The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Happy Birthday Mick (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57992)

Villavic 06-25-2018 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 (Post 1231642)
How old is he anyway.? Hasn't he lied about his age in the past:shrug:

According to Wikipedia Mick is 71.
Christine will be 75 on july 12
John will be 73 on november 26
Stevie is 70
Lindsey will be 69 on october 3

I don't know any singer who went on tour in his very late 70s or at 80 or more. Is there any?I have read Sinatra did a last show when he was 79, but not sure if it was within a tour. That's why I was saying in other post a reunion of the 5 guys lineup is increasingly unlikely each day. And who knows what will be the mood of those five in the next years.

SteveMacD 06-25-2018 05:17 PM

B.B. King was in his 80s, Buddy Guy is 81, and John Mayall is 84.

WelshWitchPMD 06-25-2018 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villavic (Post 1231700)
Stevie is 70

I don't know any singer who went on tour in his very late 70s or at 80 or more. Is there any?I have read Sinatra did a last show when he was 79, but not sure if it was within a tour. That's why I was saying in other post a reunion of the 5 guys lineup is increasingly unlikely each day. And who knows what will be the mood of those five in the next years.

Tony Bennett is still touring. He will be 92 on August 3rd

https://www.tonybennett.com/tour.php

button-lip 06-25-2018 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoonSister75 (Post 1231668)
Happy Birthday Mick!

Thanks for the band, and the music. I'm forever grateful :nod:

Don't expect too much love from the ledge. Many fans blame you for what just occurred which seems unfair to me, as we still don't know exactly what happened.

Have a super, fun filled, Birthday! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

And who should we blame, tell me? He’s FM’s Daddy but then he’s blameless. :shocked:

Storms123 06-25-2018 09:23 PM

Quote:

Stevie is 70

I think Christine and John are the wildcards. IMO, If they bend to Stevie's directive to tour every 3 years, Christine will be 78 and John 76. That could be tough for those two, although John's health seems good. Actually Lindsey is probably the biggest wildcard---if they come a knockin' again, he should tell them to shove it. As a fan, I hope he wouldn't, particularly given his comments about the legacy, but as a human being, I would stand up and applaud if he told them to take a hike.

nicepace 06-26-2018 09:03 AM

Quote:

I don't know any singer who went on tour in his very late 70s or at 80 or more.
Ian Hunter is 79 years old, is still touring rock clubs, and is in the midst of a series of reunion concerts with two other members of Mott the Hoople.

Ringo Starr will be 78 in a few days and still playing gigs where he drums and sings lead.

I just saw John Sebastian (Lovin' Spoonful), age 74, play a solo gig.

Just some examples.

SisterNightroad 06-26-2018 12:59 PM

Quote:

Stevie is 70

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1231701)
B.B. King was in his 80s, Buddy Guy is 81, and John Mayall is 84.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicepace (Post 1231726)
Ian Hunter is 79 years old, is still touring rock clubs, and is in the midst of a series of reunion concerts with two other members of Mott the Hoople.

Ringo Starr will be 78 in a few days and still playing gigs where he drums and sings lead.

I just saw John Sebastian (Lovin' Spoonful), age 74, play a solo gig.

Just some examples.

Bob Dylan is 77, Jerry Lee Lewis is 82, Willie Nelson is 85, Leonard Cohen was 79 during his last tour, Little Richard around 80, Chuck Berry in his late 80s.

gldstwmn 06-26-2018 02:09 PM

Ray Davies, 74 just said in a radio interview that The Kinks are getting back together.

missundercover 06-26-2018 02:19 PM

Quote:

I don't know any singer who went on tour in his very late 70s or at 80 or more. Is there any?

Tom Jones (at 77) is still touring and I will see him this thursday - magnificient! Professional, no drama, great band and I never have to worry about him breaking up a band. :lol:

iamnotafraid 06-26-2018 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missundercover (Post 1231735)
Tom Jones (at 77) is still touring and I will see him this thursday - magnificient!

That old dude has still got it.

I must say though, those others mentioned
in this thread wouldn't get my money at this
late date.

After seventy or so, hardly anyone is a great
vocalist. Fleetwood Mac could attest to that.

wayner 06-27-2018 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamnotafraid (Post 1231738)
That old dude has still got it.

I must say though, those others mentioned
in this thread wouldn't get my money at this
late date.

After seventy or so, hardly anyone is a great
vocalist. Fleetwood Mac could attest to that.

Mick Jagger is 75 and still rocking and filling stadiums along with Keith Richards, who looks like 125 but is actually only 75 !

dreamsunwind 06-27-2018 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missundercover (Post 1231735)
Tom Jones (at 77) is still touring and I will see him this thursday - magnificient! Professional, no drama, great band and I never have to worry about him breaking up a band. :lol:

Tom Jones has one of the most remarkable voices of all time if you ask me. It's hard to believe how WELL his voice held up. Enjoy the concert!

elle 06-29-2018 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamsunwind (Post 1231767)
Tom Jones has one of the most remarkable voices of all time if you ask me. It's hard to believe how WELL his voice held up. Enjoy the concert!

yes! i saw Tom Jones recently and his voice is unbelievable, plus he presents a fantastic, rocking, eclectic show - well worth the money and then some, everyone who loves rock or blues or just great music - and entertaining stories from the old times - should go see him at least once! and it's amazing how great his voice still is when compared to our macsters and their practically completely shut voices.

vivfox 06-29-2018 10:27 AM

I got so many good laughs from this thread on all the people beating Mick's a$$ for his Birthday wishes. He totally deserves the abuse. LOL