The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Christine McVie (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   CONFIRMED: Chris is performing in the UK! (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=52599)

elle 09-13-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by applebucked (Post 1103021)
I think this is their way of making our expectations low. Who knows what would turn out. :shrug:

lol. i've been following the band for just a short time now, but even i know that however low our expectations of the setlist may be, they are always unbelievably successful in going even lower. :rolleyes: :lol:

elle 09-13-2013 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by applebucked (Post 1103020)
Stevie, Mick, and Chris are attending the IYD premiere on Monday, so they're definitely not flying during the weekend.

i don't get this, why is everybody expecting Christine to fly from UK to Ireland?? isn't she supposed to be afraid of flying? i've been to Ireland a number of times, and it never even occurred to me to fly there from the UK (and yes, i don't like flying either).

applebucked 09-13-2013 07:22 PM

:lol: That's the Mac for you.

Couldn't hurt for them to do 1 or 2 extra songs with Christine, though. That's gonna be more than enough.

applebucked 09-13-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1103026)
i don't get this, why is everybody expecting Christine to fly from UK to Ireland?? isn't she supposed to be afraid of flying? i've been to Ireland a number of times, and it never even occurred to me to fly there from the UK (and yes, i don't like flying either).

When I said they were flying, I was talking about Stevie and Mick. :laugh: Chris would probably travel another way.

elle 09-13-2013 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by applebucked (Post 1103028)
:lol: That's the Mac for you.

Couldn't hurt for them to do 1 or 2 extra songs with Christine, though. That's gonna be more than enough.

yeah but they won't, unoftunately. i had a whole convo with Mick about that during one of m&gs. not happening with Mac. no changes. nada.

applebucked 09-13-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1103032)
yeah but they won't, unoftunately. i had a whole convo with Mick about that during one of m&gs. not happening with Mac. no changes. nada.

Not necessarily new additions, per se, but I was hoping she would join for Don't Stop and World Turning, at least. Maybe join in keyboards and backup vocals on one of the existing songs on the setlist. That way, we could still have more Chris and not change the setlist.

michelej1 09-13-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1103024)
lol. i've been following the band for just a short time now, but even i know that however low our expectations of the setlist may be, they are always unbelievably successful in going even lower. :rolleyes: :lol:

So, that means Christine will only sing ONE verse of Don't Stop. She'll be like, "Stevie, dude. I want you to sing the 'if your life wasn't good to you,' line. You've made it your own."

Michele

applebucked 09-13-2013 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1103040)
So, that means Christine will only sing ONE verse of Don't Stop. She'll be like, "Stevie, dude. I want you to sing the 'if your life wasn't good to you,' line. You've made it your own."

I just choked on my coffee. :lol:

seanthompson 09-13-2013 08:37 PM

I don't believe Christine is going to all that bother to rehearse only one song. I am seeing Lindsey and Stevie changing the context of Sad Angel and singing it directly to Chris to influence her to make one last significant contribution! There is a collection of recorded songs just waiting for Stevie and Chris to submit their vocals to as well as 3-4 songs each to make a final Fleetwood Mac album. Something is going to evolve out of this that is bigger than Christine or anyone else in the band. She said it herself that Fleetwood Mac is an entity all its own...it may just bring her back one last time.

michelej1 09-13-2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seanthompson (Post 1103043)
I don't believe Christine is going to all that bother to rehearse only one song.

It's definitely fishy. If it was one song, then she could just rehearse with them on the 24th on the morning before the first show. Morning rehearsal. Sound check. Sit in the wings that first night and get the feel of things and then perform Don't Stop the last two nights. No need to go to Dublin to rehearse ONE song. She said for the inauguration they didn't have much rehearsal didn't she? Why trips to Ireland to get it right, this time? Has age impacted their coordination, chemistry and musical ability that much?

Michele

seanthompson 09-13-2013 09:02 PM

Precisely! Hope springs eternal!

Macfanforever 09-13-2013 10:18 PM

I was listening to 1010 WINS news radio from NYC tonight before Stevie's crossroads to come on.

They mention that Christine will join FM on stage to do some songs which was the same info on here.

I guess the Christine news is in the media now.

vivfox 09-14-2013 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1103045)
It's definitely fishy. If it was one song, then she could just rehearse with them on the 24th on the morning before the first show. Morning rehearsal. Sound check. Sit in the wings that first night and get the feel of things and then perform Don't Stop the last two nights. No need to go to Dublin to rehearse ONE song. She said for the inauguration they didn't have much rehearsal didn't she? Why trips to Ireland to get it right, this time?

Didn't she also rehearse with them in Los Angeles when she visited them there before the tour?

Ulpian 09-14-2013 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 1103111)
Didn't she also rehearse with them in Los Angeles when she visited them there before the tour?

So Mick said. :thumbsup:

applebucked 09-14-2013 05:43 AM

Maybe it's a refresher or something. :laugh:

Pretty sure Chris would be interviewed by someone on Monday when she appears for the IYD premiere. Maybe we'll get some answers by then.