pet and your flesh and blood.

button-lip 05-05-2017 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1208987)
OMG. We finally disagree on something. :eek:

Children, I abhor them(most, anyway)!!!

Dogs are better than people.

Just curious...are you afraid of them?

OMG! Finally! I knew we'd disagree on this. I just didn't want the honeymoon to end. :lol:

I love children. Most of them anyway. I'm still not disappointed at the human race. :thumbsup:

And yes, I have the feeling every cat and dog on the planet will jump at me and bite me. A dog almost bit me when I was a kid and I live with that fear since that day.

button-lip 05-05-2017 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 (Post 1208991)
This is a perfect choice for the next preview song. It's a great song. It won't ruin too much cuz we already know it. And I'm so curious to find out how it differs. Also now we will have the first three tracks. So there is cohesion and unity.

I have the feeling it won't differ two much from the two previous ones. And I'm ok with that because I'm already loving IMW and FAY so it will be a smooth transition for me. :)

HomerMcvie 05-05-2017 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1208993)
OMG! Finally! I knew we'd disagree on this. I just didn't want the honeymoon to end. :lol:

I love children. Most of them anyway. I'm still not disappointed at the human race. :thumbsup:

And yes, I have the feeling every cat and dog on the planet will jump at me and bite me. A dog almost bit me when I was a kid and I live with that fear since that day.

Let's pretend it never happened!

I'm actually a fairly quiet guy, and I love peace and quiet...about 20 hours a day(I DO like going out with friends for a few hours, but solitude is just fine, most of the day). Anyway, I HATE constantly being asked questions...WHY is the sky blue?....WHY is it raining?....WHY does Homer hate Stevie so much? And that seems to be children's specialty. Endless questions! So I just say no to them. And the saddest part is that they love me!:mad::lol:

You're missing out. I don't like mean animals, either. But 95% of them aren't, and will give you completely unconditional love. Try that with humans! :lol:

lennonfan 05-05-2017 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1208998)

I'm actually a fairly quiet guy, and I love peace and quiet...about 20 hours a day(I DO like going out with friends for a few hours, but solitude is just fine, most of the day). Anyway, I HATE constantly being asked questions...WHY is the sky blue?....WHY is it raining?....WHY does Homer hate Stevie so much? And that seems to be children's specialty. Endless questions! So I just say no to them. And the saddest part is that they love me!:mad::lol:

You're missing out. I don't like mean animals, either. But 95% of them aren't, and will give you completely unconditional love. Try that with humans! :lol:

at least animals aren't likely to stab you in the back.

Murrow 05-05-2017 10:03 AM

Every two weeks until release it seems. At this rate we'll get Red Sun three weeks from now (I hope).

button-lip 05-05-2017 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1208998)

Oh, I love solitude too! Most of the day! Not a sociable person at all, I might confess. But I like spending time with children, and I don't mind their endless questions. I don't have any of my own, so that's probably I think that way. One thing is to spend a couple of hours with them, but to actually raise them, I'm sure that's a different story.

And we know why you hate Stevie so much! :lol:

I know I should try with animals. Maybe my experiences with humans weren't as bad as many people. Or I'm a very forgiving person, Sometimes too much. :shrug: :lol:

TrueFaith77 05-05-2017 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murrow (Post 1209006)
Every two weeks until release it seems. At this rate we'll get Red Sun three weeks from now (I hope).

I don't mind this type of release at all.

It seems pretty typical these days and seems to reflect the way people listen to music on their streaming devices.

The curiosity is killing me. And I'm enjoying each new reveal.

Plus each time there's a new song we can start a new poll.

HomerMcvie 05-05-2017 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1209008)
Oh, I love solitude too! Most of the day! Not a sociable person at all, I might confess. But I like spending time with children, and I don't mind their endless questions. I don't have any of my own, so that's probably I think that way. One thing is to spend a couple of hours with them, but to actually raise them, I'm sure that's a different story.

And we know why you hate Stevie so much! :lol:

I know I should try with animals. Maybe my experiences with humans weren't as bad as many people. Or I'm a very forgiving person, Sometimes too much. :shrug: :lol:

I like good kids. But the endless questions makes me avoid almost all of them. When a lady in a store gives you that look, like "don't you grab my baby and run", I wanna say, "lady, if you tried to give me that thing, I'd go running for the door, screaming!":lol:

And a portion of her fans.

OMG, a good dog is so awesome. My last one died of cancer, 12 years ago(very much documented in old threads here), and I spent 15K trying to save him. Best dog ever, and I decided my last one ever...

BUT, I get to babysit my ex's dog for two weeks, starting next Thursday. I'm so excited! I get my dog fix for a couple weeks, then she goes home.:woohoo:

button-lip 05-05-2017 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1209010)
I like good kids. But the endless questions makes me avoid almost all of them. When a lady in a store gives you that look, like "don't you grab my baby and run", I wanna say, "lady, if you tried to give me that thing, I'd go running for the door, screaming!":lol:

And a portion of her fans.

OMG, a good dog is so awesome. My last one died of cancer, 12 years ago(very much documented in old threads here), and I spent 15K trying to save him. Best dog ever, and I decided my last one ever...

BUT, I get to babysit my ex's dog for two weeks, starting next Thursday. I'm so excited! I get my dog fix for a couple weeks, then she goes home.:woohoo:

Those are modern moms. They think you should really want to raise their kids in these economy! :lol:

My dislike of Stevie nowadays has a lot to do with her fans.

That's why I don't want to get attached to an animal. They are more likely to die than humans, they die earlier. But babysit is a different story. :)

button-lip 05-05-2017 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 (Post 1209009)
The curiosity is killing me. And I'm enjoying each new reveal.

Plus each time there's a new song we can start a new poll.

I'm enjoying them too. I don't understand how some fans don't like them, but it's ok. :eek:

HomerMcvie 05-05-2017 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1209015)
Those are modern moms. They think you should really want to raise their kids in these economy! :lol:

My dislike of Stevie nowadays has a lot to do with her fans.

That's why I don't want to get attached to an animal. They are more likely to die than humans, they die earlier. But babysit is a different story. :)

I can't imagine trying to raise 3 kids. I'm 48, became debt free 3 years ago(paid off 8 rental properties and my house), bought a vacation home in Nashville, and only work about 4-5 days a month now. People ask me how I did it... NO KIDS!!!

That's why we get along so well!:wavey:

Well, you're right. That's why I decided he was my last one. I get far too attached to them. I really didn't need people in my life, when I had him. Now, I'm semi-social!:lol:

button-lip 05-05-2017 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1209017)
I can't imagine trying to raise 3 kids. I'm 48, became debt free 3 years ago(paid off 8 rental properties and my house), bought a vacation home in Nashville, and only work about 4-5 days a month now. People ask me how I did it... NO KIDS!!!

That's why we get along so well!:wavey:

Well, you're right. That's why I decided he was my last one. I get far too attached to them. I really didn't need people in my life, when I had him. Now, I'm semi-social!:lol:

Well, I'm not that lucky yet. I have to work for another 20 years more or less. Different countries, different economies. But I'm lucky enough to do whatever I want because I have no kids. I'm not gonna lie, I'd have loved to have at least one. But my time already passed (well, I'm 43), so I now enjoyed spending my money on kids-free activities. :lol:

You see? No pets, more people! Semi-social is gooood! :woohoo:

HomerMcvie 05-05-2017 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1209018)
Well, I'm not that lucky yet. I have to work for another 20 years more or less. Different countries, different economies. But I'm lucky enough to do whatever I want because I have no kids. I'm not gonna lie, I'd have loved to have at least one. But my time already passed (well, I'm 43), so I now enjoyed spending my money on kids-free activities. :lol:

You see? No pets, more people! Semi-social is gooood! :woohoo:

Until about 40, I felt like I was missing something. Now I feel like I dodged machine gun fire!:)

It is good. Although semi-social is about all I can handle. Full blown social is too much.