The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Christine McVie (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Ken told Christine might go out on the road with Fleetwood Mac in 2014 (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=52830)

jbrownsjr 10-22-2013 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1108164)
In London, Brett was even still playing on Don't Stop. He still had something to do, even though Christine was commanding the keyboards.

Michele

Sounded like he was playing the high strings sounds.

SteveMacD 10-22-2013 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1108164)
In London, Brett was even still playing on Don't Stop. He still had something to do, even though Christine was commanding the keyboards.

There are a few ways of looking at that, though. In the old days, Jeff Sova would play the synth string parts (i.e. on "Don't Stop" and "Tusk"), but wasn't on stage with the band, which I bet is what they've been doing since Brett became the full time keyboardist. However, they did have Dan Garfield for the Tango and Mask tours, and Brett splitting between guitars and keyboards on The Dance. The fact the band streamlined the mini-Mac in 2009 makes me wonder what approach they'll take.

While I like Brett, it would be really cool if the only extra musicians on stage were Neale, Sharon, and Lori.

jbrownsjr 10-22-2013 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1108174)
There are a few ways of looking at that, though. In the old days, Jeff Sova would play the synth string parts (i.e. on "Don't Stop" and "Tusk"), but wasn't on stage with the band, which I bet is what they've been doing since Brett became the full time keyboardist. However, they did have Dan Garfield for the Tango and Mask tours, and Brett splitting between guitars and keyboards on The Dance. The fact the band streamlined the mini-Mac in 2009 makes me wonder what approach they'll take.

While I like Brett, it would be really cool if the only extra musicians on stage were Neale, Sharon, and Lori.

It would be even cooler if the only extra musician was, Ray Lindsey.

Josh2003 10-23-2013 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ulpian (Post 1108149)

Oh, and it's interesting that Ken says Christine said she wouldn't rejoin because of too many bad memories of her marriage to Eddy Quintela, rather than mentioning the hatred of touring or flying. He also repeats his concerns that she was going 'a little nuts' cooped up in the house in Kent. I'm glad she seems to be out of that phase.

Didn't Ken just say, in the interview, "her ex-husband"? I took that to mean John, but thought it odd since Chris and John have seemed to be on good terms forever now. I think John would make more sense than Eddy, though...

Ulpian 10-23-2013 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josh2003 (Post 1108182)
Didn't Ken just say, in the interview, "her ex-husband"? I took that to mean John, but thought it odd since Chris and John have seemed to be on good terms forever now. I think John would make more sense than Eddy, though...

No. I think it would be about Eddy Quintela; I don't think there are any issues with John any longer, nor have there been for decades.

I don't know a great deal about her breakup with Eddy Quintela, but there were some mutterings around the time of The Dance about the situation. I get the impression the marriage did not end happily.

applebucked 10-23-2013 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ulpian (Post 1108183)
No. I think it would be about Eddy Quintela; I don't think there are any issues with John any longer, nor have there been for decades.

I don't know a great deal about her breakup with Eddy Quintela, but there were some mutterings around the time of The Dance about the situation. I get the impression the marriage did not end happily.

I think it's Eddy as well, for the same reasons.

HomerMcvie 10-23-2013 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1108177)
It would be even cooler if the only extra musician was, Ray Lindsey.

What you said. But they've had hidden guys since Tango(maybe before even).

jbrownsjr 10-23-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1108189)
What you said. But they've had hidden guys since Tango(maybe before even).

Yes agreed. But the Mirage tour was so raw and fantastic. Even with the overdubs and post production, I felt like I was watching a real show.

applebucked 10-23-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1108193)
Yes agreed. But the Mirage tour was so raw and fantastic. Even with the overdubs and post production, I felt like I was watching a real show.

The Mirage tour video remains one of my favorties to this day.

jbrownsjr 10-23-2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by applebucked (Post 1108194)
The Mirage tour video remains one of my favorties to this day.

It's so vivid, animated and fantastic to watch. I love every minute of that show.

applebucked 10-23-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1108196)
It's so vivid, animated and fantastic to watch. I love every minute of that show.

Same. It was also the last before the mini Mac came along for the ride and now there are too many cooks in the kitchen.

Macfanforever 10-23-2013 01:08 PM

With Mac We will never know what is up their sleeves until it happens.

Maybe they need chef Ramsey to straiten the Mac out.Pun intended.LOL....

jbrownsjr 10-23-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfanforever (Post 1108210)
With Mac We will never know what is up their sleeves until it happens.

Maybe they need chef Ramsey to straiten the Mac out.Pun intended.LOL....

^^^ Tabitha's take over... :lol:

HomerMcvie 10-23-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1108193)

At Tango, when the house lights were still up(pre show), I was walking to my seat, and from one tiny vantage point, I could see this HUGE offstage keyboard rig. Like literally 9-10 keyboards. I kept on rubbernecking, and finally some douchebag security guard got onto me, for looking! Did I mention he was a douchebag?:lol:

But it certainly wasn't Chris playing that giant rig!:mad:

ejb1969 10-23-2013 06:12 PM

Ken begins to talk about Chris at approx. 12:30 into the recording.