The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Rupert Hine has passed away (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58958)

BombaySapphire3 06-08-2020 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svnwndrs (Post 1258485)
Very sad. I like what he and Stevie did on the OSOTM. It’s my favorite of her solo albums. Anyway, I heard or read that he was actually married while he had a fling with Stevie during the making of the album. And also something about his wife was pregnant or something. I hope she devotes at least a whole chapter of her book about this period of time in her life.

Totally believable . A pregnant wife would never get in the way of Stevie shagging one of her producers or whomever else she had her eye on.

HomerMcvie 06-09-2020 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 (Post 1258489)
Totally believable . A pregnant wife would never get in the way of Stevie shagging one of her producers or whomever else she had her eye on.

If that thing had an odometer, it would surely need a couple extra digits to account for the excessive mileage. :laugh:

bombaysaffires 06-09-2020 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 (Post 1258489)

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1258491)
If that thing had an odometer, it would surely need a couple extra digits to account for the excessive mileage. :laugh:

Lots of sexual partners- no different than all the men in rock and roll, including all the men in FM. :nod:

And you can't bust her for an affair if you aren't also going to bust the married man. After all, HE was the one who was breaking a vow to someone else, not her. :shrug:

HomerMcvie 06-09-2020 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1258495)
Lots of sexual partners- no different than all the men in rock and roll, including all the men in FM. :nod:

And you can't bust her for an affair if you aren't also going to bust the married man. After all, HE was the one who was breaking a vow to someone else, not her. :shrug:

Agreed.

Still amazes me, the sheer numbers!:rolleyes:

Macfan4life 06-09-2020 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1258497)
Agreed.

Still amazes me, the sheer numbers!:rolleyes:

Long nets of white cloud my memory

priestofnothing 06-09-2020 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1258456)
He was older

Um, he just died at age 72. Stevie is 72. They are the same age.

bombaysaffires 06-10-2020 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by priestofnothing (Post 1258500)
[/B]

Exactly. ;)

David 06-12-2020 07:04 PM

Quote:

[I]The night I met Rupert Hine was a dangerous one. He was different from anyone else I had ever known...He was older, and he was smarter, and we both knew it. I hired him to do the album before we even started talking about music. It seemed that we had made a spiritual agreement to do a magic album...in a fabulous Dutch castle, at the top of the mountain. We recorded it in the formal dining room...where, upon the walls hung all these very old and expensive pieces of art...looking at us...we were never alone.

It always seemed to me that whenever Rupert walked into one of these old, dark castle rooms, that the rooms were on fire. There was a connection between us that everyone around us instantly picked up on, and everyone was very careful to respect our space...our TIMESPACE, so we all lived at the castle. Then something happened to him that simply made it impossible for us to ever be together again. I left him there...the rooms were still burning, but [B]the fire had been stolen from us.
Sounds like the same problem Ava Gardner had with Rossano Brazzi in The Barefoot Contessa.

michelej1 06-13-2020 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1258514)
Sounds like the same problem Ava Gardner had with Rossano Brazzi in The Barefoot Contessa.

But Stevie makes it sound like something that happened quite suddenly. So I’m thinking more along the lines of Loreena Bobbitt. If he alwayshad that problem, I think she would’ve found out about it a little sooner and not only after they were fully involved.

michelej1 06-13-2020 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by priestofnothing (Post 1258500)
[/B]

Maybe he was not so much older than her than wiser than her.

HomerMcvie 06-13-2020 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1258520)

I have a Pomeranian that's quite fetching.:p

BombaySapphire3 06-13-2020 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1258520)

If you were wiser you would get out.

HomerMcvie 06-13-2020 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 (Post 1258526)
If you were wiser you would get out.

Amen to that, although at the time, $he was the hottest thing going, and every straight man in the world wanted to do her.

Sometimes life's just about the notch on your headboard...

michelej1 06-13-2020 11:22 PM

Rupert probably told her he was dismembered in a car accident or something.

Can you imagine how annoying Stevie must be during sex? I’m not saying that she’s not attractive. Obviously she was. But I’m saying, first of all I can’t imagine that you could get her to stop talking throughout the whole thing. Secondly, I don’t think the stuff she would be yammering about would be conducive to romance. Third, I can’t imagine that she is any less self-absorbed during intercourse then she is normally.

And I think she would have peccadilloes like “Never touch the left side of my neck. That’s a very sensitive spot. All of my nerve endings are there because in a past life ...”

I think she would be a very annoying lover and I can’t point to any man who wanted to stay with her long-term except Lindsey and maybe Walter Egan.

HomerMcvie 06-13-2020 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1258530)
Rupert probably told her he was dismembered in a car accident or something.

Can you imagine how annoying Stevie must be during sex? I’m not saying that she’s not attractive. Obviously she was. But I’m saying, first of all I can’t imagine that you could get her to stop talking throughout the whole thing. Secondly, I don’t think the stuff she would be yammering about would be conducive to romance. Third, I can’t imagine that she is any less self-absorbed during intercourse then she is normally.

And I think she would have peccadilloes like “Never touch the left side of my neck. That’s a very sensitive spot. All of my nerve endings are there because in a past life ...”

I think she would be a very annoying lover and I can’t point to any man who wanted to stay with her long-term except Lindsey and maybe Walter Egan.

I hereby nominate this post as LEDGE POST OF THE YEAR!

I can hear her demands now....$he probably has Karen barking orders at the poor schmuck!:lol:

And yes, Walter still seems to have a thing for her(or his pics of them together are his only remaining claims to 'relevant' fame).