The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Fleetwood Mac on Ellen (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58063)

JohnL 08-27-2018 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1234863)
I'm really not trying to be pedantic. When an artist releases a Greatest Hits album its generally songs released as singles (hence the notable absences from Fleetwood Mac Greatest Hits). Not sure what chart you'd be thinking of but as far as I'm concerned- no, neither Landslide nor Silver Springs reached anywhere near the top 20.

Add Tusk to Lindsey's list. A shout could go to Oh Dianne as well as it was a UK top 10. Indeed the US version of GH has 4 Stevie (discounting NQA) and 3 Lindsey. The UK release has 5 Stevie, 4 Lindsey. Of course, the additional Stevie song is Seven Wonders; Great song. Sung by Stevie but not really written by her.

So yes, I think it would be fair to say Stevie sneaks ahead of Lindsey in terms of hit singles with Fleetwood Mac.

Of course, as far as the TV station promoting the Ellen show is concerned- they wont be distinguishing between hit singles and famous songs, so really it could be any, though I'd stick with Little Lies (or maybe Dont Stop) and Dreams

Landslide peaked at number 10 and silver springs at number five on the adult contemporary chart. Good enough for me. They were hits in the late 90s.

FuzzyPlum 08-27-2018 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnL (Post 1234867)
Landslide peaked at number 10 and silver springs at number five on the adult contemporary chart. Good enough for me. They were hits in the late 90s.

US Adult Contemporary Chart?
errrr, that doesn't mean sh!t :lol:

JohnL 08-27-2018 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1234869)
US Adult Contemporary Chart?
errrr, that doesn't mean sh!t :lol:

You know what really doesn’t mean ****? Your opinion. Have a great day :-)

FuzzyPlum 08-27-2018 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnL (Post 1234870)
You know what really doesn’t mean ****? Your opinion. Have a great day :-)

Oh, that's nice.
How lovely it was speaking with you.
Don't have a nice day.

JohnL 08-27-2018 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1234871)
Oh, that's nice.
How lovely it was speaking with you.
Don't have a nice day.

Oh poor thing got your feelings hurt from being nasty? Sorry. Still wish you have a great day.

FuzzyPlum 08-27-2018 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnL (Post 1234872)
Oh poor thing got your feelings hurt from being nasty? Sorry. Still wish you have a great day.

F*****g weirdo.

JohnL 08-27-2018 05:27 PM

[QUOTE=FuzzyPlum;1234873]F*****g weirdo.[/QUOTE

I have a few choice names for you also. But hopefully you just said enough to get your ass banned. You people are embarrassing yourselves over and over. Take it somewhere else. Moderators I object to the name calling.

FuzzyPlum 08-27-2018 05:29 PM

[QUOTE=JohnL;1234874]
Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1234873)
F*****g weirdo.[/QUOTE

I have a few choice names for you also. But hopefully you just said enough to get your ass banned. You people are embarrassing yourselves over and over. Take it somewhere else. Moderators I object to the name calling.

'You people'??????
I can honestly say I have absolutely no idea whatsoever what the hell you are talking about.
:shrug:

JohnL 08-27-2018 05:33 PM

[QUOTE=FuzzyPlum;1234875]
Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnL (Post 1234874)

'You people'??????
I can honestly say I have absolutely no idea whatsoever what the hell you are talking about.
:shrug:

I am talking about people who don’t have anything positive to say about this new flavor of the band. If you don’t like it then don’t read the posts and if you read the post keep your opinion to yourself unless you have something constructive to say. Fleetwood Mac is the way it is now. There is nothing you can do about it. So why do you all continue to do this? My initial post was simply a notification of them being on television and this is what I get.

FuzzyPlum 08-27-2018 05:40 PM

[QUOTE=JohnL;1234876]
Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1234875)

I am talking about people who don’t have anything positive to say about this new flavor of the band. If you don’t like it then don’t read the posts and if you read the post keep your opinion to yourself unless you have something constructive to say. Fleetwood Mac is the way it is now. There is nothing you can do about it. So why do you all continue to do this? My initial post was simply a notification of them being on television and this is what I get.

?????????
Get outta here.
I'm actually relatively neutral. Whilst I hate whats happened, believe Mick to be a spineless a$$ and have no plans to see a FM show (if they even come to the UK) I'm actually a bit of a fan of Neil Finn.
I've not said anything negative other than to enter into a discussion about what constitutes a 'hit'. Perhaps you should go back and re-read what I've written.
To say 'your opinion really doesn't mean sh!t' is not very nice is it? Poor manners, old boy.

JohnL 08-27-2018 05:42 PM

[QUOTE=FuzzyPlum;1234879]
Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnL (Post 1234876)

?????????
Get outta here.
I'm actually relatively neutral. Whilst I hate whats happened, believe Mick to be a spineless a$$ and have no plans to see a FM show (if they even come to the UK) I'm actually a bit of a fan of Neil Finn.
I've not said anything negative other than to enter into a discussion about what constitutes a 'hit'. Perhaps you should go back and re-read what I've written.
To say 'your opinion really doesn't mean sh!t' is not very nice is it? Poor manners, old boy.

I simply pointed out a fact about Fleetwood Mac’s charting on the adult contemporary chart. You said it didn’t mean ****. I told you your opinion didn’t mean **** to me. You then called me an unacceptable name. Don’t even try to put this on me and don’t call me old either.

FuzzyPlum 08-27-2018 05:45 PM

[QUOTE=JohnL;1234880]
Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1234879)

I simply pointed out a fact about Fleetwood Mac’s charting on the adult contemporary chart. You said it didn’t mean ****. I told you your opinion didn’t mean **** to me. You then called me an unacceptable name. Don’t even try to put this on me and don’t call me old either.

It's just an English term. Now you mention it though...possibly you are very, very, very young.

JohnL 08-27-2018 05:47 PM

[QUOTE=FuzzyPlum;1234881]
Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnL (Post 1234880)

It's just an English term. Now you mention it though...possibly you are very, very, very young.

It’s fine. Just continue the insults. I find it entertaining. There are several folks here that think they can use twisted complements to insult other people. I don’t find it acceptable.

Angel75 08-27-2018 05:51 PM

[QUOTE=FuzzyPlum;1234881]
Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnL (Post 1234880)

It's just an English term.

Agreed....Old boy is not an offensive term, in fact it's mildly affectionate...Americans might use buddy,pal or dude...Australians use mate ;)

JohnL 08-27-2018 05:53 PM

[QUOTE=Angel75;1234883]
Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1234881)

Agreed....Old boy is not an offensive term, in fact it's mildly affectionate...Americans might use buddy,pal or dude...Australians use mate ;)

That’s fine. I simply asked him or her not to call me old. Then they turned around to imply I was immature. It just keeps getting better here.