The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   In My World - 1st Buckingham/McVie single (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57064)

FuzzyPlum 04-13-2017 11:21 PM

The more I listen the more the bass really stands out. Good job John.

bombaysaffires 04-13-2017 11:25 PM

I find the oh ah oh in the middle annoying. I don't like when Stevie cannibalizes herself and I don't like when LB does either. Nothing really new. Really, really, really, hoping the rest is much better.:mad: Everyone knows Chris is the best single writer of them all.

FMM2 04-13-2017 11:25 PM

Just heard it. Its definitely catchy, bouncy and I can hear Christine in the keys... but what this song really needs is lush layered harmonies from them both. (Especially Christine.) I find myself singing trying to sing along in the harmony...

Very organic sound, which I like. Not bad... but I want Christine harmonies...

I'm just wondering if I've been way too spoiled by Tango and the lush Christine harmonics there?

Bring on the other songs please! ;)

FMM2

jbrownsjr 04-13-2017 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1206707)
The more I listen the more the bass really stands out. Good job John.

The rhythm section is amazing on this. I noticed the bass when I put it up on my good speakers.

BombaySapphire3 04-13-2017 11:29 PM

Was prepared not to like it from some of the posts on here but I do.It's melodic and atmospheric with good lyrics.I do agree with those that feel that Chris should be on it kind of odd that she wouldn't be. I hope that is not a harbinger for other Lindsey songs on the album.

GypsySorcerer 04-13-2017 11:30 PM

I'm enjoying it. :thumbsup: Like everyone else has said, I'd prefer more Christine. I'm getting more of a Mirage vibe than Tango. The chorus is extremely catchy.

FuzzyPlum 04-13-2017 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMM2 (Post 1206709)
Just heard it. Its definitely catchy, bouncy and I can hear Christine in the keys...

I'm not sure I can hear her. All the keyboard parts are quite basic and repetitive. I'm really not sure she's on this song at all.

DreamIsOver 04-13-2017 11:33 PM

Listening to "In My World" made me feel like how Lindsey's face looks on the album cover.
If this is a teaser, it's not much of a pleaser.

Iamwilliame 04-13-2017 11:33 PM

It isn't classic Fleetwood Mac, but I'm digging it. Add Christine and Stevie to that catchy chorus and I would like it a lot more.

sorcerer999 04-13-2017 11:36 PM

I will reserve my judgement until the album comes out and I've had an opportunity to listen to ALL the songs. I'm especially excited about new material from Christine and agree it's a shame she's not utilized more on this first single, which is underwhelming to me, personally.

Not sure why they thought it would be a good choice of "lead" single. I just don't hear anything special here. There's no hook. The lyrics are lackluster. :shrug:

But again, that's merely my opinion. As a song, it doesn't speak to me or get me excited. Seems like "filler". Here's hoping the rest of the album (especially Christine's material) blows this song out of the water. :thumbsup:

sorcerer999 04-13-2017 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DreamIsOver (Post 1206715)
Listening to "In My World" made me feel like how Lindsey's face looks on the album cover.
If this is a teaser, it's not much of a pleaser.

^^^ :lol: THIS!!! (And welcome to the Ledge!!! :wavey:)

SteveMacD 04-13-2017 11:44 PM

I wish it had more/any Christine, but she wasn't especially present on "Big Love" (to which this song pays homage), and TITN had a lot of LB/CM collaboration, so I'm not reading anything into it.

However, it IS an odd choice for a lead-off single.

elle 04-13-2017 11:45 PM

listening to In Our Own Time to cleanse my palate after this. now that was a lead single! talk about lush sound.

aleuzzi 04-14-2017 12:05 AM

I downloaded it and listened the whole way through. It's quite catchy. Good song. Very good, in fact. That said...

I'm not nuts about his processed vocals. And I'm REALLY annoyed that Christine is not singing prominently on it. She would have sounded terrific harmonizing on the chorus. Why oh why was she not singing here? My assumption is that it was largely recorded prior to her rejoining. Okay. But then GO BACK IN and sing background! As a teaser for the album, they could have picked something they were both singing on.

Frankenstein 04-14-2017 12:25 AM

I like the song a lot. It doesn't blow me away but it's a good "safe" tune. Needs more Christine vocals.