The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Will there be a European leg? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58096)

FuzzyPlum 09-12-2018 03:10 PM

Yes there will be both a European and Antipodean leg, I'm sure.
Mick needs to squeeze out every last possible penny while he's got the chance because after this, that's it.... back to being a restauranteur and Rick Vito's side man for his final years.

sodascouts 09-12-2018 03:41 PM

Only if the band deems it sufficiently profitable. If they don't think there's enough interest to generate a wide enough profit margin, they won't go. From what I understand, there are a lot of additional expenses when touring Europe, and people overseas aren't as keen to pay the kind of prices Americans have come to accept for "VIP experiences." Less money to be made.

Surely there will be enough interest in Australia, though, since everyone keeps telling me Finn is a big deal Down Under.

Storms123 09-12-2018 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sodascouts (Post 1236423)
Only if the band deems it sufficiently profitable. If they don't think there's enough interest to generate a wide enough profit margin, they won't go. From what I understand, there are a lot of additional expenses when touring Europe, and people overseas aren't as keen to pay the kind of prices Americans have come to accept for "VIP experiences." Less money to be made.

Surely there will be enough interest in Australia, though, since everyone keeps telling me Finn is a big deal Down Under.

I also thought I read/heard that Stevie has solo commitments mid-late 2019. I think that came out when they were claiming Lindsey wanted to push the FM tour off until 2019. Since the band is now walking away from that, no way of knowing if it’s actually true

jbrownsjr 09-13-2018 09:45 AM

Quote:

I would be shocked if they didn't tour down under. And if this is a farewell tour, I'd be shocked about not going to Europe. Certainly, sales can't be that bad?

FuzzyPlum 09-13-2018 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1236487)
I would be shocked if they didn't tour down under. And if this is a farewell tour, I'd be shocked about not going to Europe. Certainly, sales can't be that bad?

It looks as if the additional meet & greet income alone would be enough to keep his restaurant afloat for another couple of years.

jbrownsjr 09-13-2018 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1236491)
It looks as if the additional meet & greet income alone would be enough to keep his restaurant afloat for another couple of years.

Ha! I wonder who would pay for that. Interesting to see if that sells.

FuzzyPlum 09-13-2018 10:58 AM

Quote:

Cant speak for the rest of Europe or 'down under' but in the UK I think there'd be less people bothered by the Lindsey Buckingham fiasco so I think ticket sales would again be really healthy (they always have been here for the past few tours). I can't see them not making a mint from a visit to the UK.

FuzzyPlum 09-13-2018 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1236492)
Ha! I wonder who would pay for that. Interesting to see if that sells.

The World is full of idiots and people with more money than sense.

jbrownsjr 09-13-2018 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1236493)
Cant speak for the rest of Europe or 'down under' but in the UK I think there'd be less people bothered by the Lindsey Buckingham fiasco so I think ticket sales would again be really healthy (they always have been here for the past few tours). I can't see them not making a mint from a visit to the UK.

If I remember correctly, they did quite well with Billy and Rick in Europe.
I personally really enjoyed that show.

Nathan 09-13-2018 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1236494)
The World is full of idiots and people with more money than sense.

It's really subjective though. So just because you think it's idiotic or a poor use of money, doesn't make that true for someone else.

Other people can afford to drop $600 on this. Not me and clearly not you, but others.

iamnotafraid 09-13-2018 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1236422)
Yes there will be both a European and Antipodean leg, I'm sure.

A new word (for me).

Angel75 09-13-2018 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamnotafraid (Post 1236529)
A new word (for me).

And it's a great word , very commonly used....better than Australasian as people get that confused with Australian

iamnotafraid 09-13-2018 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel75 (Post 1236532)
And it's a great word , very commonly used....better than Australasian as people get that confused with Australian

Another new word.

Angel75 09-13-2018 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamnotafraid (Post 1236540)
Another new word.

BINGO

Everyday is a school day ;)

DownOnRodeo 09-13-2018 08:24 PM

I got a giggle from the phrase "antipodean leg" (the "pod" in antipode means "foot").