The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Christine McVie (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Christine Replacement??? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=38878)

LiamMcConville 01-30-2009 01:24 AM

I wish they would hire Diana Krall.

iamnotafraid 01-30-2009 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kennation (Post 795545)
Seriously, someone said that Miley Cyrus was replacing her and it just set me off, not matter how ridiculous the rumor was. I was like, NO WAY!!!

Unfortunately it's true. At least as of right now. But they are Fleetwood Mac, so things could change in an instant. BTW, if you'd have heard the recording of Miley doing "SONGBIRD" I bet you (and everyone else) would change your mind. And this is coming from someone who doesn't like her kiddie music. Stay tuned, I heard there is an update on the Fleetwood Mac/Cyrus tour.

mylittledemon 01-30-2009 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiamMcConville (Post 795710)
I wish they would hire Diana Krall.

Wow. NO. NO. NOOOO! They need to replace Christine with Christine. If Christine isn't coming back...leave it alone.

jbrownsjr 01-30-2009 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 795700)
I heard they were bringing Steve Winwood in to do Christine's songs. Note: they'll also be doing Ask Anybody, Dear Mr. Fantasy, and maybe Feelin' Alright.

You know I would love that SteveMacD!!! Love to see Rainmaker too....

Stevie could sing Gimme some Lovin' by Spencer Davis.. lol

RoseGarden 01-30-2009 12:41 PM

I agree that NOBODY can replace her, not vocally nor with the class and tact she brought.

the expression ~dont know what you got till it's gone~ fits so well here. She stayed out of the limelight and seemed "wishy washy" yet she was a very key element to the Mac. I miss her very much!

marinnette 01-30-2009 01:39 PM

I can't believe Lindsey agrees to go with Cyrus :shrug:
For me this is pain!!
I have enough with listening my 13 year old sister play Hannah Montana and Hillary Duff (we have a musical battle here at home...I play FM and she plays that kind of music...so in the corridor both sounds mix...it's war!!!!). :mad:
I don't want my dear music get perverted!!!! Ohh Stevie, oohh Lindsey!!! please don't!!!!
Christine you see!!! you must come back!!! if she lived near me I would go to her town and put placards on the walls saying: chris we love you!! please come back!!! :D

Ulpian 01-30-2009 03:33 PM

Well, we now know they're doing SYLM without her, since Mick confirmed it.

It can only be Stevie who sings that, unless Lindsey fancies describing himself as a "poor girl" :laugh: *stranger things have happened*

kennation 01-30-2009 04:16 PM

Miley Cyrus is NOT joining the band... Seriously, that was insanity and I was using it for an injection of humor...

David 01-30-2009 04:21 PM

We need two Christine McVie forums: one for all the folks who like her only now that she's gone, & the other for folks who actually liked her when she was still in the group. ;)

LukeA 01-30-2009 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kennation (Post 795857)
Miley Cyrus is NOT joining the band... Seriously, that was insanity and I was using it for an injection of humor...

WHEW! Thanks for clearing that up!

jbrownsjr 01-30-2009 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeA (Post 795869)
WHEW! Thanks for clearing that up!

hahahahahaha I like you Luke... :)

David 01-30-2009 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 795876)
hahahahahaha I like you Luke... :)

Lukey's a good kid. Although he's probably very old by now.

StandbackStevie 01-30-2009 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mylittledemon (Post 795754)
Wow. NO. NO. NOOOO! They need to replace Christine with Christine. If Christine isn't coming back...leave it alone.

I agree with ya 100% i do think fleetwood mac should not perform christine mcvies songs either unless she is in the band stevie and lindsey should just do there own songs and leave at that. i do wish she would rejoin again it was so glad to got to see them all on the dance tour that was priceless had front row seats right in front of christine mcvie on opening night in hartford it was awesome:blob2::blob1::wavey::nod:

SteveMacD 01-30-2009 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mylittledemon (Post 795754)
Wow. NO. NO. NOOOO! They need to replace Christine with Christine.

Attack of the Christine McVie Clones.

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 795860)
We need two Christine McVie forums: one for all the folks who like her only now that she's gone, & the other for folks who actually liked her when she was still in the group. ;)

And a third group for those of us who did, ummm, unspeakable things while watching Christine in the 1974 Kirchner show...

Ench 01-31-2009 03:38 AM

If there has to be a replacement, better it's someone who is a name artist in their own right and has their own style. Imagine Annie Lennox standing in, that would be fantastic. Sheryl Crow? Not bad, and clearly SC would be up for it. No name backing singer? Even if they do, technically, a better job, not so good.